Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs at New York Rangers - February 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'm not terribly in tune with player analysis but it seems like a lot of smack down opinions on our players are of the "what have you done for me lately?" variety.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The fantasy league is in your mind.

You never watched Shattenkirk and Smith on their old teams and we all know you refuse to even look at a stat, as evidenced by the fact that you insist Shattenkirk is a minus player.

You dislike them because you decided not to like them. You're AV.

These 2 clowns have sucked equally under 3 different coaches.
We're talking 3rd pairing Dmen.
What on gods earth would convince you otherwise?!
Smith couldn't even crack the line up on a very poor Detroit defense.
WTF are you talking shit about??!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
That was a whole generation ago, man. Orpik is not McLeod. He can play the position. That's the whole point. You need players who are physical BUT WHO CAN ALSO CONTRIBUTE OTHERWISE

Still doesn't make the original Mcleod point in regard to the general desire for a dual threat team any less vapid or inane.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm not terribly in tune with player analysis but it seems like a lot of smack down opinions on our players are of the "what have you done for me lately?" variety.

Actually..It's more like what have you done EVER lol

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
OK let's forget Smith and Shatty just for the sake of your argument.
What has Zbad done exactly, not ony this year but EVER to make you think he's such a superstar?
Not a superstar. Superior to Brassard, and because he has been in almost every measurable aspect.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
These 2 clowns have sucked equally under 3 different coaches.
We're talking 3rd pairing Dmen.
What on gods earth would convince you otherwise?!
Smith couldn't even crack the line up on a very poor Detroit defense.
WTF are you talking **** about??!

Shattenkirk has never played third pairing minutes on any team he's ever been on, so you made that up.

Who cares that Detroit didn't want Smith? They're the worst run organization in pro sports right now except the Browns. I'll welcome anyone they get rid of.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
We definitely would have scored five goals if Paul Carey had been dressed.

---

Got the feeling that these guys are kind of done with this season.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Still doesn't make the original Mcleod point in regard to the general desire for a dual threat team any less vapid or inane.
adding $5 words to a bad opinion doesn't transform it into a good opinion. Personnel decisions, lines, TOI, speed of game, passing, doesn't happen in a vacuum. We had better tools than what we put out there tonight. The choice to ice an inferior roster than what is possible is remarkable.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Whats the message to the squad when you demote Lettieri and give McLeod third line minutes?

Nothing. Lettieri needs development.

How about when your entire first line (and core) hears they're on the block to be traded?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Shattenkirk has never played third pairing minutes on any team he's ever been on, so you made that up.

Who cares that Detroit didn't want Smith? They're the worst run organization in pro sports right now except the Browns. I'll welcome anyone they get rid of.

He most certainly was..Not only in STL but also last year on the CAPS..
On top of that you're going to blame the Wings ORG, the very team that's given every chance in the world for Smith to succeed a bad wrap?
C'mon bro..I know you have a better head on your shoulders than that.
You drinking tonight? Lol

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
There isn't a message to the squad.

I don't give a **** about McLeod.

My point was it was a another neckbeard snort about a form of #tuffnezz which no one is even asking for.

Look back at my OP
Ill gladly chalk you down for 'disagree', but you lack a single intelligible point otherwise.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
adding $5 words to a bad opinion doesn't transform it into a good opinion. Personnel decisions, lines, TOI, speed of game, passing, doesn't happen in a vacuum. We had better tools than what we put out there tonight. The choice to ice an inferior roster than what is possible is remarkable.

I'm not talking about tonight.

The point made in the Tweet had nothing to do with how the team shouldn't be constructed in the future.

It was a terrible point.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
He most certainly was..Not only in STL but also last year on the CAPS..
On top of that you're going to blame the Wings ORG, the very team that's given every chance in the world for Smith to succeed a bad wrap?
C'mon bro..I know you have a better head on your shoulders than that.
You drinking tonight? Lol
Shattenkirk played behind Pietrangelo and Parayko in STL. Either one of those would be our #1. And he only played behind Parayko after he was on the market. As for DC, he was a deadline pickup. New to the system, and not to re-sign…that speaks volumes for how he was utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad