Toronto Argonauts Thread

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Grey Cup Champs boys! It's ironic for a Toronto team to end a dynasty. Well deserved and battled lots of adversity in this game. Shoutout to Dinwiddie for the guts to remove his QB in the 4th. Hey Simmonds, still think he should be fired? He outcoached an elite coach in O'Shea and put himself on that level today.
Defence bent but did enough in the game.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I watched half of the fourth quarter - the first time I've watched any part of any CFL game in ... a long, long time. Glad I did, forgot how exciting CFL football is. What an ending!

Congrats to the Argos, it seems they came in as the underdog as the Bombers were trying to repeat?

In any case, for once it's nice to have a team in Toronto that doesn't choke in the playoffs. :thumbu:

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
World champions for the 18th time!
1669001093882.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: keonsbitterness

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Grey Cup Champs boys! It's ironic for a Toronto team to end a dynasty. Well deserved and battled lots of adversity in this game. Shoutout to Dinwiddie for the guts to remove his QB in the 4th. Hey Simmonds, still think he should be fired? He outcoached an elite coach in O'Shea and put himself on that level today.
Defence bent but did enough in the game.

Argos follow the Raptors in preventing a three-peat. :D

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Bombers fan coming in peace. And you know what? I ain't gonna make excuses, and I ain't gonna sell you short. You won, and you won fair and square, and as such the Argos are worthy of the full measure of their victory.

I'm very unhappy that we lost, of course. But you won fair and square, and your championship was well earned.

And perhaps most importantly for our league, it was an amazing back and forth affair. For the first 59 minutes of a 60 minute game, each team had a very real chance of winning the trophy. As a life-long gambler, even though I came up short this time, this is the exact kind of game I wish I had a paycheck riding on.

How someone can watch that game and say they don't like it I don't know.
Had everything we love about it

I alluded to this in my post, but for the first 59 minutes of a 60 minute championship game, the outcome was very much in doubt. How often, as sports fans, do we get a game like that?

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Bombers fan coming in peace. And you know what? I ain't gonna make excuses, and I ain't gonna sell you short. You won, and you won fair and square, and as such the Argos are worthy of the full measure of their victory.

I'm very unhappy that we lost, of course. But you won fair and square, and your championship was well earned.

And perhaps most importantly for our league, it was an amazing back and forth affair. For the first 59 minutes of a 60 minute game, each team had a very real chance of winning the trophy. As a life-long gambler, even though I came up short this time, this is the exact kind of game I wish I had a paycheck riding on.

I alluded to this in my post, but for the first 59 minutes of a 60 minute championship game, the outcome was very much in doubt. How often, as sports fans, do we get a game like that?
It was a great game. Both teams laid it all on the line.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Eskimos/Elks( :(
but when Edmonton isnt in the grey cup anyone east for me. I dont buy into the "keep the cup in the west" stuff my family says to me every grey cup game.

That was a fun game to watch.

I was at the '97 grey cup game that flutie won in his final yeari think it was with the team, even then, there was no way i was rooting on saskatchewan

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad