Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
That's rich coming from Bourne. He is basically a Kypreos yes man from the few times I've heard them.
Agreed Bourne comes off as incredibly smug for a guy who was a career ECHLER, he talks as if he was a 20 year vet in the NHL.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

I lost all respect for Sundin when he claimed he could never envision himself putting on another jersey when the Leafs wanted him to waive his no trade move, he finishes the season in Toronto. 40 games into the next season , Sundin signs with the Canucks. Sundin did not feel he owed the Leafs anything, what a selfish POS, in the end he felt the Leafs owed him an early visit to his Muskoka mansion vs giving the Leafs assets to rebuild.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I lost all respect for Sundin when he claimed he could never envision himself putting on another jersey when the Leafs wanted him to waive his no trade move, he finishes the season in Toronto. 40 games into the next season , Sundin signs with the Canucks. Sundin did not feel he owed the Leafs anything, what a selfish POS, in the end he felt the Leafs owed him an early visit to his Muskoka mansion vs giving the Leafs assets to rebuild.
You probably would feel different if you understood what happened because what you just posted wasn't it.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

Ask how Blackhawks fans feel about Patrick Kane this year. Especially after watching him in that Leaf game.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Whats wrong with Frank. From criticizing the ROR trade, to now saying if Nylander's goal was a penalty, almost as if he decided to become a Leafs critic.

Frank Seravalli is an American sports reporter who is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

In my opinion, he is most likely a fan of the Philadelphia Flyers and a real avid hater of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Frank Seravalli is an American sports reporter who is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

In my opinion, he is most likely a fan of the Philadelphia Flyers and a real avid hater of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Could be but he was never this against the Leafs. Now since the ROR trade and pretty much accusing Dubas of lying, he's been anti Leafs.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

I'd say Frank likes likes. He is just pandering to the nation of Leafs haters out there. Say anything negative and you get a new follower and tons of likes. Truth or relevancy play no part. I always thought he was a bit of a pompous douche. He has done nothing to change my mind.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I stopped the vid several times and looks like the Minnesota player whiffed on the puck...His stick is going 'over' the puck just as he's looking up to make a play. Willie may or may not have hooked him but there's no evidence of his stick in the frame at that time... Either way, it was a beautiful goal.

Reactions: ACC1224
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Does anyone else think Cabbie is pretty bad at his job?

It feels like he just comes on the broadcast and wings it every time. He can’t say what he wants to say without having to correct himself and I swear he gets the names of his own coworkers wrong all the time.

Not sure if hes cut out for live TV. Seems to be fine at prerecorded stuff.

Reactions: the squared circle

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Does anyone else think Cabbie is pretty bad at his job?

It feels like he just comes on the broadcast and wings it every time. He can’t say what he wants to say without having to correct himself and I swear he gets the names of his own coworkers wrong all the time.

Not sure if hes cut out for live TV. Seems to be fine at prerecorded stuff.
Cabbie makes me sad everytime I see him on my TV now. From where he came from with Cabbie on the street stuff to now where he is a complete corporate sellout essentially his only job being shilling sports betting is just sad to see.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Cabbie makes me sad everytime I see him on my TV now. From where he came from with Cabbie on the street stuff to now where he is a complete corporate sellout essentially his only job being shilling sports betting is just sad to see.
I could have sworn when I was a kid he was always hosting the SC Top 10s or the entertainment shows that TSN had and they were great.

Not sure what happened but I cringe anytime he is on my TV now. I guess it probably doesn’t help that it is purely gambling purposes.

TSN seems to mix in the gambling coverage a bit better than SN imo

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I could have sworn when I was a kid he was always hosting the SC Top 10s or the entertainment shows that TSN had and they were great.

Not sure what happened but I cringe anytime he is on my TV now. I guess it probably doesn’t help that it is purely gambling purposes.

TSN seems to mix in the gambling coverage a bit better than SN imo
He came up on the Score actually. Did street segments and a lot of light hearted interviews with mostly NHL and NBA players. Probably most notably he seemed to have a great relationship with Kobe. He could still be doing something similar but he has sold out. Is what it is I guess lol

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Whats wrong with Frank. From criticizing the ROR trade, to now saying if Nylander's goal was a penalty, almost as if he decided to become a Leafs critic.

Theres no microscope made yet that could see hooking on that play. Willy disrupted him enough to cause him to overstate the puck.

Reactions: OddyOh

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He came up on the Score actually. Did street segments and a lot of light hearted interviews with mostly NHL and NBA players. Probably most notably he seemed to have a great relationship with Kobe. He could still be doing something similar but he has sold out. Is what it is I guess lol
Suits seem to always win over talent.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
You completely missed the point. He started being anti Leafs because Dubas was dishonest towards the media, and now he in desperation thinks Nylander's goal was a penalty.
He's literally the only media person whose acting this way.
Maybe I’ve missed other stuff but is this Nylander thing the only thing he’s been negative about? If he thinks that could have been a penalty oh well that’s just his opinion.

I just feel a lot of people on the board get upset with sports media. This thread is always bashing sports media over not liking what they have to say about leafs. The few they like will one day say something bad about the leafs and they will start hating them.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Maybe I’ve missed other stuff but is this Nylander thing the only thing he’s been negative about? If he thinks that could have been a penalty oh well that’s just his opinion.

I just feel a lot of people on the board get upset with sports media. This thread is always bashing sports media over not liking what they have to say about leafs. The few they like will one day say something bad about the leafs and they will start hating them.
He was criticizing the ROR trade, and if you read between the lines it's because he's upset Dubas lied to the media, or he didn't break the trade. If Frank believed what Dubas was saying, thats on himself not Dubas.
A lot of people criticize the media because a lot of them lack basic knowledge or have false narratives against the Leafs. A lot of the criticism is well earned by the media. It's not as simple as you think. Fans are right to be upset when the media is over the top negative.
Some are good. Bob was amazing because he wouldn't form a narrative against the team. He would be objective.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
You completely missed the point. He started being anti Leafs because Dubas was dishonest towards the media, and now he in desperation thinks Nylander's goal was a penalty.
He's literally the only media person whose acting this way.

Dubas has never been dishonest though? He’s been misquoted a bunch this deadline. So are we talking perceived dishonesty based on their misrepresentation of his comments to the media? because that’s even worse on Seravallis behalf lol

I’ve honestly never liked him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad