Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I'm not sure you understand why every settlement attached to an allegation of criminal injury contains an NDA.

There is a process for accusing someone of a wrong-doing and there is the same process for that person to defend themselves.

Settling a criminal complaint is wrong.

It does not grant you any closure on the matter, all it does is give one party a monetary sum, and it clears the other party of the wrong-doing.

The difference between a non-disclosure agreement and the document you affirm once you settle a case is that the settlement is a completely voluntary action on the plaintiff's side.

I understand the difficulties associated with reliving some of the worst moments in one's life - I've been through some of them myself - but in cases of criminal activity where you had the courage to commence an information against a person you feel aggrieved you, you owe it to yourself and to society as a whole to continue that information all the way through to its resolution.

Otherwise, there was no point in commencing action. You will have ended up clearing that person of wrong-doing (in your specific case) going forward without a proper chance at justice.

Also, all settlements contain some form of gag-order regarding the information pertained in the court filings and the settlement agreement. There is very good reasons for this ban on publication, and they are enforced rather judiciously so as to ensure the integrity of all parties involved.

If you were to file a civil suit against another person with some sort of information, and then settle the matter before going to trial, you cannot take the settlement awards and then continue to accuse that person of having wronged you. At that point, you would be faced with defamation charges and would very likely lose.

That's why settling a case is a very serious thing to consider. You give up all rights to the claims you made in the information that started the case.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Who is making the lineup for Overdrive?

Coming off one of the wildest drafts in recent memory in the NHL and they lead off with the Jays lol

They do this all the time with Golf too
At least Bell/TSN covers golf. The Jays aren't a Bell property. Rogers must be laughing at all the free promotion.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The replacement co hosts seem to be better than the main guys on Overdrive. I praise Jonas and MJ a lot but Gord was pretty good today too which surprised me. His knowledge on other sports you could tell was lacking but you like the effort. Unlike Noodles who knows nothing and doesn't try either.
I especially liked Gord's comment about the false narrative that Leafs are bad defensively. He said something like "you know there is a misconception about the Leafs. People think they are this leaky team defensively who gives up a lot of chances, if you look at the stats, Leafs are one of the better teams in that area. Their HDCA is in the top 10".
Credit to Hayes for once, he has even said for some time Leafs are a good defensive team. He agreed today too and said they are good and have been for a couple years now.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
The replacement co hosts seem to be better than the main guys on Overdrive. I praise Jonas and MJ a lot but Gord was pretty good today too which surprised me. His knowledge on other sports you could tell was lacking but you like the effort. Unlike Noodles who knows nothing and doesn't try either.
I especially liked Gord's comment about the false narrative that Leafs are bad defensively. He said something like "you know there is a misconception about the Leafs. People think they are this leaky team defensively who gives up a lot of chances, if you look at the stats, Leafs are one of the better teams in that area. Their HDCA is in the top 10".
Credit to Hayes for once, he has even said for some time Leafs are a good defensive team. He agreed today too and said they are good and have been for a couple years now.
I was really down on Gord for his leaf lunch appearances with Petrillo which I thought were condescending and obnoxious. But this week on overdrive it seems his know it all smug act has been toned down considerably. He’s still mildly irritating but knowledgeable and not so overbearing. I always felt his play by play was good, nice to hear him just being a normal radio guy.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I was really down on Gord for his leaf lunch appearances with Petrillo which I thought were condescending and obnoxious. But this week on overdrive it seems his know it all smug act has been toned down considerably. He’s still mildly irritating but knowledgeable and not so overbearing. I always felt his play by play was good, nice to hear him just being a normal radio guy.

AP brought out the worst in everyone

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know where else to ask this.

Any idea why I am not allowed to DVR the E60 Unrivaled episode?

I'm on Bell Fibe.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Gord Miller is a name dropper and very arrogant. He cuts people off when they speak in order to one up them on something he remembers etc. Gord thinks he is the smartest, coolest guy in the room. He references his times with the Oilers over and over again like he is more important or higher value than others. I dont mind him on TV doing games, radio he is brutal.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Gord Miller is a name dropper and very arrogant. He cuts people off when they speak in order to one up them on something he remembers etc. Gord thinks he is the smartest, coolest guy in the room. He references his times with the Oilers over and over again like he is more important or higher value than others. I dont mind him on TV doing games, radio he is brutal.
Gord's arrogance is as annoying as Tim Micallef's fake attempt to come across as a lovable & politically correct personality.
Some of these shows are becoming so clownish for some reason. It's a shame tbh.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I don't think anyone interrupts more than O-Dog.

Hayes and Noodles usually can't string two thoughts together without O-Dog jumping in and whining about something. :shakehead

Also, Mike DiStefano's incessant need for everyone to refer to him as "Al's Brother" is.....annoying, to say the least.

Who the ***** is this Al guy, anyway? :laugh:

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Dave Poulin thinking that samsonov had a good year because he had a winning record despite having an 896 save% on a good defensive team is one of the dumbest things I've heard on that show in awhile. It's as stupid as thinking a pitcher who has an era of 5 but has a winning record had a good year and there's a reason people don't put much value in a pitchers record anymore.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Why is Andi talking in a 5 year old’s voice today?

That’s enough of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad