GDT: Toronto @ Detroit - Oct 3 7pm SN

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Only one of them made the team out of camp last season.

Maybe he will be better then Knies and if he is that's great because I think Knies is going to be a great player as long as he's healthy.

But Robertson isn't better than Knies today.

Not yet.
I would bet on Robertson having more offensive output in the 2024-2025 season then Knies if he’s deployed correctly and it shouldn’t be close. I’m also higher on Robertson than most, I think he will surprise and find a way to score 40 in his career similar to how Jared McMann did it. Maybe not this season because he won’t get PP1 time but I could see him hitting in his career. I also understand Knies can do things physically that don’t show up in the box score that Robertson can’t and Knies can play that power forward role that’s so valuable, especially come playoff time. They both bring different things.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
As far as goaltending is concerned. I reckon they will just alternate Woll and Stolarz at the beginning of the season. certain trends will dictate if they should run with 1 goalie over another later in the season. The first 2 games are a back-to-back anyway, so you would see Woll in 1 game and Stolarz in the other regardless.

Reactions: SprDaVE

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I wondered that too. Top line and PP could have been to showcase him. Of course, it would have been better for us if he played better. He was fine and that's what he is. He is overpaid for fine.
LA are apparently looking for bottom six C help, package Kampt with Lilly to LA……….

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Webber is not terrible, but he is not close to the NHL and so many people had him penciled in as a call up or said he was close.

This board is clueless sometimes.
Not sure "many people" had him penciled in.

My guess many thought he was no where close, and he may have exceeded expectations. Looked better against the Wings NHL players than against the prospect players.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Liljegren hasn’t been at his best for sure, but he is by far our leader in ice time, has 3 SOG, 2 blocked shots, not exactly a terrible night. We’re still playing their A lineup and up 1-0.

He got more comfortable as the game progressed.
Not unusual for NHL players to be a step behind non-NHLers who are going all out in preseason.

Leafs/Marlies scrubs just beat a NHL team last night.
Anyone think they'd beat them again in a month?

Reactions: Roo

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Not sure "many people" had him penciled in.

My guess many thought he was no where close, and he may have exceeded expectations. Looked better against the Wings NHL players than against the prospect players.

First day on the boards? The hype around a likely career AHLer was very high.

It's likely because he is tall, nothing else.

He looked nowhere close to NHL ready in any game, his decision making is bad.

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I should ask you the same question.

You pay attention to HF's hype?

Not to worry, naivety will wear off.

We are on HF, I am posting about posters on HF, what are you rambling about?

He caved.
Lesson learned.

If he was guaranteed some things to sign, did he cave?

Maybe Tre learned the lesson.

That whole thread was a bunch of 50 year old men crying, not sure if you were included in that, but lots of people wanted him to "learn a lesson"

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
You’re right about McMann,he hasn’t looked good, especially his skating. Perhaps he’s still working off the rust from that injury or maybe a bit hesitant as he tests it out in game situations. Certainly should be no where near the top 6 at this point.
IMO McMann is dining out on a couple of 5 game hot streaks in February and March. (11 his 15 goals).

I'd like to see a little more consistency before considering him a legitimate top 6 F.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad