Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Exactly and Lou should remember this. He first meet with Tavares on behalf of the Islanders when he was still employed by the Leafs as a Senior Advisor. So that right there proves he should not complain just because he didn't get his way and re-sign him.

To be fair we don’t know what about the proccess he didn’t like. He’s said all along that he respects Tavares decision. I wish he would have been more specific because it leaves so much open for interpretation

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
To be fair we don’t know what about the proccess he didn’t like. He’s said all along that he respects Tavares decision. I wish he would have been more specific because it leaves so much open for interpretation
If Lou really hates the interview process he should do one of two things.

1) Not take part of it next year before July 1, 2019 as a rule of principal. Only speak to UFA's on July 1.

2) Make sure in the next CBA it gets taken away.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If Lou really hates the interview process he should do one of two things.

1) Not take part of it next year before July 1, 2019 as a rule of principal. Only speak to UFA's on July 1.

2) Make sure in the next CBA it gets taken away.

Can’t really argue because he don’t elaborate on what exactly about the process he didn’t like. No one else has come out and voiced displeasure over the process so to my knowledge Lou is the only one. I’d really like to know what he’s talking about. It’s most likely something stupid.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Oh baby !!

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-11_21-58-22.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-11_21-58-22.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 53

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I'm a habs fan. A few years ago players voted on captaincy between Subban and Pacioretty. This is arguably the catalyst that led to the chain effect that has been blowing up our core since then.

All i'll say is where there's smoke there tends to be fire. I hope for your sake Leafs management ends up handling the situation going forward better than they did in Montreal. I agree with you i don't think there's any issue now and it's all speculation by certain people. But it doesn't mean an issue can't arise from it in the future, if the situation isn't handled properly. The rumors of a Matthews/Babcock issue doesn't help

I will use my Lou voice:
They are both tremendous competitors with great personal integrity. I am confident that these fine men will do what is right for the team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tavares is a Leaf and the team still has 15 million in cap room if you go ny cap friendly or 24 million if you go by NHLnumbers, I'm not sure why the 2 sites are so far apart in terms of cap space but either way this team will be able to do whatever they want come trade deadline

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The leafs have never been this deep at C since....ever?

Sundin-Nieuwendyk-Reichel was the best I can remember, and the latter two were well past their prime
(Joe was still pretty good though)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Over under for leafs fans to forget all the "keep dreaming" type comments the past 2 years set at FOREVER!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Yeah we do, he's disappointed he didn't re-sign Tavares and yelling at the clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine