Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
The fact they said “leave” vs “personal leave” is telling. How hard would it be to start the show saying odog is a on a leave please respect his privacy ?
Does that ever work in this age of online trolls? :laugh:

Look we’re all curious, but frankly we’re not entitled to know anything. Just have to live with it.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Yea, only thing that makes sense is a personal issue. If he was fired we'd know by now, if he was suspended they would know that at some point they'd have to explain his absence so why not let us know by now? I'm guessing Odog asked them not to talk about it until the personal issue is resolved and he's back on the show.
Oh no, he offended somebody! Cancel him!

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
To me that sounds like someone who is battling personal demons and is not in a good place right now. If it were health related I think the message would have been a bit more forthcoming.

Not a fan of the show, but he's still human, and wish him all the best. This is the high time with the Leafs finally in the 2nd round again, and he's nowhere to be heard to enjoy it. Sucks.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I have a feeling it has to do with his comments on how cheap Rogers/Bell is on not flying Bowen and his partner into Tampa for road games. They had to call the games from the studio… and he’s totally right. It’s just too bad he’s going to get cancelled for telling the truth

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I have a feeling it has to do with his comments on how cheap Rogers/Bell is on not flying Bowen and his partner into Tampa for road games. They had to call the games from the studio… and he’s totally right. It’s just too bad he’s going to get cancelled for telling the truth
That would make perfect sense, and I do remember him saying that now that you say it.

I doubt TSN would take that lightly especially when it was said live on air. Others suspect a behind the scenes blow up... I feel that is a regular occurrence with him.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Glad O is back. For all the curmudgeon bit he puts on about stop and chats (and you know what? I get that. Like, dude just wants to go get his groceries, he doesn't need to be asked about Liljegren or Holl in the 6th spot in the dairy aisle) you could tell it meant a lot to him that so many people reached out and asked after him.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
anyone else cringe hearing carlo talk? lol. Always makes it sound like he has some amazing point or speech to come, only to stroke out and fumble words

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad