Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
might not be helping them, but its helping me ive been buying more lately for some reason, getting a lot of Vitamin B, D, and a good source of Calcium! its a win win!

It is so ironic that you posted a StoneCold meme.
Maybe all these kids growing up watching the Attitude Era with StoneCold giving the finger to Vince is the seed that gave all these kids the idea that they are better than the one in charge, lol.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Remember these grifters/rabble rousers want you to PAY a subscription to read this crap.

I told mirtle off so he blocked me on twitter. i am not even going to spend a penny on mirtle and his shit babblings.

mirtle and his gang on purpose lied about stats and supported dubas to further their business.

hell when inflation wasn't as high even then i wasn't paying mirtle's shit stories; i wonder with cost of living as high now if others are still paying for this crapshoot

might not be helping them, but its helping me ive been buying more lately for some reason, getting a lot of Vitamin B, D, and a good source of Calcium! its a win win!

man this was a great segment stone cold vs booker T. haven't watched wwe in a decade now.

• Love
Reactions: Cleetus

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It is so ironic that you posted a StoneCold meme.
Maybe all these kids growing up watching the Attitude Era with StoneCold giving the finger to Vince is the seed that gave all these kids the idea that they are better than the one in charge, lol.

nah man...

marner and gang probably grew up watching cena and the PG era BS

if they had grown up watching the attitude era there would play balls to wall every freakin' game

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
nah man...

if they had grown up watching the attitude era there would play balls to wall every freakin' game
I will say this I am so very thankful I grew up watching that era of wrestling, I loved every aspect of the Attitude Era, and the Monday night wars against WCW!

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
nah man...

1667271945064.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Holding the player responsible for his boneheaded play is apparently "backfire" worthy.... WTF?

Awww Jonas is upset the big meanie coach - listen to The Leafs Report for further verification.

One can only assume that neither of those two watch hockey on a regular basis and certainly didn’t watch the playoffs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
TSN should make the right choice and remove one of Jeff or Jamie for Jonas. Yesterday's show even despite all the negativity around the Leafs was very good. I didn't miss Jamie at all. Hayes and Jonas also have really good chemistry.

Reactions: garce

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
TSN should make the right choice and remove one of Jeff or Jamie for Jonas. Yesterday's show even despite all the negativity around the Leafs was very good. I didn't miss Jamie at all. Hayes and Jonas also have really good chemistry.
That’s bc Jonas actually knows what to say and is not bias like Noodles.
I find Jeff to act as the goofball on Overdrive and he is like a completely different person when is on the Panel with others during the games.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Watching noodles on the Sens broadcasts is watching a totally different person. Not a hint of criticism towards towards the home team. That’s kind of expected (though no one at TSN hesitates to critique the leafs on their regional broadcasts).
Overdrive Jamie seems to pride himself of telling it like it is and cutting through the Leaf hype.
Tonite the Sens D has been absolutey awful and not just Zaitsev, yet no mention of anything bad as he does analysis of the Sens 3-1 first period deficit, bouquets for everyone as he prattles on,

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Watching noodles on the Sens broadcasts is watching a totally different person. Not a hint of criticism towards towards the home team. That’s kind of expected (though no one at TSN hesitates to critique the leafs on their regional broadcasts).
Overdrive Jamie seems to pride himself of telling it like it is and cutting through the Leaf hype.
Tonite the Sens D has been absolutey awful and not just Zaitsev, yet no mention of anything bad as he does analysis of the Sens 3-1 first period deficit, bouquets for everyone as he prattles on,
Have you heard him on Ottawa radio?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Jonas doesn’t watch or at least have a basic understand of hockey so he can’t really critique the Leafs or the NHL, which is absolutely required in the TO market.

KitchenSink

Dec 3, 2018
Awww Jonas is upset the big meanie coach - listen to The Leafs Report for further verification.

One can only assume that neither of those two watch hockey on a regular basis and certainly didn’t watch the playoffs.

Lol what a take. A paid leafs beat reporter who exclusively writes about the leafs doesn't watch the games and didn't watch the playoffs? And I'm not even a fan of Jonas. This article reeked of softness and him failing to ever critisize Marner or Dubas.

I don't know if he writes these articles to try and maintain his relationship with the players and management or he actually believes this stuff.

Mirtle on the other hand I actually think does good work analyzing the cap and contract projections and stuff like that. He is usually really measured in his takes and tries to not fall into the hysteria. But in the podcast where the 2 discussed this article topic it was refreshing to hear Mirtle strongly disagreed with Jonas here and actually admitted that just about every move Dubas made this offseason has not worked out.

Reactions: Apex Predator

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
nah man...

You are gonna LOL and i must admit i did at time .. but mitch and D used to ask for Sponge Bob Square pants non stop in back seats on my video screens in Caddy SUV on long rides to tourneys and LOL to it for hours .. and now its call of duty modern war at crazy hours of night .. at some point these kids are gonna have to grow up you would think

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
They try their hardest not to be the "homers" which was and continues to be a chronic complaint around the rest of Canada that both TSN and SN were nothing but "Leaf casts!" However those same people weren't able to acknowledge that the viewer and listenership is concentrated in the Golden Horseshoe which happens to be largely Leaf-centric. The advertising dollars are always going to dictate what comes over the airwaves, and if a 1 minute block only has 2000 listeners and 800 viewers when "talkin Oilers" is on and the same 1 minute block has a 12,000/6,000 split when talkin Leafs is happening, guess where most of the money goes?

It's not rocket science, but the truth is that networks are afraid of labels and so tone down the positive Leafiness in their broadcasts and do a little more of negative Leafiness. Now the other part of the equation is when the Leafs are crappin the bed and the local Leafs media tells the truth and reports accurately, LeaFlanders treat it like a Justin Holl turnover, in that they lose their collective minds and immediately bring out the "Leaf Hater" badges for those media people who would dare stray from the fold.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
They try their hardest not to be the "homers" which was and continues to be a chronic complaint around the rest of Canada that both TSN and SN were nothing but "Leaf casts!" However those same people weren't able to acknowledge that the viewer and listenership is concentrated in the Golden Horseshoe which happens to be largely Leaf-centric. The advertising dollars are always going to dictate what comes over the airwaves, and if a 1 minute block only has 2000 listeners and 800 viewers when "talkin Oilers" is on and the same 1 minute block has a 12,000/6,000 split when talkin Leafs is happening, guess where most of the money goes?

It's not rocket science, but the truth is that networks are afraid of labels and so tone down the positive Leafiness in their broadcasts and do a little more of negative Leafiness. Now the other part of the equation is when the Leafs are crappin the bed and the local Leafs media tells the truth and reports accurately, LeaFlanders treat it like a Justin Holl turnover, in that they lose their collective minds and immediately bring out the "Leaf Hater" badges for those media people who would dare stray from the fold.
I agree 100% .. For past 3 years i had to listen to all da tsn and sportsnet BS because of covid .. now that i just work and go to hockey games again i have tuned out those stations again and life is so much better .. leafs pr feeds da media types what they want broadcasted for public consumption

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad