Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Odog's reaction to Frankie Lasagna not liking Lasagna was amazing

LOL o Dog honest to God is one of the funniest guys on the radio. Yes he’s arrogant but he just brings the jokes. Even the way Hayes constantly brings up that he’s close with Darcy Tucker it just grinds O Dog’s gears hahaha.

I know people hate Noodles but he fits in with them. The show has been really good lately, but there’s just been so much content early on

Reactions: wingman75

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
LOL o Dog honest to God is one of the funniest guys on the radio. Yes he’s arrogant but he just brings the jokes. Even the way Hayes constantly brings up that he’s close with Darcy Tucker it just grinds O Dog’s gears hahaha.

I know people hate Noodles but he fits in with them. The show has been really good lately, but there’s just been so much content early on
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I should clarify, I think his reactions make him funny haha. A lot of other radio personalities in Toronto just plain suck. Some people don’t like O Dog, but I like him. He keeps it real and isn’t corporate which is nice.
From what it was a couple years ago to now, Toronto radio flat out sucks today. As soon as McCown was punted, things didn't just go downhil...they fell off a cliff. Completely unlistenable.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I should clarify, I think his reactions make him funny haha. A lot of other radio personalities in Toronto just plain suck. Some people don’t like O Dog, but I like him. He keeps it real and isn’t corporate which is nice.

Yeah - so nice to see a grown man act like a boy-king when a phone line gets dropped. King Joffrey is such a charming persona to take on. Entitled brat not nearly as funny and charming as he thinks he is

Reactions: Blowfish

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

I can't stand Noodles because he only pays attention to hockey, he knows absolutely nothing about every other sport and doesn't even seem to try, any conversation he tries to make a hockey analogy. At least Odog tries even if it isn't in depth.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
I can't stand Noodles because he only pays attention to hockey, he knows absolutely nothing about every other sport and doesn't even seem to try, any conversation he tries to make a hockey analogy. At least Odog tries even if it isn't in depth.
Man the guy was a pro hockey player, coached, works as a colour commentator, is a regular on a Leafs centric radio show. Sounds like he just really loves hockey and that's all the sports he needs. I wouldn't be too hard on the guy for that.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Man the guy was a pro hockey player, coached, works as a colour commentator, is a regular on a Leafs centric radio show. Sounds like he just really loves hockey and that's all the sports he needs. I wouldn't be too hard on the guy for that.

He's not hosting Leafs Lunch anymore.

It's the fact that they are talking about let's say baseball and his comment is.... that's like in hockey when you....

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That’s the good thing about OD, they are NHL centric and there’s only a couple basketball segments per week that I have to turn off.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kyper and Bourne returned this week. They're on opposite Leafs Lunch from 12-2 for this week, which I prefer to being on at the same time as OD, but will returned to 2 to 4, next week or shortly after the Jays season ends.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They still talk way too much about NFL and golf
Which I can take. I havent watched a second of golf in 30 yrs, but I got back watching NFL last year.
Anyone talks European sports or basketball I turn the channel.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
They still talk way too much about NFL and golf

They aren’t a hockey show lol, they used to be. But they are a sports show. They talk about all the major sports which is good. So I agree with those critiquing noodles. Though I think to start the year noodles has done a better job being prepared.

I’m personally an overall sports fan so I love that they touch on every sport. But I know that’s not for everyone

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He's not hosting Leafs Lunch anymore.

It's the fact that they are talking about let's say baseball and his comment is.... that's like in hockey when you....
Just send him to TSN Edmonton Radio and be done with it. He doesn't know anything about hockey, and is a huge Oilers fan. He looks right at home when talking about Edmonton.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
They aren’t a hockey show lol, they used to be. But they are a sports show. They talk about all the major sports which is good. So I agree with those critiquing noodles. Though I think to start the year noodles has done a better job being prepared.

I’m personally an overall sports fan so I love that they touch on every sport. But I know that’s not for everyone
I would like that too, but thet never discuss CFL football. I realize that Toronto have very few fans, but the rest of the county do.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would like that too, but thet never discuss CFL football. I realize that Toronto have very few fans, but the rest of the county do.
They have a cfl segment every now and then, but that’s a hard sell in an NFL market like Toronto.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

I think they try and bring Naylor on every now and then or Duthie talks about it sometimes. But like someone else said in this market it’s a tough sell, NFL is just way more popular in Toronto.

The one thing I do like is Overdrive does push Canadian content or story lines in the major sports. So often they try and interview Canadians playing in the NFL or Canadian golfers/NBA players. They do a really good job of that.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
When I flip through channels and stumble across OverDrive, I notice they are still broadcasting from their home offices. Any reason for that? I would have expected them to be back in studio by now.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
When I flip through channels and stumble across OverDrive, I notice they are still broadcasting from their home offices. Any reason for that? I would have expected them to be back in studio by now.
From what I have seen in the last month or so they are back in studio almost all the time now. They did milk the whole broadcast at home thing for all it was worth though.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
From what I have seen in the last month or so they are back in studio almost all the time now. They did milk the whole broadcast at home thing for all it was worth though.
From what I have seen, 2/3 times of the week they are in studio, other times at home

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
From what I have seen, 2/3 times of the week they are in studio, other times at home
Thanks. Guess it's a coincidence that the rare occasion I'm watching TV at that time and stumble across it, they are always broadcasting from home. :laugh:

Reactions: stickty111
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Is anyone aware of a way to have twitter set up where I can only see what I follow? I literally only want Leafs PR and a few insiders.

Now anytime I open twitter I see a bunch of garbage I don’t follow. I just do not care or want to see 95% of the stuff showing up

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Is anyone aware of a way to have twitter set up where I can only see what I follow? I literally only want Leafs PR and a few insiders.

Now anytime I open twitter I see a bunch of garbage I don’t follow. I just do not care or want to see 95% of the stuff showing up
Hit the little star at the top and switch to “latest tweets”

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Which I can take. I havent watched a second of golf in 30 yrs, but I got back watching NFL last year.
Anyone talks European sports or basketball I turn the channel.

Well get ready in about a month when the World Cup starts.

It's the biggest event in the World, bigger than the Super Bowl and Summer Olympics

They could move the Argos to Iqaluit and no one in Toronto would care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad