Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
god its the josh leivo love affair all over again ...
How? Underhill even said they were working 1 on 1 with Marchment. Name dropped him specifically as an example of Leafs new ramped up development system. Then he doesn't even get a chance?

It's perfectly valid to question the trade. Leivo got a lot of chances to stick. If not a lot according to others, still more than Marchment.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
If he stayed, maybe the emergence of Engvall would not have happened. Toronto gave him four years to prove he should be on the big club and he didn't.

With the current roster, would he actually get a spot? Probably not.

Can't we be happy that a player who didn't work out here is working out somewhere else?

He wouldn't have stuck because you say so? The guy is literally showing he would stick on any team in the league.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Size matters, for women, and for playing strong hard to play against hockey.

Dubas has no hockey playing background... He does go very well, for talent, but Marchment, had obvious talent to the trained eye.

A trained eye, that has played against skilled, fast, large frame guys. Smurfs can be contained a lot of the time, big guys, are brutal to play against.

Terrible trade.

The Kadri trade? Well, at least he didn't get john kordic in return...

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton

Dubas has no hockey playing background... He does go very well, for talent, but Marchment, had obvious talent to the trained eye.

A trained eye, that has played against skilled, fast, large frame guys. Smurfs can be contained a lot of the time, big guys, are brutal to play against.

Terrible trade.

Marchment didn't look anywhere near NHL calibre during his 4 game stint with us.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Lmao marchmant is wildly exceeding what the guys own mother probably thought his potential was and people looking to go at Dubas? He was an undrafted AHL pto, and the deal for malgin was barely registered at the time.

Reactions: aingefan

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
i remember sitting beside the then, gm of the Maple Leafs up in the gondola..Leafs had called up the star player from the Toronto Marlies, the father of Brendan Perlini, Fred Perlini..

Perlini impressed me, another big guy, in terms of height, had good skating, hands, everything.

I turned to my childhood best friend, who had never played much hockey, not like I had.. Nor had he played pro in anything, I had the highest paid job in Canada, in tennis, because I won almost every tournament out of nowhere in Canada.. For one year, but when offered that job, it was a no brainer..

I turned to him and said, wow, looks like we have a real player in that guy Perlini....

He snorted, and said, not an NHLer...

Well, that branded the poor guy, but look at his stats, 8 games played, 5 points...

I saw, not just an NHLer there, but an above average one...

In that four game sample for Marchment, I saw a .5 Cam Neely, or a 7 Rick Vaive.. Distinctly.

As much as I loved Nazem Kadri, and I love him a lot, I never saw in him, 3rd in scoring, past the halfway point in the NHL...

I thought it was a half way decent trade in terms of a hockey trade what we got back for Naz..So, no complaint by me then, and none now..

Let me tell you this, as well as grabbing Hyman, which I thought was dumb cap wise, I could see Edmonton taking a stab at Micheyev....

Lol, Micheyev's agent sending out that tweet out of nowhere, was really a douchey move, but NHL players probably would love to have an agent that brassy..

Anyways, good to see Naz and Mason, doing so well.....

If Doobie, hadn't signed the dazzling threesome of Bunting, Kampf and Kase, I think this type of thread would be surrounded by four or five others..

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Terrible trade.

Yup, Dubas found Marchment and signed him as an undrafted free agent. He certainly does have trained eye for talent. No one else saw that he had potential except Dubas. I think he had a good game the other night.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yup, Dubas found Marchment and signed him as an undrafted free agent. He certainly does have trained eye for talent. No one else saw that he had potential except Dubas. I think he had a good game the other night.
What’s the theory on letting him go then?

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
What’s the theory on letting him go then?
Marchment was an undrafted FA PTO, that wasn't even close to a ppg in his 3 seasons in our farm system. In his 4 game stint with the Leafs, he looked like he couldn't keep up with the pace of play and was very unmemorable other than 1 hit that he threw. He was 24 when we traded him and looked like he wasn't going to be anything more than a 4th liner. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shite. There was nothing to indicate otherwise.

Could we have used a tough big body in our lineup or what he is doing now? Sure but the way he looked with us didn't even look better than what we have in Simmonds now. Some guys are just late bloomers and come out of nowhere. Could we have held onto him longer and kept developing him? Sure.

Malgin wasn't exactly what we needed in our lineup seeing as we had plenty of small skilled players but he had really good potential and was younger than Marchment. What if Malgin had been a late bloomer like Fiala? It was a worth while gamble to make that trade for a guy that was looking at the time like nothing more than an AHL call up to the 4th line. Fiala still has time to be that late bloomer like Marchment and had more potential in the first place and had at least been around a ppg player in his short time in the AHL.

Reactions: Super Mega

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Wasn't he super slow and probably wouldn't fit in anywhere in our system outside of the 4th line? Also, who is driving that line? Right now he is playing with Reinhart and Lundell, I am going to go out on a limb and say he isn't the best or second-best player on the line.

Why are we pretending like this is the new norm for him? He has more NHL games as a mediocre player than as a good one.

Here are some other fun stats
PDO of 112
on-ice save % of 95
on-ice shooting % of 17
Those are all insanely high.

Not a large enough sample size to say this is anything more than puck luck.
When 1 of every 6 pucks your line shoots goes into the net, you are going to be racking up some points.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dubas didn’t find Marchment , Shanny did a favour to his buddy and signed his kid .

Still very surprised Marvhment is a regular NHL’er never mind having the season he’s having .

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Dubas didn’t find Marchment , Shanny did a favour to his buddy and signed his kid .

Still very surprised Marvhment is a regular NHL’er never mind having the season he’s having .
Sure he did. He invited him to development camp for two years and signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad