Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dubas has never been dishonest though? He’s been misquoted a bunch this deadline. So are we talking perceived dishonesty based on their misrepresentation of his comments to the media? because that’s even worse on Seravallis behalf lol

I’ve honestly never liked him
Oh for sure. It's not even dshonest. Dubas just does a good job hiding his intentions, but Frank seemed pretty upset that Dubas didn't give away what he was actually thinking. Dubas doesn't owe the media anything.
It was simple as
Dubas "we aren't interested in trading Knies or a first for a rental.
Trades for a rental involving first round pick
Frank "he lied".
A lot of us knew not to believe Dubas during that interview except for Frank.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Oh for sure. It's not even dshonest. Dubas just does a good job hiding his intentions, but Frank seemed pretty upset that Dubas didn't give away what he was actually thinking. Dubas doesn't owe the media anything.
It was simple as
Frank "he lied".

There's a big difference between saying "I don't want to" and "I will not".

Dubas was pretty clear that he didn't want to trade the first, but as far as I remember, he never said he wouldn't do it.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
It was simple as
Frank "he lied".

If Seravalli is miffed and feels betrayed by Dubas, he's either the biggest idiot covering hockey or niave child. Like an GM wants to telegraph their actual intentions or how much they're willing to pay in any impending trade. Surely he knows every GM needs to play poker. If he's hating on the Leafs because of this, means he is just another jealous media type. His call on Nylander's amazing OT winner is right out of a hater's mouth. That's HFboards level stupidity.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Are people not allowed to criticize the leafs?
Everyone is always out to get the Leafs, the insecurity around here is remarkable at times. :laugh:

I always thought he got away with a bit of a hook there. Borderline for sure but we've seen those called.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Kypreos is obsessed with the idea of the Leafs trading Knies. It’s like he’s sad the Leafs haven’t needed to deal their best prospect.
Teams rarely ever deal their best prospect. I don't get why so many pepe expect a team to move their best prospect/receive. Just look at trade histories, it's not difficult to see lol.

Reactions: WillNy29

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'd say Frank likes likes. He is just pandering to the nation of Leafs haters out there. Say anything negative and you get a new follower and tons of likes. Truth or relevancy play no part. I always thought he was a bit of a pompous douche. He has done nothing to change my mind.
Hell, the NHL probably tosses anyone who bashes the Leafs in media a bonus...

Reactions: wingman75

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Epic chirp on Odog too......

Ray: O what kind of golf clubs do you use?
O dog : Hayes B and myself only use TaylorMade
Ray: What do you have at this moment?
Hayes: None
O dog: Only Taylor..... oh oh oh yes
Hayes: hahahahahahaha
Lol,
Ya someone stole his clubs from his car.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
When I was younger, I stole cable from Rogers.

Cable was expensive. Hockey is vital for life. So I did what every other teenage kid living in his parents basement did - I spliced the line.

I always wondered what they could do to get me back.

They BOUGHT the team.

These corporate elitist stuffed shirts with their hoity-toity holier than thou attitudes don't care two figs about the team itself. They're only interested in making money. Leafs sells and we're buying. Whether the team wins or not is of no concern so long as the viewership numbers are good.

Content is content.

Since Dubas took over the team has stagnated. The prospects are worse and draft cupboard bare. They STILL haven't won a playoff round. Six straight years these chokers have gone out in the first round.

It doesn't even sound real.

Like it's stranger than fiction. If someone told you six years ago the team would be in this situation right now you would think they were making it up. Yet it actually really happened.

And I KNOW it's payback for stealing cable when I was a kid.

Stealing cable was wrong.

Stealing money selling hopes and dreams to a desperate fan base is even moreso.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Lol,
Ya someone stole his clubs from his car.

I thought his truck itself was stolen, and the clubs were in it.

When I was younger, I stole cable from Rogers.

Cable was expensive. Hockey is vital for life. So I did what every other teenage kid living in his parents basement did - I spliced the line.

I always wondered what they could do to get me back.

They BOUGHT the team.

These corporate elitist stuffed shirts with their hoity-toity holier than thou attitudes don't care two figs about the team itself. They're only interested in making money. Leafs sells and we're buying. Whether the team wins or not is of no concern so long as the viewership numbers are good.

Content is content.

Since Dubas took over the team has stagnated. The prospects are worse and draft cupboard bare. They STILL haven't won a playoff round. Six straight years these chokers have gone out in the first round.

It doesn't even sound real.

Like it's stranger than fiction. If someone told you six years ago the team would be in this situation right now you would think they were making it up. Yet it actually really happened.

And I KNOW it's payback for stealing cable when I was a kid.

Stealing cable was wrong.

Stealing money selling hopes and dreams to a desperate fan base is even moreso.

Um, they'd make even more money if the Leafs went on a serious run or won the Cup.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
@colchar

To be honest, it's not as much as you might think.

Compare Raptors and Jays salaries and income to the Leafs.

They dwarf the Leafs.

I hate to say it, but hockey just isn't a very popular sport outside Canada and Russian and a few other cold European countries.

Sure, a couple more playoffs games might add a few million to the deep pockets of Rogers & Bell.

But that's chump change compared to the other major sports.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Can anyone explain to me what happened to Ken Reid and Evanka Osmak on Sportsnet? I was used to seeing them all the time as part of my routine and I not a fan of their replacements. Did they like get demoted to just doing brief after game segments? Did Ken Reid's humour rub a higher up the wrong way? He could be an annoying Jay Onrait clone sometimes but he grew on me and I liked them as the regular Sportsnet Connected hosts. Just curious if this is a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad