Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV) Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Your entire post is a joke and you made it a joke within your stupid post.

So answer this. How did any of the things you said about JT become true, when you said in your own post it was written by a PR team? Which is it, JT was a bad guy or the PR team were bad people? You can't have it both ways. If a PR team wrote it, then nothing you say after that makes any sense. Typical.

You have been owned and left wanting.

There's nothing wrong with what JT said, unfortunately he is an athlete and not someone who knows how to write well or perfectly explain himself.

Perhaps you didn't pick up what I said in my post or the gist, so let me spell it out for you:

The Isles fans just want to hate JT, that's fine, but to try to psychoanalyze him and impugn his intentions is nothing more than a smear job from overgrown emotional children (familiar eh?).

Reactions: ninetyone

member 300185

There's nothing wrong with what JT said, unfortunately he is an athlete and not someone who knows how to write well or perfectly explain himself.

Perhaps you didn't pick up what I said in my post or the gist, so let me spell it out for you:

The Isles fans just want to hate JT, that's fine, but to try to psychoanalyze him and impugn his intentions is nothing more than a smear job from overgrown emotional children (familiar eh?).
Oh, so your post was sarcastic, why didnt you say so.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Leafs fans, guesses on what PP1 looks like to start the season?

I'm assuming 4 forwards and Reilly?

No idea. In theory you'd go the big 4 and Rielly or Gards. But then who plays the front of the net role? I think they'll probably go the big 4 minus Nylander and put Nylander/Kadri as the go to guys on PP2 with Marleau, and Johnsson/Kapanen but not sure who's going to be the 4th forward on the top PP.

Reactions: Sam Spade

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
Ironically the "KEEP DREAMING" fans are now telling us Arizona is going to give a max contract to Matthews is he's going there.

A competent management team doesn't let a player like Tavares get to UFA, that's who they need to direct anger towards. Just like Ottawa with Karlsson. Those owners stuck with Snow too long and watched the team sink to a lottery team. They had nine years to make a good team and the only reason why they were anywhere close was Tavares. I doubt Dubas would allow that to happen with Matthews but there's plenty of time to worry about that. I don't think any top player will willingly leave a team that's a contender.

It's sad to read Islander fans trashing this guy because he left, classless! He gave them everything he had for 9 years and they just expected him to stay with the team even though they are years away from competing for a Stanley Cup.

Lamoriello said the Islanders had the worst defense in the last ten years last season. I didn't realize it was that bad. Think about all the awful teams the last ten, that's amazing. It can't all be goaltending - some serious problems on that team even with all-star seasons and rookie of the year.

This will be an interesting study of the 'linemates' argument.

If the snake doesn't score 90+ points, can we stop saying 'Imagine how many more points player X would score on a line with Z and Y'?

And if he scores 91+? None of this matters anyway, nobody remembers or cares what's said on the internet. Marner is as good a passer as anyone in the NHL, that's clear to anyone who watches hockey. Has Tavares ever played with anyone remotely close to that talent level? Remember Adam Oates and Brett Hull? Hull scored 50plus goals twice in his career (without Oates) and in the three seasons with Oates he scored over 70 in all three (including an 86 goal year).

Who knows if there will be any chemistry between the players, but to suggest "player X, Y, Z" can't make a difference is way off-base (if that's what you mean)

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I think the isles fans hate on JT is misguided. He didn't want to get traded at the deadline? Who really does? Especially when they have such a deep connection to that team. If isles fans need to point their hatred and frustration, it should be at Snow and the ownership (both previous and new). Tavares is an asset that THEY mismanaged, not John himself. Regardless of whether JT did or didn't say he wanted to stay, when a player is not signed at the traded deadline then GM should realize that losing the player for nothing is a very real possibility.

I get it, he's their star player, but what reasons are there for him to stay? Isles fans of all people should understand why he choose to go elsewhere. For 9 years he's had very little help despite giving them great cap value, he's seen core players he's played with go elsewhere, he's had to deal with ownership issues, arena issues, never had and still doesn't have a consistent number 1 goalie.... why should he stay? Why should he sacrifice more of his prime years under ANOTHER REBUILD? Out of loyalty? It's ridiculous really.

Mats Sundin did worse to the leafs club, Sundin held back the leafs management group from doing a rebuild by basically refusing to be traded, which he was entitled to, and he told other players on the team with NTC to do the same. We ended up finishing higher in the standings, drafted Luke Schenn instead of the ridiculous players in the top 5 (Stamkos, Doughty and Petro), and got nothing for the big 5 on the team. Yet this is the reaction leafs fans had a year later...

Yeah, Tavares left for nothing, but that is not his doing, he never stood in the way of Snow trading him and doing what was right for his organization. Losing JT for nothing is entirely on Snow and the ownership group who chose not to manage their assets with foresight. Don't blame JT for exercising his right as a free agent and doing what was right for himself.

Last edited:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I think the isles fans hate on JT is misguided. He didn't want to get traded at the deadline? Who really does? Especially when they have such a deep connection to that team. If isles fans need to point their hatred and frustration, it should be at Snow and the ownership (both previous and new). Tavares is an asset that THEY mismanaged, not John himself. Regardless of whether JT did or didn't say he wanted to stay, when a player is not signed at the traded deadline then GM should realize that losing the player for nothing is a very real possibility.

I get it, he's their star player, but what reasons are there for him to stay? Isles fans of all people should understand why he choose to go elsewhere. For 9 years he's had very little help despite giving them great cap value, he's seen core players he's played with go elsewhere, he's had to deal with ownership issues, arena issues, never had and still doesn't have a consistent number 1 goalie.... why should he stay? Why should he sacrifice more of his prime years under ANOTHER REBUILD? Out of loyalty? It's ridiculous really.

Mats Sundin did worse to the leafs club, Sundin held back the leafs management group from doing a rebuild by basically refusing to be traded, which he was entitled to, and he told other players on the team with NTC to do the same. We ended up finishing higher in the standings, drafted Luke Schenn instead of the ridiculous players in the top 5 (Stamkos, Doughty and Petro), and got nothing for the big 5 on the team. Yet this is the reaction leafs fans had a year later...

Yeah, Tavares left for nothing, but that is not his doing, he never stood in the way of Snow trading him and doing what was right for his organization. Losing JT for nothing is entirely on Snow and the ownership group who chose not to manage their assets with foresight. Don't blame JT for exercising his right as a free agent and doing what was right for himself.

They have every right to be mad at Tavares. He chose a different team over theirs. Being mad because he didn't want to be traded or quotes about wanting to stay in NY are silly.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Wasn't it awkward for the Islanders to hire Lamoriello from the Leafs, and the next thing Tavares leaves for Leafs. Did Lamoriello tell Tavares to go play for Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad