Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
There is bias in real life so why wouldn’t there be in sports. People need to accept when it comes to voting there will be some bias. Does Timothy Liljegren getting a couple of votes change the out come? No it doesn’t. We’re all bias you can’t remove that from life. People that constantly complain about bias are the most bias of people

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
There is bias in real life so why wouldn’t there be in sports. People need to accept when it comes to voting there will be some rbias. Does Timothy Liljegren getting a couple of votes change the out come? No it doesn’t. We’re all bias you can’t remove that from life. People that constantly complain about bias are the most bias of people
Right, Lilly and many others from around the league getting token votes from hometown media is a longtime thing.
Harmless and does certainly indicate local bias.
McLennan was just pandering to the Edmonton host and audience about this being a strictly Toronto trend as he tends to do with all Canadian markets outside Toronto He appears to have appointed himself the island of reason in the sea of Leaf insanity, problem is he's not nearly clever enough to pull it off in a convincing entertaining manner.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Listening to Edmonton radio rn and Noodles is guesting and joining right in on the Toronto bias sniveling in the awards talk. Gives Lilly getting Calder votes as further evidence of how stupid Toronto media is. Dumbest man in Toronto media(well tied with Carlo).
Host Neilsons focus over and over again is that 5 voters didn't have McD on their ballots as if dumb stuff like that didn't happen every year and if he wanted to identify the 5 he easily could but no effort being made, just whining.
This just showed how angry likely Noodles got yesterday over Matthews winning both. Guy acts like the balanced one but we all pay attention, he hates the Leafs.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This just showed how angry likely Noodles got yesterday over Matthews winning both. Guy acts like the balanced one but we all pay attention, he hates the Leafs.
Noodles sucks through and through. He alone turned me off OverDrive. I remember being the first one pointing out how much he sucked, and also being one of the few who just hated OverDrive while others thought I was crazy to think that. What an overrated show.

Noodles has such a pompous arrogance to him. And my goodness, he just sounds so stupid. The prototypical dumb jock. I remember them talking about the Jays' teams when they were in the playoffs, and the leadership of the team. Of course, the dumbass he is, always circles back to hockey. "Well, there was one guy like that for me when I played in Calgary. His name was Jarome Iginla." GTFO, you windbag!

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Noodles sucks through and through. He alone turned me off OverDrive. I remember being the first one pointing out how much he sucked, and also being one of the few who just hated OverDrive while others thought I was crazy to think that. What an overrated show.

Noodles has such a pompous arrogance to him. And my goodness, he just sounds so stupid. The prototypical dumb jock. I remember them talking about the Jays' teams when they were in the playoffs, and the leadership of the team. Of course, the dumbass he is, always circles back to hockey. "Well, there was one guy like that for me when I played in Calgary. His name was Jarome Iginla." GTFO, you windbag!
His claim to fame is playing with Iginla.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
I listened to Edmonton today because from listening a few times lately I could tell the narrative was going to be that AM was going to win the hart because of Leaf/eastern bias. But McD would certainly win the Lindsay .... "the players know". Lol . It's too delicious all the articles, tweets and takes that had to be trashed last night!
All they seemed to come up with was voter fatigue and criticism of Matthews sneakers and hairline.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You know youre insecure when you insult a person's physical appearance to try and make yourself feel better. See it all the time on these boards too. f***in georger leaf had a long ass post in one of the matthews thread discussing his balding and what this might mean for his testosterone levels. You cannot make this shit up.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Listening to Edmonton radio rn and Noodles is guesting and joining right in on the Toronto bias sniveling in the awards talk. Gives Lilly getting Calder votes as further evidence of how stupid Toronto media is. Dumbest man in Toronto media(well tied with Carlo).
Host Neilsons focus over and over again is that 5 voters didn't have McD on their ballots as if dumb stuff like that didn't happen every year and if he wanted to identify the 5 he easily could but no effort being made, just whining.

Matthews was kept off two ballots himself. It's not like stupid decisions like that are contained to McDavid.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Matthews was kept off two ballots himself. It's not like stupid decisions like that are contained to McDavid.
When the Edmonton host Dustin Neilson mentioned the 5 MCD less ballots to McLennan he slowly said something like, um maybe somebody wanted Matthews to win, I dunno, atta boy Jamie, way to pick up on the implication there.
Nothing gets by Noodles.
The ballots are public call the 5 out of 200 to task if it's such an issue. Strategic voting was the issue that drove the PHWA to make their voting transparent a few years ago. Embarrassment is a hell of a deterrent.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Imagine genuinely getting upset over a multi-millionaire not getting a trophy? I get it's fun to cheer your guys on, or to debate the merits of someone's season, but to actually care once it's all said and done to the point you're ranting on the radio about someone getting disrespected or biases or conspiracy theories?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
NHL just released the vote distribution for the voters. Liljegren got a lot of votes for all rookie team, and not surprisingly a lot of his votes came from the US market. Mirtle voted for Liljegren. Dom did which isn't surprising as he adores the kid. Bourne also voted for Liljegren which is so hilarious that I'm convinced it's a typo.

Reactions: Roadhog

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
NHL just released the vote distribution for the voters. Liljegren got a lot of votes for all rookie team, and not surprisingly a lot of his votes came from the US market. Mirtle voted for Liljegren. Dom did which isn't surprising as he adores the kid. Bourne also voted for Liljegren which is so hilarious that I'm convinced it's a typo.

You beat me to it but I came to post this. Noddles complaining about Toronto bias on Liljegren getting calder votes were I believe all the voters expect Dom, not sure someone can correct me, are not from Toronto.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You beat me to it but I came to post this. Noddles complaining about Toronto bias on Liljegren getting calder votes were I believe all the voters expect Dom, not sure someone can correct me, are not from Toronto.
That is correct
I just checked 24 people voted for Liljegren in the all rookie team. 18 were from US markets. 1 from Finland of all countries. 4 from Toronto which were Bourne lol, Mirtle, CJ and Dom. 1 from Vancouver

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
What a bunch of mooks.
1655952809594.gif

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Roman Josi flirting with 100 points as a D man in the modern NHL and Jeff Marek leaving him out of his top 3 voting because of “top competition usage” or whatever Marek is on about.

Talk about trying to be the smartest person in the room, how are some of these guys paid to speak about hockey?

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Noodles sounds like a guy that if you met him in real life he would be a selfish jerk.

I think his wife is a producer at TSN or something so he probably isn’t going anywhere unfortunately. Best hope is they transition him into just being a color guy for games.

Carlo would be a bit much because he plays the Odog role on his show. Not sure who you could slide into replace Noodles. Maybe rotate Jonas and a few others.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Noodles sounds like a guy that if you met him in real life he would be a selfish jerk.

I think his wife is a producer at TSN or something so he probably isn’t going anywhere unfortunately. Best hope is they transition him into just being a color guy for games.

Carlo would be a bit much because he plays the Odog role on his show. Not sure who you could slide into replace Noodles. Maybe rotate Jonas and a few others.
Kara Wagland was fantastic when covering for one of the boys in he past. she has a much more well rounded knowledge of sports than noodles, and frankly even O who I’m growing less fond of as time goes on.
Big no to Carlo, he’s annoying as is in the morning.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Roman Josi flirting with 100 points as a D man in the modern NHL and Jeff Marek leaving him out of his top 3 voting because of “top competition usage” or whatever Marek is on about.

Talk about trying to be the smartest person in the room, how are some of these guys paid to speak about hockey?
I certainly think it's a valid point to put Makar and/or Hedman ahead of him, but like you said, outside the top 3 you're just overthinking it.

Not as bad as the voters who didnt even have McDavid on their ballots for the Hart. 3rd highest point total in the 2000s, and certainly not on a stacked team either.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
It started as a joke buy Jeff O'Neil is legit turning into Wayne Cochran before our eyes.

View attachment 561885
Holy crap...I thought you photoshopped O'Dog's face and pulled some photo trickery to make it look old. But then I googled Wayne Cochran and saw that this is real. Hahaha! You should send this to Hayes. This pic needs to be discussed on their show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad