Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If signing Goligoski doesn't mean Dumba is gone, I have no idea what it means. You trade Kahkonen for Middleton who you're presumably gonna try to extend. You now have

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Kulikov-Goligoski
Merrill
Addison

Why?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If signing Goligoski doesn't mean Dumba is gone, I have no idea what it means. You trade Kahkonen for Middleton who you're presumably gonna try to extend. You now have

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Kulikov-Goligoski
Merrill
Addison

Why?

It means they don't care about extending Middleton, they plan on trading Kulikov, or don't care about Addison being an NHL player.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
That leaves 6 defensemen under contract for next year.

Does not factor in Middleton or Addison.

While it may mean opening up a possibility of a Dumba deal this offseason, could signal that Addison may not have a future on this blue line either.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It means they don't care about extending Middleton, they plan on trading Kulikov, or don't care about Addison being an NHL player.

None of those make sense. But hey, it doesn't always have to when we're talking about Guerin I guess?

I can totally see him letting Addison rot in the AHL again next year, but even that would seem to indicate Dumba is gone when his contract is over.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Seems somewhat clear he has no desire to get into UFA prices to fill up the roster. Goligoski likely could have got 3.5m+ on a one year deal.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Told you they're going to re-sign Goose, but of course you didn't believe me ;)

He's almost +40, so it looks like he's doing something good back there...

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Goose is a sub 1 million dollar player. Almost anyone can provide the garbage he does nightly on the ice. It’s pitchfork time for Guerin if he signs Goose to anything more than 1.5x2 with zero player control

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Dumba is 100% gone now IMO.

Goli @ $2M is perfectly fine. I think we overreact to how bad he is honestly. The advanced analytics don’t support the argument unless he’s being severely carried by Spurgeon.

Goligoski is fine. This team could probably better spend $5m... but Goligoski at $2m is fine.

We’re gonna have to start penciling in some LDs as LWs

Wouldn't be the first time that a Wild lineup has done that in actual practice this season.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t get it. It seems Russo’s intuition is wrong again on this one. When he claims things from sources I’ll believe it, but his speculation recently hasn’t been on point. Makes me feel better about him speculating that Fiala is gone.

Reactions: Slotski

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Could the plan be to move Kulikov , Talbot , Dumba and Gudreau and sign Fiala and Fleury? With Jost and Middleton in the mix?

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Could the plan be to move Kulikov , Talbot , Dumba and Gudreau and sign Fiala and Fleury? With Jost and Middleton in the mix?
Fleury wouldn't cost much..according to an article which just came out from Russo which if true, Guerin just loves his former Pittsburgh teammates. Also same article said, Guerin plans to sign dumba this summer.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fleury wouldn't cost much..according to an article which just came out from Russo which if true, Guerin just loves his former Pittsburgh teammates. Also same article said, Guerin plans to sign dumba this summer.

Russo was also adamant that Goligoski wasn't coming back so at this point Russo probably has very little credibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad