Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
You mean the game he got steamrolled and stayed in and then was subsequently finished for the rest of the series, that's what your basing your conclusion on? I give up.

yep. If Kreider does not intentionally injure Price Montreal wins.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
I have to disagree with you. Two of those things, the 3rd D pairing and a forward with some grit could be solved with a couple of low-cost moves.

As for the PK and the coaching, well, the only way Cappy is getting fired is if there's a 1st round meltdown. Like them or not the
Isles still have 41 wins.

I think the Isles development schedule has moved up. The team is close. Go for it. I'm not saying trade Pulock or Dal Colle. But if I'm Garth Snow I'd be willing to listen to

offers for some of the other prospects.

This !!!

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Oh my Lord what a bunch of Mary's....

Forget about how other teams are doing for a minute... this team is a handful of points from being the best in the league. Best in the league. Now, there are no guarantee's that it ends up like that.... but every single person here would have signed up for that at the beginning of the season. This team has done everything right, and they've gotten to where they are while suffering some major injuries.

Is the team perfect? Heck no... they could use a bottom pairing D with size and an upgrade over CJ. Big. Freaking. Deal. Any moves they make now will be a luxury and carry with it the possibility of hurting chemistry.

All that said, if one were to upgrade their offense on D.... you would be hard pressed to find a better option than Yandle. I have a hard time seeing that as being much of a problem for the Rangers though. Much more pressing is the need to upgrade down the middle.... I don't care what anyone says, if they win a cup with Stepan and Brassard as their 1/2 that would be the weakest duo down the middle for a contender in the 35 years I've watched the sport. There's also the severe lack of sandpaper throughout that roster. Other than Glass, who is a detriment whenever he's on the ice.... who is the cop on that team? Staal? Mr. Oopsie (Kreider)? Yandle does nothing to improve the overall defense of that bottom pairing... and their PP (where Yandle actually makes a difference) was already 11th.

In the grand scheme of things, they really gummed up their future by trading 2 1st rounders and their young captain for a 39 year old, thenfollowing that up with trading another 1st rounder and their best offensive prospect for a guy that is only under contract for another year.

They will be going 4 years (starting two years ago and ending two years from now) without a 1st rounder, and without the next 2 second rounders. For two players that might not even be back after next season.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I think you're underrating how well the Isles can do by addressing the things I suggested. Yandle is not the type of move we needed to make. For us, its more about shoreing up some depth and gaining some grit.

Just because we were a lottery team last year doesn't mean we can't get to the ECF or further. The Islanders have been their own worst enemy this season. They have rarely been outclassed. Most of their losses have been because they shoot themselves in the foot.

My only point about bringing up Yandle was that was what has been done today and the panic on the board by some that we haven't done anything. Let's see what happens tomorrow, as I said, I would be open to trading a 4th round pick for depth, I've been one of the biggest advocates for adding size to our puny 3rd pairing. That said, I definitely do not want to be overpaying for it and by overpayment I meant 1st or 2nd round pics or blue chip prospects.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I just don't think this is the year to sit on your hands if you are Snow--- listen, if this team could be in 1st place with this coaching staff, you are obviously talented -

We are built for the long run here. I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with a move that would make us better what I'm saying is they have to be really smart about this. We aren't the end of contention run we are at the beginning and we do not have any picks to give up so we'd have to give up some bodies. We can't be out there making trades just to make trade and we can't be out there overpaying for mediocre talent if it means screwing us somehow in the next 5-7 years. If teams are really holding it to them they have a good enough team that should be getting pieces healthy that could most definitely stand pat.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
You mean the game he got steamrolled and stayed in and then was subsequently finished for the rest of the series, that's what your basing your conclusion on? I give up.

And what are you basing your conclusion on? The rangers scored
3 goals in game 2, (2) goals in game 3 (loss) -- (3) goals in an OT win in game 4--- (4) goals in game 5 (loss) and (1) goal in game 6

So, you are saying that the sole reason they made the cup was because Price got hurt? They averaged 2 goals in the three games they won after he got hurt----

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
My only point about bringing up Yandle was that was what has been done today and the panic on the board by some that we haven't done anything. Let's see what happens tomorrow, as I said, I would be open to trading a 4th round pick for depth, I've been one of the biggest advocates for adding size to our puny 3rd pairing. That said, I definitely do not want to be overpaying for it and by overpayment I meant 1st or 2nd round pics or blue chip prospects.

Not all of our prospects are blue chip. Some prospects you keep others are assets you use to make the team better.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Not all of our prospects are blue chip. Some prospects you keep others are assets you use to make the team better.

Do you think teams are looking for Aaron Ness? To be clear, the prospects I mean as untouchable are MDC, Griff, Pulock, JHS

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Trade: Rangers acquire Sheppard from San Jose | ProHockeyTalk

prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/01/report-rangers-acquire-sheppard-from-san-jose

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
im glad most of you aren't the gm. talk about knee jerk reactions. (especially the dude who wants to punch walls.)

the isles have dominated their division rivals. they're 19-4-1 against the met. all those teams are trying to get better to compete with us.

with okposo coming back, that makes us a better team, its like getting a player at the deadline.

the only move i would look to make is for a depth defenseman, so strait can go to the press box.

to go all out this year is as foolish as it gets. unlike the rangers, we have a young core who can compete for years. and we are a few pieces away from being a serious cup contender. (not to say that it isn't possible, but lets face it, most teams need to get some experience under their belts before they push themselves over the top)

so to go all "everyone made a move, we need to make a move" is a crock. we're in first place.

lets kick back, enjoy the playoffs. and look to add some of the missing pieces in the offseason. starting with firing cronin.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Do you think teams are looking for Aaron Ness? To be clear, the prospects I mean as untouchable are MDC, Griff, Pulock, JHS

MDC and Pulock...untouchable. I'd listen to offers for JHS and Reinhart

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Trade: Rangers acquire Sheppard from San Jose | ProHockeyTalk

prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/01/report-rangers-acquire-sheppard-from-san-jose

I follow the Sharks a bit. Sheppard is a solid 4th liner. I'm guessing this is Glass's replacement. NYR is all in.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
im glad most of you aren't the gm. talk about knee jerk reactions. (especially the dude who wants to punch walls.)

the isles have dominated their division rivals. they're 19-4-1 against the met. all those teams are trying to get better to compete with us.

with okposo coming back, that makes us a better team, its like getting a player at the deadline.

the only move i would look to make is for a depth defenseman, so strait can go to the press box.

to go all out this year is as foolish as it gets. unlike the rangers, we have a young core who can compete for years. and we are a few pieces away from being a serious cup contender. (not to say that it isn't possible, but lets face it, most teams need to get some experience under their belts before they push themselves over the top)

so to go all "everyone made a move, we need to make a move" is a crock. we're in first place.

lets kick back, enjoy the playoffs. and look to add some of the missing pieces in the offseason. starting with firing cronin.

This x 1000!

Crispy385

Jul 23, 2008
First of all, a thousand nos to Braydon Colburn. Not for a seventh, not for free off of waivers.

Second of all, people getting angry at snow for not making moves, let's not forget it's hard to buy stuff with out any money.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
And what are you basing your conclusion on? The rangers scored
3 goals in game 2, (2) goals in game 3 (loss) -- (3) goals in an OT win in game 4--- (4) goals in game 5 (loss) and (1) goal in game 6

So, you are saying that the sole reason they made the cup was because Price got hurt? They averaged 2 goals in the three games they won after he got hurt----

The Canadiens entire play style changed with Tokarski in net, that series is not even close if Price didn't get hurt

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
When Tavares is 34, has won 3 cups and we are nearing the end of a great run and we want ONE last shot we do what the Rangers did today.

When your entire core is below 26 you do what Snow did. Absolutely nothing until a deal makes sense to OUR team.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
For everyone who wants to keep up with the Jones', just hang tight. Expect Snow to test the current squad as-is and make adjustments in the summer. There is no reason to Chuck our future in the toilet for this year's cup run. Our core is still fairly young, and will improve. Have some faith in GMG . He earned it last summer.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I may be in the minority but happy the rangers are mortgaging their future and going all in.. will make it sweeter when they get knocked out this year knowing their future will likely include a slow decline over the next few years while the Isles continue to improve (I think Duclair will be a beast and all those #1s they have traded away ouch)..sure Yandle makes them better but we will go only as far as our special teams and goaltending takes us. The rangers moves are not as big of a concern to me as taking care of our specialty teams issues. no panic moves please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad