Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
They should replace CHAD because hes beyond bad and pick up Semin lupul or Gagner for cheap.
Donovan and Strait could be placed on waivers for all I care.

What is your obsession with Semin? He has 2 GOALS all year. He is a lazy player with a ginormous price tag. **** that guy
Lupul is on the IR every other week. Waste of whatever assets we trade.

Isles need to upgrade the bottom pair and back up goalie...
and also their PK coach. Seriously, if Cronin has a job next season I'll break something

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
God a lot of people here are alarmists.

Yandle is a real good player on the PP but mediocre at best 5 on 5.
Sheppard is a downgrade from Stempniak

Not exactly worried here. If Snow stands pat I'm fine with it. I'd like a better Dman on the bottom pairing but it's not make or break.

Finally someone who is not emotionally attached as a fan. More fans need to use their heads like this guy.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
So a trade for the sake of a trade?

A trade to better the team--- we need a veteran d-man--- someone that can move guys out of the crease and clear the puck. Would like us to get a bit bigger on d at the same time---
Adequate backup goalie wouldn't hurt either--- and maybe a forward for some depth with all of the injuries

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
God a lot of people here are alarmists.

Yandle is a real good player on the PP but mediocre at best 5 on 5.
Sheppard is a downgrade from Stempniak

Not exactly worried here. If Snow stands pat I'm fine with it. I'd like a better Dman on the bottom pairing but it's not make or break.

:thumbu:

Rangers are pushing all their chips to the center for this year, and next, we'll see but I don't see anything that makes me say, wow, they've addressed their only glaring weakness so they will be unstoppable. Breathe guys, breathe !!! Are they better than us this year, on paper yes but let's talk a couple of years down the road and see who has the better team for the next 5 years.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There is one player out there who might be a difference maker but are you willing to give up next year's pick for Phaneuf?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
There is one player out there who might be a difference maker but are you willing to give up next year's pick for Phaneuf?

Maybe if Toronto is willing to retain 50% of that terrible contract for the life of the deal, lol.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
Isles need a back up goalie...anyone who thinks otherwise picture you paid 145 dollars for your game one playoff game ticket and you get to the rink and halek pulled a groin...are you wishing you spent that money on something else knowing the isles have a %65 chance of losing the game?

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
:thumbu:

Rangers are pushing all their chips to the center for this year, and next, we'll see but I don't see anything that makes me say, wow, they've addressed their only glaring weakness so they will be unstoppable. Breathe guys, breathe !!! Are they better than us this year,
on paper yes but let's talk a couple of years down the road and see who has the better team for the next 5 years.

I could be in the minority of isles fans here, but who cares about the better team for the next 5 years? The rangers went to the cup last year, and are now poised to go again--- the isles have a shot at doing something special this year, if Garth tweets a bit--- not too much to ask.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I could be in the minority of isles fans here, but who cares about the better team for the next 5 years? The rangers went to the cup last year, and are now poised to go again--- the isles have a shot at doing something special this year, if Garth tweets a bit--- not too much to ask.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think we are serious Cup contenders, even before today's trades. When your PK is dead last, at a almost historic rate, your 3rd pairing is made up of Viz, Hickey and Strait, other than JT none of our centers can reliably win a faceoff, besides our 4th line none of our forwards get physical when playoffs are typically more rough and physical than the regular season and you have Fred, Barney and Mr. Slate behind the bench, IMO you are not one player away to mortgage your future and go all in for one year.

And the Rangers went to the Cup last year because Kreider steamrolled Price, Price is the best goalie in the league, last year and this year---they don't beat him.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think we are serious Cup contenders, even before today's trades. When your PK is dead last, at a almost historic rate, your 3rd pairing is made up of Viz, Hickey and Strait, other than JT none of our centers can reliably win a faceoff, besides our 4th line none of our forwards get physical when playoffs are typically more rough and physical than the regular season and you have Fred, Barney and Mr. Slate behind the bench, IMO you are not one player away from mortgaging your future to go all in.

I would consider winning a playoff series THIS YEAR something special--- doesn't mean being cup contenders---- as presently constituted , I agree--- we won't do much--- with a nice move or two, I think we can get past the 1st rd

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
...The deals the Rangers me today are the types of deals I'll look to make 2 to 3 years from now...we are not as far down the road as they are with regard to competing for a Championship. We are in the first year of our ascendancy and snow is acting accordingly.

I don't want any of our top 10 prospects or any pics in the first two rounds dealt for anybody tomorrow...mid level prospects and third and fourth rounder's are all I'm willing to pay right now to tweek this team.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I would consider winning a playoff series THIS YEAR something special--- doesn't mean being cup contenders---- as presently constituted , I agree--- we won't do much--- with a nice move or two, I think we can get past the 1st rd

so you trade one or more of MDC, Reinhart or Pulock to win a playoff series? :huh:

To each their own but I have a different definition of special.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think we are serious Cup contenders, even before today's trades. When your PK is dead last, at a almost historic rate, your 3rd pairing is made up of Viz, Hickey and Strait, other than JT none of our centers can reliably win a faceoff, besides our 4th line none of our forwards get physical when playoffs are typically more rough and physical than the regular season and you have Fred, Barney and Mr. Slate behind the bench, IMO you are not one player away to mortgage your future to go all in.

I have to disagree with you. Two of those things, the 3rd D pairing and a forward with some grit could be solved with a couple of low-cost moves.

As for the PK and the coaching, well, the only way Cappy is getting fired is if there's a 1st round meltdown. Like them or not the Isles still have 41 wins.

I think the Isles development schedule has moved up. The team is close. Go for it. I'm not saying trade Pulock or Dal Colle. But if I'm Garth Snow I'd be willing to listen to offers for some of the other prospects.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Isles need a back up goalie...anyone who thinks otherwise picture you paid 145 dollars for your game one playoff game ticket and you get to the rink and halek pulled a groin...are you wishing you spent that money on something else knowing the isles have a %65 chance of losing the game?

Who's being paraded out there? Also any playoff team loses their starter their in deep **** and will probably lose.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I have to disagree with you. Two of those things, the 3rd D pairing and a forward with some grit could be solved with a couple of low-cost moves.

As for the PK and the coaching, well, the only way Cappy is getting fired is if there's a 1st round meltdown. Like them or not the Isles still have 41 wins.

I think the Isles development schedule has moved up. The team is close. Go for it. I'm not saying trade Puloch or Dal Colle. But if I'm Garth Snow I'd be willing to listen to offers for some of the other prospects.

I agree with the bold, but Yandle definitely does not happen with low cost moves. Let's see what happens tomorrow, as I have said in other posts, giving up a 4th round pick can/should be done to get a physical dman-if possible. As for moving up, we were a lottery team last year so yeah its moved up but doesn't mean we give up the prospects to MAYBE win a 2nd playoff series.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
They added a young ready made top six player in Hayes still have Miller and Fasth. And are now fishing the KHL for some youth. I'm a Devils fan and have to agree that they should go all out with Lundqvist in his early 30's.

Hayes has been good this year, but Miller is mediocre I don't see anything at all in Fast like nothing.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think we are serious Cup contenders, even before today's trades. When your PK is dead last, at a almost historic rate, your 3rd pairing is made up of Viz, Hickey and Strait, other than JT none of our centers can reliably win a faceoff, besides our 4th line none of our forwards get physical
when playoffs are typically more rough and physical than the regular season and you have Fred, Barney and Mr. Slate behind the bench, IMO you are not one player away to mortgage your future and go all in for one year.

And the Rangers went to the Cup last year because Kreider steamrolled Price, Price is the best goalie in the league, last year and this year---they don't beat him.

You might want to check the stats from that series---- Price IS great, but he was awful in game 1--- the Rangers scored a total of 7 goals in the other three games, and won game 6 by a 1-0 score--- Tokarski stopped 31 of 32, and was third star of game-

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I agree with the bold, but Yandle definitely does not happen with low cost moves. Let's see what happens tomorrow, as I have said in other posts, giving up a 4th round pick can/should be done to get a physical dman-if possible. As for moving up, we were a lottery team last year so yeah its moved up but doesn't mean we give up the prospects to MAYBE win a 2nd playoff series.

I think you're underrating how well the Isles can do by addressing the things I suggested. Yandle is not the type of move we needed to make. For us, its more about shoreing up some depth and gaining some grit.

Just because we were a lottery team last year doesn't mean we can't get to the ECF or further. The Islanders have been their own worst enemy this season. They have rarely been outclassed. Most of their losses have been because they shoot themselves in the foot.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
You might want to check the stats from that series---- Price IS great, but he was awful in game 1--- the Rangers scored a total of 7 goals in the other three games, and won game 6 by a 1-0 score--- Tokarski stopped 31 of 32, and was third star of game-

You mean the game he got steamrolled and stayed in and then was subsequently finished for the rest of the series, that's what your basing your conclusion on? I give up.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
so you trade one or more of MDC, Reinhart or Pulock to win a playoff series? :huh:

To each their own but I have a different definition of special.

I just don't think this is the year to sit on your hands if you are Snow--- listen, if this team could be in 1st place with this coaching staff, you are obviously talented -

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad