Toronto Argonauts Thread

Uncus13

Sep 11, 2017
If the league wants to be successful, dump the Argos and get a team on the east coast.
Football isn't a sport for the weak and faint of heart and everyone knows that Toronto is where dreams and good sportsmanship go to die. If there was ever a city that had less heart and guts it would be Torranna.
You would get a larger spending crowd if the Trontonians had a crowd of less fortunate people in an arena to squash and obliterate like ... Caligula and his provincial cronies.

Uncus13

Sep 11, 2017
Amazing players, amazing game but the crowds no longer want to see the nuances and gamesmanship of football. They want the unorganized and undisciplined recreation of basketball.
Marketing baby .... a sport that has no real rules or is only called in the last 2 minutes lol, and they turned it into this marketing mecca.
The CFL doesn't market its stars the way they should. That has been a problem since the Cousineau days when the CFL had the clout to challenge the NFL for the services of a player.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Is the coach completely inept and dim witted? Why does he continue to put Bethel-Thompson out there? He can’t pass deep, has limited mobility, and little football IQ. Why didn’t DimWittie at least make an in-game change to shake things up like Calgary did. But hey, let’s keep trotting out the incompetent since we’re in first place with a sub .500 record.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Is the coach completely inept and dim witted? Why does he continue to put Bethel-Thompson out there? He can’t pass deep, has limited mobility, and little football IQ. Why didn’t DimWittie at least make an in-game change to shake things up like Calgary did. But hey, let’s keep trotting out the incompetent since we’re in first place with a sub .500 record.
Yeah no kidding. Its the same story every game. Decent Enough to stay in a game, but completely unable to perform when the game is on the line.

I also do not understand the unwavering support this coaching staff has in MBT. Even in the games that The argos have won, he was never the star or match mvp. hes average at best. And recently more of often than not he’s way below average.

anyways, I was at the game yesterday with the family and the kids loved it. Their first argos game. luckily the game was close and there lots of exciting plays and reasons to cheer. they want to go back and I think we will this season. preferably if kelly gets some real game time.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Of course Collaros a half decent QB puts up a good performance against this same Stamps defence today that MBT struggled with. Stamps have been a mess defensively all year and MBT makes them look good last week. Your defence made Dickenson change up Bo Levi, and were good defensively. I'm sorry but you need to win that game when that happens, but it shows how average MBT is.
I get some of the criticisms on Dinwiddie but I think the average fan doesn't know he's also the offensive coordinator. Lets seperate Dinwiddie the coach from Dinwiddie the OC for a second.

When your starting QB can't hit open recievers consistently, there is only so much you can do from a playcalling persepective. I've seen enough last 2 years to say playcalling isn't the issue, the QB is the issue. How many times have we seen this year where the receiver was open, but MBT couldn't complete the pass?

Now Dinwiddie the coach, I believe he's a good coach but I'm done defending him when it comes to keeping MBT in. Change it. Thats what Dickenson did with the Stamps and they looked good too.

Big game against Hamilton tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned, MBT owes the team a big game tomorrow but he's not good enough so we'll see. Win tomorrow and you can pretty much take off Hamilton for the division. Montreal is the only real threat than but I'm not afraid of them.

Reactions: fancy lad

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Now thats a big win. MBT was good and made some passes he typical misses. Great work. He's going to drive me crazy but if he can make the passes he should make, I'm good with it. I'm not asking for elite play. Competent starting level is good enough with the Argos defence.
Speaking of that, man they continue to make big plays. They give up a lot of yards, and I think "bend but don't break" suits them perfectly but they come up with game changing plays consistently. What a game for Peters with 3 INT's including a pick 6.

Also can someone tell me whats happened to the Ticats? They make 2 Grey Cup finals in a row and now you can't recognize that team. They play decently and than have 2 possessions or even plays where everything falls apart. It's almost every game now.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Now thats a big win. MBT was good and made some passes he typical misses. Great work. He's going to drive me crazy but if he can make the passes he should make, I'm good with it. I'm not asking for elite play. Competent starting level is good enough with the Argos defence.
Speaking of that, man they continue to make big plays. They give up a lot of yards, and I think "bend but don't break" suits them perfectly but they come up with game changing plays consistently. What a game for Peters with 3 INT's including a pick 6.

Also can someone tell me whats happened to the Ticats? They make 2 Grey Cup finals in a row and now you can't recognize that team. They play decently and than have 2 possessions or even plays where everything falls apart. It's almost every game now.
Dane Evans time has come and gone, I can’t remember seeing a QB with such questionable hands! Waste of a pretty decent defense.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
That was a shockingly dominant win. Always cool to beat the Ticats. The game would have been much tighter if Shiltz didn't get injured. I still wouldn't want to face the Ticats in the playoffs. We always seem to lose to them in the post-season for whatever reason.

Let's see if MBT can actually put together solid games for 2 or 3 consecutive weeks. He was really good tonight.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
That's more like it!

It was looking pretty grim at the start though. Bethel couldn't hit anyone and was going nowhere and i was begging to see Kelly get the ball. And then at some point late in the 2nd quarter bethel started throwing the ball with purpose and put a good drive together that lead to a touchdown.

Bethel needs to play like that all the time. He needs to play with fire and conviction like he showed yesterday. Good to see him link up with Banks better than in the past.

Also shout out to bede. He is a great kicker.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Montreal loses which helps the Argos. A win on Monday can give the Argos a 2 game lead on Montreal, and likely end Hamilton's chances of catching Toronto too.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We’ll be making the trek to The Hammer Monday, let’s go Ti-Cats.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Didn't get to watch it but saw some of the 4th back. Looked like a wierd game from what I heard. Offense couldn't get going but looks like defence held them in until Banks' 2 great plays. Only fitting his best moments come on Labor day against his former team. Hopefully he gets going now. Has looked off for some reason. Would be huge for this team.
Wanted at least a split in these 4 games against the Ticats and got 3. I'm more than happy. DC Corey Mace is proving me wrong and it's good to see.

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
Nope. Big time Ticats Can.
LOL! :laugh:

If the league wants to be successful, dump the Argos and get a team on the east coast.
Football isn't a sport for the weak and faint of heart and everyone knows that Toronto is where dreams and good sportsmanship go to die. If there was ever a city that had less heart and guts it would be Torranna.
You would get a larger spending crowd if the Trontonians had a crowd of less fortunate people in an arena to squash and obliterate like ... Caligula and his provincial cronies.
:huh:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm a long-time Ticats season seat holder. Yesterday was one of the dullest games from an offensive perspective I have seen.....ever. Just couldn't get anything going.

That's our first Labour Day loss at Tim Horton's field, Ticats 7-1 in the game, Banks improves to 8-0 I believe. We are missing him right now....

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bit scary in the 4th but held on. Defence had a bit of a off game which they are allowed to, but with the game potentially on the line, they came up with a stop deep in their end, and than another stop afterwards. Huge game winning stops again by the defence when overall they struggled today. offense did enough. MBT with over 350 yards with almost a 70% completion rate. If he can do that consistenly, this team can go far.

This game honestly worried me a bit because of the 2 big wins against Hamilton, and with the short week, and Ottawa playing well recently, this had the potential to be a let down game, and in the 2nd half today, they clearly were running out of gas but good they found a way.

Last edited:

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Bethel looked good again. He hasn’t had a bad game since calgary which is nice. I’m happy for ouellette getting that TD. God damn He has a majestic mullet. got to be one of the best mullets in spports.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
B7AAA564-0766-466D-8154-7045424B96EA.jpeg

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah they looked really good from what I saw. bethel was on point again and despite the negative talk earlier in the year, he‘s actually Having a great season.

when can they lock in a home playoff game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad