Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hockeybuzz rumor chart has RW nyr kravtsov available. when is his khl contract up and could we get him cheap? im still interested in the redwings namestnikov & leddy at low cost.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
hockeybuzz rumor chart has RW nyr kravtsov available. when is his khl contract up and could we get him cheap? im still interested in the redwings namestnikov & leddy at low cost.

He's currently under contract with NYR and on loan to the KHL, so a different contract situation than Kaprizov or Marat K. He's been available all year. He's the one that wouldn't report the NYR's AHL team earlier this season.

Getting anyone currently in Russia right now probably isn't a good idea with the current geopolitical state of the world.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hagel got two 1sts, imagine what Greenway could have gotten. We should have been selling.
A 1st, Knies, and a small dump to TOR. They are desperate to win this year or the next. I'd be thrilled with that return, especially if it meant we had a chance to re-sign Fiala.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm more wondering what MN would get for Fiala if they retained half his salary.
I don't know if they even have to, for most teams, as the prorated salary is probably only something like 1m. I am sure that they would do it, if they had the right deal, but I REALLY doubt that Guerin (or Leipold)is ready to throw in the towel on this season. IMO, there is no doubt that Fiala could be a huge difference maker on many teams- I still can't believe that we are going to let him go. Talents like that don't come along often.

What've we had on MN of equal or better offensive talent;
- Gaborik
- Kaprizov

- Zucc(arguable...having a great season, but more of a complimentary player, and there is the age thing. Long term you take Fiala 10 times out of 10)

Guys like Ralston, Parise, Staal and Koivu had at least one really good season, but only the latter spent the bulk of his career here, and his value was more of a two way guy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't know if they even have to, for most teams, as the prorated salary is probably only something like 1m. I am sure that they would do it, if they had the right deal, but I REALLY doubt that Guerin (or Leipold)is ready to throw in the towel on this season. IMO, there is no doubt that Fiala could be a huge difference maker on many teams- I still can't believe that we are going to let him go. Talents like that don't come along often.

What've we had on MN of equal or better offensive talent;
- Gaborik
- Kaprizov

- Zucc(arguable...having a great season, but more of a complimentary player, and there is the age thing. Long term you take Fiala 10 times out of 10)

Guys like Ralston, Parise, Staal and Koivu had at least one really good season, but only the latter spent the bulk of his career here, and his value was more of a two way guy.

Lots of teams are really cap tight, so that extra savings will be needed. I think it would be a given that half would be retained on him. MN has plenty of cap space to absorb that hit. I don't think he'll be traded this season, but gone at the draft. It's more of a random thought than something realistic happening.

I don't think GMBG ever intended to re-sign him after last offseason, and he'll stick to that decision. He'll use the same buzzwords about team culture, building for the future, etc. that we've heard since he took over the team after the trade happens.

Reactions: 57special

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
If a pro scout comes into a meeting suggesting you add Deslauriers, you damn well better be firing him that day.

This isn’t Chris Simon bad, but it trends that way.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
And they did it. For a 3rd in 2023 no less.

Mind numbing decisions making their bottom six significantly slower and worst with Yost and Deslauriers additions.

Reactions: keppel146
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad