Toronto Argonauts Thread

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Always? If that were true, Canadian NHL teams would be filled mostly with rookies and leftover vets who sign for cheap. Plus there's a cap that prevents every good player from signing down south.
They were kind of all mediorce until about 2017. Still the leafs haven't gone past the first round and the oilers...welll let's not talk about about that
That only helped the NBA. They adjusted their flagrant foul rules, which got rid of most of their enforcer-type players, and today NBA revenue ranks #2 or 3 among the world's sports leagues.
Fair enough. Still don't think players should get involved.

Hamilton has no NHL team because the Leafs and Sabres prevented it. Also why there will never be a second Toronto team.

True but you have to admit our fans and media are too brutal at times.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
First shoe to drop from Sunday's incident

Got into physical and verbal altercations with fans.... can't be doing that

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The biggest misconception in Canada is that Toronto supposedly has contempt for all the other cities and all the people that come from those cities. I live in TOR, but I'm not from here. The people here don't judge me because I was born in St. Catharines. Many of us come from some place. What reason would I have to hate someone from St. John, Lethbridge, or Grimsby?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Same way I like the Jays.

I also work in Toronto when I have to.

Liking a team is different than liking the city (or its inhabitants).

Surprised it takes a uneducated Hamiltonian to explain this.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Same way I like the Jays.

I also work in Toronto when I have to.

Liking a team is different than liking the city (or its inhabitants).

Surprised it takes a uneducated Hamiltonian to explain this.
Did anyone call you uneducated? Hamilton isn't that nice of a city. I find this level of pride in a city and alternatively hate towards another city frankly just weird to be completely honest. It is just a place people live and work, it isn't that deep.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I wouldn’t go so far to insult the city of Hamilton because of sports fans. Jays fans threw garbage on the field during the playoffs. Leaf fans went after Reimers wife during the playoffs. There are tons of examples of sports fans acting bad outside of Hamilton and Toronto. That is not a reflection on the city and others that live there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad