GDT: Toronto @ Detroit - Oct 3 7pm SN

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Only one of them made the team out of camp last season.

Maybe he will be better then Knies and if he is that's great because I think Knies is going to be a great player as long as he's healthy.

But Robertson isn't better than Knies today.

Not yet.
I would bet on Robertson having more offensive output in the 2024-2025 season then Knies if he’s deployed correctly and it shouldn’t be close. I’m also higher on Robertson than most, I think he will surprise and find a way to score 40 in his career similar to how Jared McMann did it. Maybe not this season because he won’t get PP1 time but I could see him hitting in his career. I also understand Knies can do things physically that don’t show up in the box score that Robertson can’t and Knies can play that power forward role that’s so valuable, especially come playoff time. They both bring different things.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I agree on the shooting percentage, but that was no minor league lineup tonight.

If he is our sixth or seventh or eighth best forward then we are a deep team offensively.
The :sarcasm: means sarcasm or at least tongue-in-cheek. He's been very good.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Maybe they’re shopping him………..
I wondered that too. Top line and PP could have been to showcase him. Of course, it would have been better for us if he played better. He was fine and that's what he is. He is overpaid for fine.

Reactions: rumman

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
As far as goaltending is concerned. I reckon they will just alternate Woll and Stolarz at the beginning of the season. certain trends will dictate if they should run with 1 goalie over another later in the season. The first 2 games are a back-to-back anyway, so you would see Woll in 1 game and Stolarz in the other regardless.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I wondered that too. Top line and PP could have been to showcase him. Of course, it would have been better for us if he played better. He was fine and that's what he is. He is overpaid for fine.
LA are apparently looking for bottom six C help, package Kampt with Lilly to LA……….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad