Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They use that term professionally? My bad. Lot of talk about that in Dubas' thread.

Tho lurking is an online term.
Technically he isn’t a lame duck, but he really is a lame duck - He has to win one round and be competitive in abother

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
lame duck is used every time for a coach / gm in his final year lol
Yup. I think some people are confusing this sage in sports with the usage in politics which is usually for politicians who were not re-elected but still have time to serve before the new government takes over.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
I'm not surprised so many of you consume traditional media give how bad the takes are on this forum.

Leafs media for me is PPP, Steve Dangle Podcast Network, Ian Tulloch's work with the Leafs Geek podcast and now Everything Leafs.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I don’t know about anyone else, but I find this current iteration of Leafs Lunch unbearable to listen to.

It's been unbearable since the Overdrive guys left. I didn't think they could find a worse host then Petrillo but they did. Is it still Tocheri?

I remember the good ol' days of Leafs Lunch back on MOJO Radio 640 hosted by Jeff Marek and Bill Watters. Dreger hosted for a bit too I think on 640 as well, before TSN had their own station. Not sure how TSN got the rights to the name.

Last edited:

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
“If you don’t like what I like then your opinion is WRONG” lmao
Just saying there's been more than once in here I've read someone unironically say that Marleau was preferable to Tavares. And it got multiple likes.

That means somebody in here make a stupid take and multiple people went out of their way to express positive affirmation about it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
SDP gone down hill imo. Adam's ego has grown so much and they have such little knowledge on teams outside of the Leafs but they talk about them with such confidence. Not to mention all the garbage sports betting that theyre peddling now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I agree in the SDP. It is still in my podcast rotation but a skip if there is anything else lol.

Quality seems to have gone down and sometimes the content just isn’t what I want. I basically removed all social media to avoid a lot of the political type bs but they do bring it in more often then not.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Will Lou and Blake Murphy are the best on the FAN and it's not even close. Need a Blake equivalent for hockey.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Steve dangle podcast is not for me. They seem like good dudes, but they refuse to do any research. Show just feels very uninformed.

Spitting Chicklets will always be my go to during the NHL season. They get the best guests, the give their actual opinions and surprisingly the boys actually watch games and are knowledgeable about what’s happening league wide.

Overdrive to me though is still the best show, it’s the perfect mix of sports and funny water cooler talk. That’s what you want. I listen to overdrive on the way home from work and keep them on while I’m making dinner. Really the only show I’ll devote 3 hours to daily.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Spitting Chicklets will always be my go to during the NHL season. They get the best guests, the give their actual opinions and surprisingly the boys actually watch games and are knowledgeable about what’s happening league wide.

Overdrive to me though is still the best show, it’s the perfect mix of sports and funny water cooler talk. That’s what you want. I listen to overdrive on the way home from work and keep them on while I’m making dinner. Really the only show I’ll devote 3 hours to daily.

Odog's reaction to Frankie Lasagna not liking Lasagna was amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad