Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Well I don’t think he got fired because they used his name in the intro coming back from commercial break.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
IIRC, when he wasn't on Thursday's show I think there was a joke or two from Noodles and Hayes, but nothing since. Something is up, obviously, he's one of TSN's main panelists and he's been MIA since Wednesday of last week. Hard not to speculate, if he'd been suspended for something, part of me doubts TSN let that just linger unmentioned through the weekend and let someone else sniff around and break the news. Hope all is right health/family wise of course too.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
IIRC, when he wasn't on Thursday's show I think there was a joke or two from Noodles and Hayes, but nothing since. Something is up, obviously, he's one of TSN's main panelists and he's been MIA since Wednesday of last week. Hard not to speculate, if he'd been suspended for something, part of me doubts TSN let that just linger unmentioned through the weekend and let someone else sniff around and break the news. Hope all is right health/family wise of course too.
They are pretending he doesn’t even exists on the show though, that’s what’s so strange.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
They are pretending he doesn’t even exists on the show though, that’s what’s so strange.

Yeah, I noticed Hayes didn't even note that Frankie was in for O'Neill today. Who knows. I was just spitballing that it's odd they'd (presumably) suspend him last week and risk not being able to control the news by letting it drag out this long.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah I remember when TSN suspended Aaron Ward it was announced, but that was kinda public with the allegations.

Last edited:

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Possible its a serious family issue that he has requested the cone of silence on until such time as he is willing to discuss it. Sometime when celebs go into rehab (tho I'm not saying thats what is happening this time) their colleagues or co-hosts will refrain from commenting on their absence until a more appropriate time.

Reactions: Roadhog

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Possible its a serious family issue that he has requested the cone of silence on until such time as he is willing to discuss it.

Entirely possible. He's still getting mentioned off the top in the bumper. I can't imagine they're doing that all afternoon then announcing he's gone.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Possible its a serious family issue that he has requested the cone of silence on until such time as he is willing to discuss it.
Yea, only thing that makes sense is a personal issue. If he was fired we'd know by now, if he was suspended they would know that at some point they'd have to explain his absence so why not let us know by now? I'm guessing Odog asked them not to talk about it until the personal issue is resolved and he's back on the show.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
From Reddit, grain of salt obviously:

So I know a couple people that work at TSN and this is what I’ve heard. Just want to state it’s all rumours and gossip so take it all with a grain of salt

Apparently he got super pissed one day waiting to record a panel hit and threw a temper tantrum. Did radio the next day, then hasn't been on anything since then. So either he said something so over the line he's just not allowed on air right now, or he's going through some shit that made him snap and is taking time to get right

Reactions: wingman75

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Yea, only thing that makes sense is a personal issue. If he was fired we'd know by now, if he was suspended they would know that at some point they'd have to explain his absence so why not let us know by now? I'm guessing Odog asked them not to talk about it until the personal issue is resolved and he's back on the show.
He’s been liking stuff on Twitter , I don’t know what’s going on!

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I watched a lot of this series on the American broadcast and it was so much better than watching the Sportsnet feed. It feels like Sportsnet either hates the Leafs or they don't want to seem like they favour the Leafs too much so they go too far in the other direction. It's annoying as a Leafs fan to watch.

The American broadcast showed the Leafs the way you as a fan want to see them. They made the Leafs look the way Sportsnet makes all of the Leafs playoff opponents look - like a great team

Also I find it crazy that the commentators doing these Leafs games don't like the Leafs. Does any other fanbase have to deal with that?

Yes the Bruin fans have to put up with Jack Edwards and his hate of their team

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
He updated his Twitter bio to email his agent for appearances. There is probably a contract dispute. I remember o dog talked about his past where a player made more than him and he was upset. Wouldn’t surprise me if he found out how much others makes and wants to be paid accordingly.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I'd say he's up there. Co-hosts the radio network's core show - which is broadcast nationally on television - does SC hits and is on the main panel for NHL coverage, deadline day, and free agent frenzy.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
TSN deciding to go the Colorado Avalanche PR route. By refusing to comment on anything they’re generating more mystery and buzz about what could have happened.

Ignoring a problem doesn’t work in the age of social media.

Reactions: ihadtochangethename

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad