Confirmed Trade: [TOR/DAL] Chris Tanev for Max Ellis, 2026 7th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Lmao. Mods on this website are too funny.

I’m not a global mod - I have no influence here or on your boards. Outside of NYR I’m just a regular poster, and I’m not flaming you guys or speaking anything but my honest opinion, which is that a large, large number of Leafs posters act like they’ve been personally wronged by almost every thread posted on HF. There is a persecution complex, likely rooted in decades of failure, not unlike my own Rangers. It’s not a good look from our fans, and it isn’t from yours either. Calling a spade a spade - in this case, calling Tanev a nearly 35 injury prone defensive Dman with a ton of miles and wear and tear on him a liability to give any significant combination of term and cap to, isn’t “being a leaf hater”. It’s a rational observation; the player is getting older, has an injury history, has a ton of miles on him and plays a game that requires him to continue taking punishment to be effective. It’s when people call making the observation “Leaf hating” that I say the fan base has a complex. I would HATE for NYR to give Tanev term, though I like the player.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Who is trying to impress anyone? You know what, I'll be the bigger person and move on here. You are clearly unhinged when it comes to the Leafs (for whatever reason being a Rangers fan living in Dallas? I don't get it).

Lived in NY for 30 of the 37 years I’ve been alive? Moved to Dallas for career reasons? Not that crazy. Unhinged? Very loose definition of that word. Appreciate you moving along though.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Its totally idiotic to think LTIR is a long term strategy when negotiating contracts.
It is. People are acting like the Leafs just casually LTIR overpaid players all the time, while everyone except (maybe) Robidas who has been LTIR'd by them has actually been too injured to continue their careers.

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
You should probably look at getting out of the first round before talking about other teams.

Hopefully you guys can fluke your way to round 2 one of these years.
Maybe Leafs don’t get lucky like the Oilers to face a team that loses both the starter and the back up goalies? Tanev is a warrior and will definitely help the Leafs make it further, though they still need to add to the roster

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
This is what Brad does. Sign players to long term deals once they are on the down side of their careers.

See James Neal or Troy Brouwer, or Huberdeau.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Just like clockwork, the season is over and there back....

Can someone explain to me the difference between trading for a player for maybe a 1/3 of a season and a playoff run to signing a player long term...:sarcasm:

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Put him in bubble wrap for the regular season, then just pray that he can get through the playoffs without getting knocked out of the lineup.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I don't think that Tanev helps them go further in the playoffs when the high paid offence can't score in the playoffs. Tanev is fine in the vaccuum but I think that Tre is dumb and so is Shanny.

No player is taking us further if the core doesn't produce. But this is to help Rielly. He had his best post season ever with Schenn playing shutdown D and letting him do his thing. Rielly smoked Tampa.

This is a similar thing. Let Rielly be himself and be confident the defensive end is being taken care of

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I wonder what it feels like to be the random player thrown into a deal like this...where your team traded you for nothing but the rights to talk to some other dude.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad