Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
If we can snag Fleury for anything like Mcbain+2nd+Talbot I’m gonna be stoked. That’s a great way to solidify this year and be able to re-sign Fiala.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Now the question is do they use one of the excess 2nd rounders on a defender or Fleury.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's funny when people talk about 5v5 stats for the defense is they use xGA (2nd) not GA (19th). Yet when they talk about the offence it is the GF (2nd), not xGF (15th) used.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Why on earth would the Wild want Fleury? I wouldn't trust a 37 yr old goalie in the playoffs, and looking at the stats he's not better than Talbot. Makes zero sense to me.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I believe that is his point, the expected vs actual heavily indicates that goaltending has been more of the issue.
It seemed like he was pointing out that because we’re 19th in GA that our defense isn’t one of the best

Why on earth would the Wild want Fleury? I wouldn't trust a 37 yr old goalie in the playoffs, and looking at the stats he's not better than Talbot. Makes zero sense to me.
Why would they want a 34 year old forward?

MAF, when on, can steal games and series. That’s why.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
MAF, when on, can steal games and series. That’s why.

Well he's mostly off these days, and whining about everything.

But I do see a plan if they send Talbot the other way, getting rid of his cap hit next season. Fleury is UFA so they can let him go or sign him a yr cheap. So then Kahkonen no.1 next season and maybe a backup from the minors? Those buyout years will suck..

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Someone is worried that MAF will come to the team and become Kap's new BFF.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
These rumors of Kane and the Avs is making me sick. I don't like the Hawks, but I hate the Avs with every fiber of my being. Adding Kane would be.....no words.

Reactions: fgobuzz

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
sorry Iam unfamiliar with xGA
xGA is an advanced stat that measures quality of shots against to determine if the goaltender(s) is making the saves he should.

This stat is showing our defense is limiting high danger shots very well, but our goaltenders are letting in far more goals than they should based on quality of shots against.

We have a good defense, terrible goaltending. Resulting in more goals against than we should have based on our defense.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Of course ESPN+ having difficulties and not streaming TradeCentre…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad