Toronto Argonauts Thread

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good response game today. Dominated for the most part. Would have hurt to lose the game and got scary with BC taking the lead but got an important TD and a missed FG got us the win.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Awesome game from the Argos on saturday. I don't know why Mcleod bethel thompson is so polarizing. Yes early on in the season i had some doubts, but he's been pretty f***ing great this season. sure he's had a bad game here and there, but he's been rock solid for the most part and done his part in having the boatmen where they are today.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Argos won tonight too, which is surprising to me considering the last time I checked they were down 16-3 or something. Keep it rolling double blue.
They had a terrible 1st half. They couldn't stop the run and made it easy for Cornelius too. Really good 3rd quarter but had to settle for FG's. 4th quarter they gave up a TD and than turned it over on the kickoff too. The game was over than if they scored but than Edmonton turned it right back over and MBT with a quick TD. Argos defence than got a stop late as they usually do, and Argos scored to pretty much seal it, all though it got scary in the end.
I went from potentially criticizing MBT for a lousy performance against a bad Elks team to praising him. He had a fantastic last half of the 4th.

CFL standings are wierd. Apparently this result means nothing for the Argos. Win or lose they still need to split the next 2 games against Montreal to clinch home field in the East final.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I have turned into a big bethel fan this year. He’s been a great QB and team leader This year. Nice to see him run some first downs these last few games. Gittens, oullette, daniels, peters. … Lots of weapons on this team.

shout out to AJ oullette. I think a lot of people were worried went Harris went down, but the backup has been everything and more.

crazy 2 weeks to close out the season. Montreal is Hot right now but so are we. We just need a split so I’ll take those odds. ill Be there at the final game with my daughter.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Quite the finish to today's game.

I will say, Micah Awe gives a great interview even if he is an Allouette
Lol true.

punt returns by javon Leake were a difference maker this game. also shouts out to the defence in the first Q. Kind of crazy that Montreal couldn’t get a TD at that point in the game.

I wonder what the result yesterday does to next weeks game? would a Montreal win have any bearing on playoff implications? my daughter and I are going to the game. hopefully there’s some half decent football to be played.

you would think Toronto will want to keep momentum going heading into the playoffs.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I was at the game on Saturday with my daughter and we had a great time. There were no expectations and we just wanted to see entertaining football which was delivered. I thought Kelly was pretty good all in all. Some mistakes here and there, but he can definitely be a successful CFL QB. I think Bethel is more dependable overall, but maybe Kelly gets some more chances next season.

I was really surprised at the size of the crowd. It felt like a great turnout given it was a meaningless game. I really do get a vibe that the Argos are becoming more relevant and that the fan base is getting bigger.

I scored tickets 5 for my whole family for the East final. Hopefully more people on the fence do the same. Can't wait!

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Need the Argos to win the Grey Cup to make up for TFCs awful season and the Jays embarrassing collapse. Not a good year for Summer Toronto sports so far, but the boatmen can turn it around.
The Blue Jays didn't collapse, they made the playoffs, which isn't easy in baseball. They didn't do well in the playoffs, but there was nothing to be embarrassed about. I think that Montreal or Hamilton will probably beat Toronto in the eastern finals, but they're all evenly matched and no guarantees who will win.

Reactions: Roadhog

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Blue Jays didn't collapse, they made the playoffs, which isn't easy in baseball. They didn't do well in the playoffs, but there was nothing to be embarrassed about. I think that Montreal or Hamilton will probably beat Toronto in the eastern finals, but they're all evenly matched and no guarantees who will win.

Blowing an 8-1 lead in a playoff game is most definitely a collapse and definitely embarrassing. The whole season overall was good but let’s not act like they lost in a normal fashion.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
They lost an 8-1 lead. Thats a callapse anyway you look at it.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I'm glad it's montreal and not hamilton if for no other reason that there will be no ti cat fan shenanigans at BMO field.

Argos are better than both teams so i'm not too nervous about the game. Hopefully the time off will not show up as rust. Remember final game of the season was basically reserves so key players have essentially had 2 weeks off.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'm glad it's montreal and not hamilton if for no other reason that there will be no ti cat fan shenanigans at BMO field.

Argos are better than both teams so i'm not too nervous about the game. Hopefully the time off will not show up as rust. Remember final game of the season was basically reserves so key players have essentially had 2 weeks off.

Also think just based on vibes the Argos have a better chance against Montreal than Hamilton. For whatever reason in the playoffs the Ticats have our number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad