Toronto Argonauts Thread

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Argos trade QB Nick Arbuckle to the Elks.

Curious to know of the return. Why would a team in a battle for 1st trade away any QB depth especially to a team that's out of it?

Doesn't make sense. Why trade a younger QB and keep a 33 year old, who just threw 4 picks in a game.

If Arbuckle does extend in Edmonton, the Argo's get a second round pick. The past couple of drafts, they've hit on guys like Smith, Acheampong, Boateng and Cassar.

Reactions: stickty111

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Argos limp into a playoff spot after a sloppy win today. MBT missed a lot of open receivers for sure TDs and the game had no business going into overtime if we had better clock management at the end. The BC kicker didn't have the greatest of nights either so we got lucky.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Argos limp into a playoff spot after a sloppy win today. MBT missed a lot of open receivers for sure TDs and the game had no business going into overtime if we had better clock management at the end. The BC kicker didn't have the greatest of nights either so we got lucky.
Yeah Dinwiddie got in victory formation too early. Still though huge win and helps Montreal lost.
I'm not sure the offense is good enough, but if we make noise in the playoffs, it's going to be because of the defence.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The ending of the Argo game really shows how Mickey Mouse the league is. They deserved to lose and should have, just brutal coaching never seen anything like it.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Coach thought or was told from upstairs BC had no timeouts; Tom Brady thought 4th down was 3rd down. Stuff happens in the heat of battle.
It’s understandable for a player as they are in the battle, inexcusable for an entire coaching staff not to know what’s going on, they didn’t even clue in after taking the first knee. I don’t recall BC even using a timeout, they were always going to get the ball back.

My Steelers Sunday also has some inexcusable coaching but it didn’t cost them either. Kicker was hurt and they had no one on the roster who could attempt a 20 yard field goal. Just brutal.

Reydin

Jun 21, 2008
Wouldn't say I'm a fan but I cheer for them. I do not follow the standings. I do not know any of the players. I go to a game maybe once every 2-3 years.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
The ending of the Argo game really shows how Mickey Mouse the league is. They deserved to lose and should have, just brutal coaching never seen anything like it.

Yeah, because nobody in any other professional league has ever made a mistake.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Argos get another fortunate victory despite MBT throwing multiple INTs but the team came up big in the fourth quarter. Yet another game where the opposing teams kicker misses multiple FGs. Just feels like it's our year, this doesn't feel like a 1st place team though. Need to have a much better performance next week against Hamilton. Win that one and we've clinched first in the East.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Argos get another fortunate victory despite MBT throwing multiple INTs but the team came up big in the fourth quarter. Yet another game where the opposing teams kicker misses multiple FGs. Just feels like it's our year, this doesn't feel like a 1st place team though. Need to have a much better performance next week against Hamilton. Win that one and we've clinched first in the East.
Yup. I'm still not sure on the offense, but like I said before, if we do win it's going to be because of our defence. I'm not a Chris Jones fan in terms of personality and antics, but you have to admit, the guy gets results defensively.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
CFL Playoff Scenarios - Week 15 - TSN.ca

West Division

Calgary Stampeders - The Stampeders would clinch a playoff berth with a win or tie over the BC Lions on Friday. A tie would solidify the West Division standings with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in first, the Saskatchewan Roughriders in second, and the Stamps in third.

Saskatchewan Roughriders - A Roughriders win or tie or Stampeders loss or tie would guarantee that Saskatchewan hosts the Western Semi-Final on Nov. 28 at Mosiac Stadium.

East Division

Toronto Argonauts - An Argos win or tie against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday would clinch first place in the East Division. The Eastern Final would be held on Dec. 5 at BMO Field.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats - A Ticats win over the Argos would move them into first in the East and clinch a home playoff date with one week to go.

Montreal Alouettes - An Alouettes loss would clinch third place in the division and ensure Montreal plays on the road in the Eastern Semi-Final.

Playoff Picture

• The Winnipeg Blue Bombers clinched a fifth consecutive playoff berth in Week 11 and a West Division title in Week 12. Winnipeg will host the Western Final on Dec. 5.

• The Argos secured a playoff spot in Week 13, their first playoff berth since 2017.

• The Riders punched their fourth-straight playoff ticket in Week 13.

• The Tiger-Cats and Alouettes each clinched a playoff spot in Week 14.

Week 15 schedule

Friday, November 12, 7:30 p.m. ET – Hamilton at Toronto

Friday, November 12, 10:30 p.m. ET – Calgary at BC

Saturday, November 13, 1 p.m. ET – Winnipeg at Montreal

Saturday, November 13, 4 p.m. ET – Edmonton at Saskatchewan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad