Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
It's sports radio, and entertainment, and the Overdrive guys bounce well off each other so it doesn't really matter a ton, but boy is Noodles out of his depth on anything other than hockey. ODog at least clearly makes an effort to watch/understand the nuances of how things work on, and off, the field in things other than hockey.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
It's sports radio, and entertainment, and the Overdrive guys bounce well off each other so it doesn't really matter a ton, but boy is Noodles out of his depth on anything other than hockey. ODog at least clearly makes an effort to watch/understand the nuances of how things work on, and off, the field in things other than hockey.

Been saying that for years. Noodles contributes nothing if the topic isn't hockey.

Reactions: stickty111

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
not sure where to put this but this may be the right place as its toronto sports media

no hockey so was just killing time on YouTube and this popped up. Holy hell man. Sid is the biggest JOKE in all of sports media in Canada. He is an embarassment.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
not sure where to put this but this may be the right place as its toronto sports media

no hockey so was just killing time on YouTube and this popped up. Holy hell man. Sid is the biggest JOKE in all of sports media in Canada. He is an embarassment.

Sid is the reason I stopped watching Tim and Sid, he's an obnoxious blowhard moron. What makes it worse is he criticized Stephen A Smith for doing the same thing. I've always wondered if he voluntarily left Tim and Sid or if he was encouraged to leave.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Sid truly is embarrassing. Couldn't stand him on Tim and Sid, and because of him and his antics only, I never listened to their show, after a few attempts. He is simply one 'hot take' after another. I do check on him on Twitter once in a while, only for a laugh (laughing at him, not with him) and for the comments that completely roast him.
He was hilariously mocked all over social media for his Provorov ranting - whether you agreed with him or not. His rant was ridiculed all over the US.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Neither is whoever that woman on the 590 morning show, God it's so bad
Ailish has improved as has the show and while i don't really enjoy either morning show much i do find myself tuning into 590 more and more compared to the crap on 1050 , how long can you listen to the idiot spew Coco this or Coco that .

Julie T and Leafs Lunch is just as brutal as it was their first day , enough with the giggling , she sounds like a young teen giggling about some cute kid in class . Al's bro has some knowledge but i don't find he has much personality .

Reactions: Nineteen67

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Ailish has improved as has the show and while i don't really enjoy either morning show much i do find myself tuning into 590 more and more compared to the crap on 1050 , how long can you listen to the idiot spew Coco this or Coco that .

Julie T and Leafs Lunch is just as brutal as it was their first day , enough with the giggling , she sounds like a young teen giggling about some cute kid in class . Al's bro has some knowledge but i don't find he has much personality .
For such a large sports market our sports radio is really bad, next to overdrive there really is nothing

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
For such a large sports market our sports radio is really bad, next to overdrive there really is nothing
I agree , it's seems like most of the recent hires especially Leafs Lunch were based on who would work for the lowest salary .

Reactions: Nineteen67

BTP

Apr 28, 2013

LIVE now. Bourne had a hot mic on the show with Kyper.

They interviewed Dave Nonis , and during the commercial:

Kyper: Nonis was ok
Bourne: I disagree. Can we get a f***ing opinion?

The chat is cracking me up. lol. Camera was left rolling too

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

LIVE now. Bourne had a hot mic on the show with Kyper.

They interviewed Dave Nonis , and during the commercial:

Kyper: Nonis was ok
Bourne: I disagree. Can we get a f***ing opinion?

The chat is cracking me up. lol. Camera was left rolling too

By Nonis was okay, did he mean he was okay as GM? Or was he talking about the chat?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

I think that has to do more with podcasting being more profitable. Why go work for TSN or Sportsnet when you can create your own podcast and monetize that through a Spotify deal or advertising dollars. Working for the networks suck unfortunately. It’s more lucrative to just start your own podcast if you have a decent following.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
By Nonis was okay, did he mean he was okay as GM? Or was he talking about the chat?
He meant he was ok as an interview, he was giving non-answers.

Bourne basically said he was a bad guest and it would be nice to get "a f***ing opinion" over a hot mic lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad