Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well get ready in about a month when the World Cup starts.

It's the biggest event in the World, bigger than the Super Bowl and Summer Olympics

They could move the Argos to Iqaluit and no one in Toronto would care.
Shoot, I’ll miss another World Cup.

Fortunately Overdrive, NHL networks won’t be talking much about itand NFL, College and High School football will dominate my local sporting scene.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
The stupidest thing the CFL ever did was to move from terrestrial television to a cable sports network. The CFL should be readily accessible on the CTV network instead of TSN to expose the product. Instead CTV freely broadcasts any number of NFL games every weekend and then wonder why Canadians are fast becoming fans of the NFL over the CFL.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
If I’m a player and Simmons asks me a question I’d say, “I’ll answer your question Steve but first answer me this, how does an unprofessional hack like yourself still have a job these days?”

Reactions: Roadhog and garce

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Just send him to TSN Edmonton Radio and be done with it. He doesn't know anything about hockey, and is a huge Oilers fan. He looks right at home when talking about Edmonton.

I would wager that he knows a damned sight more about hockey than you do.

They could move the Argos to Iqaluit and no one in Toronto would care.

Some of us would.

On another note, what did Steve 'The Hot Dog Guy Is My Only Source' Simmons do this time?

Reactions: Roadhog

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022

Some of us would.

On another note, what did Steve 'The Hot Dog Guy Is My Only Source' Simmons do this time?

What are you talking about? Everybody knows that most people on this forum would be legends on TV and radio. They just haven't been discovered yet, man.

giphy.gif

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What are you talking about? Everybody knows that most people on this forum would be legends on TV and radio. They just haven't been discovered yet, man.

giphy.gif
I wonder what poster(s) people think of when seeing that?? :laugh::laugh:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Looks like a fat balding over 50's going off on Dubas from behind a computer, so take your pick.

Reactions: thinkblue

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
That’s the good thing about OD, they are NHL centric and there’s only a couple basketball segments per week that I have to turn off.
Basketball is a good sport, you should give it another chance. Admittedly its my #4 of the big 4 but still..... loved playing pickup in grade school.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
The OD guys couldn't figure out why Josi finished higher than Makar in Hart Trophy voting, like seriously??? Maybe because Makar played on an incredibly stacked team?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Basketball is a good sport, you should give it another chance. Admittedly its my #4 of the big 4 but still..... loved playing pickup in grade school.
I go to the odd HS game, but that’s about it.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone watch the Overdrive Fantasy Draft yesterday? How do the goalies get points? They said Wins and SV%. How are they counting SV%..

I'll track it for them.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Did Hayes say something really inflammatory about the leafs in hour 1 today? Him and Odog said that they probably wouldn't be welcome in the alumni box right now and hour 1 still hasn't been posted even though 2 and 3 are up.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Did Hayes say something really inflammatory about the leafs in hour 1 today? Him and Odog said that they probably wouldn't be welcome in the alumni box right now and hour 1 still hasn't been posted even though 2 and 3 are up.
I tend to avoid Overdrive after Leafs losses so not sure what was said

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Those are the best times to listen
I guess for entertainment but really IMO they are just being negative clowns. Like I get it on occasion but how about some positivity after wins? Literally after the Washington win, they talked about how the team is soft and whatever. Seriously guys? I thought the topic would be about Keefe talking about using a bullet after game 1, and that would be fine, but really soft in the bottom 6? Do these guys know who ZAR and NAK are? The opposite of soft. Good on MJ for shutting Hayes and Jeff down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad