Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs extend Morgan Rielly (8 years, $7.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
This just feels like a fair deal, I would want Rielly at 7 but would be willing to go to 8. He got 7.5

Edir: Only concern now is Cap, leafs now have 5 guys who combined make ~47.5 million $.

While I think this is fair for Rielly, 1 of the big 4 probably has to go.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Lol, I absolutely love the Morgan Reilly is shit comments from non-leaf fan's.

I do appreciate those of you who are not ignorant and can recognize that Mo is in fact a very solid player. But the amount of pure ignorance just because he is a Leaf never seems to amaze me.

I don't know how anyone could look at this deal, and the comps that are out there from pending UFA defensemen and suggest that this is a gross overpayment.

Is Mo a Norris candidate level defensemen? I would say no personally. But it also wouldn't shock me to see him have a year where he gets in that conversation either.

It's a good deal, for a good player. No if's ands or buts.

Reactions: TML1990

Jan 21, 2018
Solid and fair deal. Why could Marner and Matthews be signed to better deals? This won’t hurt the leafs. Reilly is a legit top4 defenseman.

As an isles fan though it makes the Pelech and Pulock deals even greater.

Marner and Matthews were signed before the pandemic. Is that too hard a concept to understand?

Rielly’s career high = 72 points @ 7.5M
Pulock + Pelech COMBINED career high = 58 points @ 10.75M

Still feel good? Perhaps next time you will refrain from comparing completely different types of D. Pelech would be paid more than Reilly if he wasn’t absolutely useless at scoring.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Honestly a pretty great contract. Might not be great the last couple years but the window will be closed then so who gives a shit?

Reactions: LeHab and TML1990

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Marner and Matthews were signed before the pandemic. Is that too hard a concept to understand?

Rielly’s career high = 72 points @ 7.5M
Pulock + Pelech COMBINED career high = 58 points @ 10.75M

Still feel good? Perhaps next time you will refrain from comparing completely different types of D. Pelech would be paid more than Reilly if he wasn’t absolutely useless at scoring.
I think it’s a fair contract but you can’t nitpick his career year like that. That year was clearly a massive outlier where he scored 20 goals when he’s never scored even half of that in any other year.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Good God I hope there is a NMC so Benning doesnt try in trade our future for him at some point to anchor down our coveted overpaid #4 dman spot

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He looked average when I saw a leafs game a few nights ago. Have no idea why Dubas is doubling down on this core though. There needs to be a shake up.
Because if he doesn't go to the Finals this year, he's getting fired anyway. May as well double down so the guy who replaces you doesn't turn it around on a year and make you look like a jackass.

Reactions: CartographerNo611

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Needed to happen, I’d be surprised if they are still happy with it later on in the contract, but right now they cannot replace his presence

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I think it’s a fair contract but you can’t nitpick his career year like that. That year was clearly a massive outlier where he scored 20 goals when he’s never scored even half of that in any other year.

Yeah he will never score 20 goals again.

He does have the talent to drive offence from the back end at a higher level than he currently is. I thought Keefe would bring more of that out the last couple of years but it hasn’t quite happened. He should still be able to produce 50ish points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad