Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Fleury wouldn't cost much..according to an article which just came out from Russo which if true, Guerin just loves his former Pittsburgh teammates. Also same article said, Guerin plans to sign dumba this summer.

Here's my take. Yep, Guerin loves Dumba, he stays. And next year he'll re-sign Zuccarello to a Goose deal, then offer him a coaching job when it's time to re-sign Kaprizov. Big plans :D

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I’m going to be incredibly bitter if we don’t re-sign Middleton and we did it for f***ing Goligoski

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I know this might be far out there but what about trading both Fiala and Dumba?
It’s a definite possibility, everyone here is trying to solve cap for next season, but year 4 of the buyouts is going to be a huge inflection point. A whole bunch of our sweetheart contracts end and will not be easily replaced. Hartman type deals don’t come around very often. Hard decisions will need to be made and Guerin seems to be somewhat proactive about it.

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
The return better be pretty dang good to move both players when it isn't necessary.
With the dead cap going up only moving Fiala doesn’t leave us with much if we want to sign Middleton (a must for me). We gain 9+ with Rask and Fiala gone but the dead cap goes up like 8 mill if I remember correctly. Moving Dumba would give us some flexibility. Don’t get me wrong I don’t love our D without Dumba but would rather trade him now then extend him and watch his play really decline.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
With the dead cap going up only moving Fiala doesn’t leave us with much if we want to sign Middleton (a must for me). We gain 9+ with Rask and Fiala gone but the dead cap goes up like 8 mill if I remember correctly. Moving Dumba would give us some flexibility. Don’t get me wrong I don’t love our D without Dumba but would rather trade him now then extend him and watch his play really decline.
I have grown to quickly love Middleton, but he does not replace Dumba. If you move on from Dumba, you have to do it with the understanding that you're probably not contending anymore. Therefore, you'd better get a good haul of prospects and picks. That's all I was saying.

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
I have grown to quickly love Middleton, but he does not replace Dumba. If you move on from Dumba, you have to do it with the understanding that you're probably not contending anymore. Therefore, you'd better get a good haul of prospects and picks. That's all I was saying.
I feel Dumba is over rated. He hasn’t been the same since his first shoulder injury. For half his salary I feel we could replace his defensive game. We have enough pick moving defenseman all ready. His locker room presence would be harder to replace.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve seen various reports on Ben Myers but nobody besides Russo seems to be linking him to the Wild. Sounds like the western conference is where he’s going. I’ve seen reports of Nashville, Seattle, and Arizona. It’s a shame; I would love to get him. Russo wrote that the Wild value him as a late 1st round pick.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sucks that we're going to lose Fiala, but at least he's doing his part to maximize his trade value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad