Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
There will be another thread for LA kings second pairing (Bjornfot-Durzi) if we don't win a playoff round. I don't think they expected no playoff wins by 2023 when they made that trade.

Then another for Trevor Moore if Campbell never wakes up. Who cares if he saved the regular season last year if he doesn't regain form, the ending was a disaster making the whole year pointless.

Seth Jarvis thread should be coming soon as the Marleau/Kapanen/Johnsson asset management is a grade of F.

Travis Konecny will pop up as soon as Dermott is traded for scraps.

Whoever thinks Kerfoot is a win needs to consider we got beat by the Habs, so it's fine if Kadri got suspended last season and we roll with him again.

Carson Ceulemans (sp?) better bust.

Maybe we should just stop trading lol. Hyman win was so long ago.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
practically nobody was saying it was a bad trade at the time, so ye, can we just stop with the dubas sucks stuff like 2 years later? lol. these things happen on occasion. like mckegg for hyman happened for us, with the exact same team.
That’s nonsense.
We traded away the only big bodied prospect in the system for another tony perimeter winger who was already busting. It was garbage then and a steaming pile of crap now

Reactions: TML1990 and geo25

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
That’s nonsense.
We traded away the only big bodied prospect in the system for another tony perimeter winger who was already busting. It was garbage then and a steaming pile of crap now
show me where u said it was nonsense back then.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
There were concerns about the trade at the time. A lot that said Dubas wouldn't add toughness (not really true), but there were questions.

Personally I liked Marchment, but wasn't sure how he fit in long term. He's probably a better fit today given how we've changed our roster than back then.

Reactions: axlrose87

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Sorry that I didn’t write it down.
But trading away a piece that is unique in your organization (size) and trading it for something you have boat loads of (small skill) never made any sense.
Only Dubas soldiers would suggest otherwise.
It was a horrible trade made by a gm who has not done well in the trade department.
Even the muzzin trade is staring to look crappy now

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
But trading away a piece that is unique in your organization (size) and trading it for something you have boat loads of (small skill) never made any sense.
It was a horrible trade made by a gm who has not done well in the trade department.
unique in what way? he was big? he certainly wasnt unique by being a productive player(he wasnt). anyone who says they saw this coming is being disingenuous.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Good for the player, glad to see he is able to play well. More talent in the NHL is a good thing. Sad, it has to be used as a negative against the team that traded him.

Leafs are playing well, but not perfect, they will never be perfect can get over it or keep searching for stuff to bitch about

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
unique in what way? he was big? he certainly wasnt unique by being a productive player(he wasnt). anyone who says they saw this coming is being disingenuous.
He never got a chance in toronto. He got his chance in Florida.
It should have been Toronto. It made no sense to acquire malgin. No matter how you look at it.

Reactions: geo25

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
If he stayed, maybe the emergence of Engvall would not have happened. Toronto gave him four years to prove he should be on the big club and he didn't.

With the current roster, would he actually get a spot? Probably not.

Can't we be happy that a player who didn't work out here is working out somewhere else?

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I really find it hard to be upset about this one even if I didn't love the deal. There was nothing we ever saw to indicate that Marchment could play like this. If I was going to be upset about a Florida player flourishing it would be Verhaege because we gave up on a young player for seemingly no reason. [Even then, I think FLA is Verhaege's fourth organization]. Marchment was older when traded and had not shown how good he might become.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
If he stayed, maybe the emergence of Engvall would not have happened. Toronto gave him four years to prove he should be on the big club and he didn't.

Can't we be happy that a player who didn't work out here is working out somewhere else?
if the team could give Vessey last year and Ritchie this year an extended look then there was room to give Marchment one as well

i have no idea why some people have an obsessive need to try to spin every move as a positive , it's truly f***ing mind blowing the shit people will invent to try to defend a bad move

also every f***ing GM makes bad moves incredibly even Dubas as hard as it is for some people to believe

Last edited:

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021

There is no freaking way they gave Marchment the same chances they gave Engvall. Get real man. How many times did Engvall disappear and they turn a blind eye and just let him float around. "gave him 4 years" what a joke lol. When Marchment is finally ready for games they traded him.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Team is running around a 120 point pace and churning out players left, right and centre and you couldn't possibly fabricate enough cheese for all the whine in this place.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
His size wasn't unique, but his physical play was. Engvall and Mik both fill a similar big, left handed, forechecking role in a different way. Marchment is the only one who punishes you, but he can't keep up with the pace the other two set.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
His size wasn't unique, but his physical play was. Engvall and Mik both fill a similar big, left handed, forechecking role in a different way. Marchment is the only one who punishes you, but he can't keep up with the pace the other two set.

Still waiting to see this pace when the games actually get tough. Engvall and Mik are not clear wins over Moore and Marchment. Jury still out and the battle begins now that all 4 are full time NHLers. I personally would go with Marchment and Moore because Mik and Engvall dont play with intensity in the playoffs.

*so many m's I don't know where Moore came from, but we can make it a 2 on 2 battle for fun moving forward lol

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Still waiting to see this pace when the games actually get tough. Engvall and Mik are not clear wins over Moore and Marchment. Jury still out and the battle begins now that all 4 are full time NHLers. I personally would go with Marchment and Moore because Mik and Engvall dont play with intensity in the playoffs.

*so many m's I don't know where Moore came from, but we can make it a 2 on 2 battle for fun moving forward lol

Though it's not as if Moore or Marchment have any track record in the NHL post season either.

Ultimately these guys are all depth players who can be viewed somewhat interchangeably.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

I think you're confusing pace with impact.

Engvall and Mik forecheck like Marchment can't. They close gaps, cutoff lanes and eliminate space quicker. It's their skillet

They can't and don't finish checks the way he does, battle infront or intimidate. He plays a heavier game. They play a quicker game.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I think you're confusing pace with impact.

Engvall and Mik forecheck like Marchment can't. They close gaps, cutoff lanes and eliminate space quicker. It's their skillet

They can't and don't finish checks the way he does, battle infront or intimidate. He plays a heavier game. They play a quicker game.

I don't really care about checks. Key word was intensity. I trust Moore and Marchment more in that department especially since they are showing they are capable of depth points too

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don't really care about checks. Key word was intensity. I trust Moore and Marchment more in that department especially since they are showing they are capable of depth points too
So when you said you were still waiting for that pace what did you mean?

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
So when you said you were still waiting for that pace what did you mean?

I agree with your definition of pace. And I agree with Mik and Engvall doing those things. What I don't agree with is that they always do it. They disappear when opponents ramp up the intensity. I lost a lot of faith in them watching them play soft in the jackets and habs series. A lot of one hand on the stick forechecks that also creep up in the regular season such as when Rangers came out strong in period 2 and 3 the other day, losing almost every board battle. It's common in all games like that. Just using your legs to close gaps isn't going to cut it in the playoffs. I just personally think Moore and Marchment are better options as far as winning cups are concerned. I'm willing to be won over still though by mik and engvall

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I agree with your definition of pace. And I agree with Mik and Engvall doing those things. What I don't agree with is that they always do it. They disappear when opponents ramp up the intensity. I lost a lot of faith in them watching them play soft in the jackets and habs series. A lot of one hand on the stick forechecks that also creep up in the regular season such as when Rangers came out strong in period 2 and 3 the other day, losing almost every board battle. It's common in all games like that. Just using your legs to close gaps isn't going to cut it in the playoffs. I just personally think Moore and Marchment are better options as far as winning cups are concerned. I'm willing to be won over still though by mik and engvall
Feels like you're throwing a lot out here and I understand preferring another style than what they bring. I wouldn't say they disappear in those situations, the Habs struggled to generate and same with CLB in part because of their approach. At the end of the day, we lost and we'll wonder if another alternative would have changed the outcome (it didn't with Moore)

Ultimately my point was size is something we had in system, grit wasn't for Marchment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad