Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
possibly the biggest game this franchise has had in the last 20 years and they’re going to put it on 680 News? That’s weird

What could possibly be more important for the fan 590 or TSN 1050 than Game 7 ?
I'm guessing game seven is designated as a rogers game but 590 is contractually committed to the jays.

Reactions: stats1

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Sportsnet panel has typically been anti-Leafs in their effort to appear unbiased. The intermission is a worthless watch but that doesn’t mean it’s ignored by the broader hockey world. It’s why I take umbrage with their recent characterization of Knies as an embellisher. Knies took a high stick to the neck in Game 5 but the Sportsnet panel acted like it was a blatant sell job and said that he doesn’t want a reputation as a diver.

Admittedly the camera angle is pretty inconclusive but a close inspection would have one leaning towards the stick hitting Knies in the neck.

Since video they saw was unclear they should refrain from slandering a young player as a diver when his career has barely started. We already have enough issue with the f***ing zebras, we don’t need the media giving officiating a reason to not call penalties on him.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Odog hasn’t been on Overdrive the last few days with zero mention as to why. Anyone know what’s going on ?
Noticed this as well. I assumed he had some regular days off though I think he was absent from the TSN panel on Thursday as well... maybe it is something.

I like Frankie when he fills in.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
If he's not there Monday then I think something more serious is going on with Odog. Like work contract holdout, private personal incident, got fired

Like he's taking voluntary off days during the Leafs playoffs? It's probably the highest rated week of the year.

Usually when one of them goes on vacation the other 2 chirp him or if something big happens.... like a 4-1 playoff comeback..... while they're gone they call in.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If he's not there Monday then I think something more serious is going on with Odog. Like work contract holdout, private personal incident, got fired

Like he's taking voluntary off days during the Leafs playoffs? It's probably the highest rated week of the year.

Usually when one of them goes on vacation the other 2 chirp him or if something big happens.... like a 4-1 playoff comeback..... while they're gone they call in.
He hasn’t tweeted in 6 days.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
I watched a lot of this series on the American broadcast and it was so much better than watching the Sportsnet feed. It feels like Sportsnet either hates the Leafs or they don't want to seem like they favour the Leafs too much so they go too far in the other direction. It's annoying as a Leafs fan to watch.

The American broadcast showed the Leafs the way you as a fan want to see them. They made the Leafs look the way Sportsnet makes all of the Leafs playoff opponents look - like a great team

Also I find it crazy that the commentators doing these Leafs games don't like the Leafs. Does any other fanbase have to deal with that?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Check marks don’t exist for verification anymore but this guy is followed by a lot of reputable people. If O-Dog isn’t on today of all days then something is seriously wrong.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
They have to address it today if he's not there, too many people have noticed and are asking. Hayes doing the Sportscenter hits that ODog would normally do is also a sign he gone.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Watch it be a contract dispute. What is a perfect time to say give me a raise?
He’s mentioned he had 1 year left on his deal, at first I thought it was personal reason. Sounds like he’s been either fired or suspended.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
its still says odog on the header when u go to listen to the live radio feed, so i really doubt he was fired

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
His pic is still up on the Overdrive page on the TSN site too, but I imagine they wouldn't change anything public until it was officially announced. By now they know the Internet is crawling with amateur detectives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad