Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I thought Fleury said he didn't want to be traded?
From Russo's story today:

According to multiple sources, general manager Bill Guerin has once again investigated the prices of goaltenders around the NHL and has zeroed in on potentially acquiring the Blackhawks future Hall of Fame goaltender in advance of Monday’s 2 p.m. trade deadline. Remember, prior to signing Cam Talbot to a three-year contract in 2020, the Wild attempted to acquire Fleury from the Golden Knights.

While a trade couldn’t be consummated at the time, it’s believed Fleury, a three-time Stanley Cup winner, was willing to waive his no-trade clause to come to Minnesota then and is willing to do so again. The Blackhawks reportedly want a first-round pick for Fleury, but Guerin has been vocal about not wanting to trade his 2022 first-rounder. A second would likely be something he’d part with.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
If you can get him for relatively cheap it wouldn't be a bad move. But 1st round pick or any of the good prospects would be too much.

You wonder if Chicago would be willing to take Talbot? They don't have a goalie signed for next year.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If you can get him for relatively cheap it wouldn't be a bad move. But 1st round pick or any of the good prospects would be too much.

You wonder if Chicago would be willing to take Talbot? They don't have a goalie signed for next year.

In my opinion, they 100% need to send Talbot the other way if they acquire Fluery. For one, bringing in Fluery to be the starter would create some awkward dynamics going forward. The other thing is that getting rid of that $3.7M cap for Talbot could be crucial for next season. There still is a path to keeping Dumba & Fiala next season, but it’s pretty much predicated on getting Talbot off this team.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
46 and 47 on the ice together at the same time could be a huge problem in the playoffs. I'm not worried about 25 and 24. Ideally, someone like Carson Soucy would be the perfect pickup for the defense.
I’ve actually thought that they’ve looked really solid as a pairing lately. Not sure if the inconsistency earlier in the season lead to their struggles, but they have improved. Their advanced stats are actually better than Brodin-Dumba (albeit marginally).

I don’t think our defense is the issue though, I think our forward play in the defensive zone is.

Slotski

Jun 5, 2018
USA
I’ve actually thought that they’ve looked really solid as a pairing lately. Not sure if the inconsistency earlier in the season lead to their struggles, but they have improved. Their advanced stats are actually better than Brodin-Dumba (albeit marginally).

I don’t think our defense is the issue though, I think our forward play in the defensive zone is.
Good point on the forward’s defensive play. On multiple occasions recently, the opponent’s weak side D has been left with a 40 foot lane to the net, while two Wild wingers are bunched together on the strong side.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Southern Minny

Nov 29, 2021
Not for a 1st, but it would revitalize MAF, he would come here with an edge, I think he would have a lot to play for and people to prove wrong. I think they're teams he'd like to serve a big S*&t burger too.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Good point on the forward’s defensive play. On multiple occasions recently, the opponent’s weak side D has been left with a 40 foot lane to the net, while two Wild wingers are bunched together on the strong side.
Yep this is exactly what I’ve noticed on several goals. Greenway got caught yesterday, think it was Fiala the game before. It’s been a very common theme & has been the main issue other than goaltending. I do think our 3rd pairing gets exposed, but I really don’t think there’s been a huge increase of breakaways & odd-man rushes compared to previous years. They’re just more noticeable when the goalies can’t come up with a big save.

I will admit that it would be nice if we had some bigger guys that could clear out traffic in front of the net. Still don’t think it’s what’s caused Talbot to underperform so significantly (although he’s been better recently).

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
It was reported almost an hour ago that Giordano was going to the Leafs, but there has been zero report on the return yet. Amazing how they have kept it sealed so far.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Of course Eklund is posting crap like this

1647805875247.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

The FO's matter, and i don't like the D zone coverage at times. To me, it's unforgivable if a Dman allows a wide open chance because he is staring at the puck, and let's a man slip behind him.. That's just concentration, and effort. I understand if someone beats you with superior strength, speed, or skill, but I have zero patience for any Dman who won't position himself properly or do the basics.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I get that, but I can't imagine he'd want to make a lateral move.
Our defense is amongst the best in the league once again in xGA. So, I would say your eye test that our defense is poor is not accurate. Our goalies are letting in more goals than they should.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Our defense is amongst the best in the league once again in xGA. So, I would say your eye test that our defense is poor is not accurate. Our goalies are letting in more goals than they should.
19th in NHL in GA is not one of the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad