Toronto Argonauts Thread

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Impressions from a busy week of CFL free agency - TSN.ca

Andrew Harris moves east

In an ideal world, Andrew Harris would finish his career as a Winnipeg Blue Bomber, the city where he was raised, became a legitimate CFL star and led his team to back-to-back Grey Cups.

Instead, he will spend the 2022 season in Toronto where, no matter what he does, his star won’t burn nearly as brightly as it does in Winnipeg.

There’s no doubt the Blue Bombers were disappointed with Harris’ level of conditioning last season, when he missed seven of 14 games during the regular season.
That seemed to set the tone for discussions around a new contract, which hit a stalemate last weekend – even before the Blue Bombers brought back Canadian running back Brady Oliveira.

Harris will be 35 this season, which is rare for a high-volume running back. But he demonstrated last season that he is still a force when healthy, and his pass protection is something the Argos value as well.

Harris will earn $165,000 this season, which is less than he’s used to earning but substantially more than what was offered to him in Winnipeg.

Reactions: Ciao

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I used to be a big Argos fan in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. I had season tickets at CNE stadium when they used to draw 45,000 fans a game. I knew all of the players and seldom missed a game. When the team moved to the Sky Dome I started to lose some enthusiasm because of the lack of excitement in that huge stadium with small crowds. Now I watch them occasionally and don’t attend games since I moved out of the city. I still support them but not the way I used to.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Haskmarks is interesting. I guess that is mostly for kicking?

I don't believe the ball is placed on the hashmark for every down.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Only if the previous run or completed pass ended outside of the hashmark -- same as the NFL.
Right, knew that....thanks.

That will happen more often now which will narrow the field. Wonder if that's what they are going for?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Defences really cheat to the short side in the CFL. With hashmarks now closer to the middle, in theory that will be harder to do.
True. I was thinking the opposite, offenses exploiting the wide side.
Interesting change.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Have always enjoyed the Canadian game! I live in Syracuse and would prefer to travel to see a CFL game than go to a Bills or Giants game! Better atmosphere, friendlier people, college vibe , nobody gets shot or molested , just some good natured ribbing from time to time! Hopefully your league keeps to it’s tradition and doesn’t get bastardized by ESPN and the like was a Ti-Cats season ticket holder till the covid, too much complication to get across the border now even though my wife and I are vaxed and fully boosted. Maybe when things get back to normal I can return. Good luck to the CFL!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad