Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
We were the one chasing the game. It makes sense that our key players should play a lot more than usual.

When you are chasing the game usually your opponents would play their defensive players more and vice versa for our team.

Lol and that looks fine to you?

yes, you are correct and so Babcock does play his star players more when chasing a game but just not enough to your liking, so, therefore, he is a bad, bad coach and should be replaced :rolleyes:

Reactions: egd27

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hey guys, disgruntled Avs fan wondering what exactly we're getting in Rosen? Congrats on the solid trade.

By all accounts he’s a really good prospect and has done everything he could in the minors. . He’s only played a handful of games in the NHL so we don’t know what he’ll be but he’s ready to play.

I hated to see him go and I hope he has a long productive career.

Reactions: Perratrooper

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hey guys, disgruntled Avs fan wondering what exactly we're getting in Rosen? Congrats on the solid trade.

Good skater. Solid puck skill and can move the puck. Questionable defensively and a little iffy if he's got upside left. Should be a steady bottom pairing defenseman at least I think. His cap hit is perfect to find out for the next couple seasons.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

At the NHL level nobody knows

He skates very well, he's got strong offensive instincts, can run a PP, his shots good and he can jump up into the play, defensively he's so so

I think he's probably a serviceable bottom pair type at the NHL level, nothing special but can do a job

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

He's got a pretty good list of features. He can skate, has size, moves the puck, produces points and is a pretty complete package at the AHL level. He would seen more time with the Leafs but he was injured, so we didn't really get a look at him in the NHL, and when we did he was just coming off that injury.

He's 25, so the potential isn't very high, but he should be able to play.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
By all accounts he’s a really good prospect and has done everything he could in the minors. . He’s only played a handful of games in the NHL so we don’t know what he’ll be but he’s ready to play.

I hated to see him go and I hope he has a long productive career.

Good skater. Solid puck skill and can move the puck. Questionable defensively and a little iffy if he's got upside left. Should be a steady bottom pairing defenseman at least I think. His cap hit is perfect to find out for the next couple seasons.

At the NHL level nobody knows

He skates very well, he's got strong offensive instincts, can run a PP, his shots good and he can jump up into the play, defensively he's so so

I think he's probably a serviceable bottom pair type at the NHL level, nothing special but can do a job

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear he can skate, as long as he can be a decent #6 dman with a bit of upside to be a #5 I think I'm more okay with the trade. I personally am not a big fan of Kerfoot and am glad to see him go, but Barrie stings to lose.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Is Ceci aggressive? He does have good size which is great.... once upon a time Sens fans were saying Ceci was/could be better than Rielly. Short lived but it was discussed.

God speed with Ceci. Yes I know what you're thinking, he did turn the puck over to a guy without his stick.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear he can skate, as long as he can be a decent #6 dman with a bit of upside to be a #5 I think I'm more okay with the trade. I personally am not a big fan of Kerfoot and am glad to see him go, but Barrie stings to lose.

You'll probably enjoy Kadri quite a bit. He can disappear sometimes in terms of production and effectiveness but when he's on --- he's on.

As for Kerfoot, I wouldn't expect him to a Maple Leaf for a long time, so we're fine with the added depth for the year or two he'll give us.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He's no longer a good player Daisy, I've got nothing but respect for the guys career but he's been falling off for years, even before we signed him and now he's replacement level

Father time always wins

well, i know people like throwing the word "plug" around these parts - I just personally feel, Marleau is not one. Even if Father Time smacked him in the fact (like it tends to do), it doesn't make him a plug.

thank you

While I don't think he's as "bad" as he was this year, do you think he'll be "better" next year? At age 40 when the season starts? I love the guy, but that seems like a reach to me.

i don't know if he'll be better, like again I think a good chunk of it was time, not working well w/Matthews, and probably being overworked. (some of it his own doing). but again calling him a "Plug." i feel is rather harsh.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Kerfoot should be put into a fairly favorable situation here, he's got speed and likes to pass which suits the fast shoot first 3rd liners we have, I don't mind him with our team makeup, I certainly think he suits us more play style and usage wise than what you guys needed

I think it's a good trade for everybody, Kadri is going to be great for you guys, he's a bloody good player and is really going to make you guys deeper offensively with a bit of an edge

Reactions: Havoc

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Kerfoot should be put into a fairly favorable situation here, he's got speed and likes to pass which suits the fast shoot first 3rd liners we have, I don't mind him with our team makeup, I certainly think he suits us more play style and usage wise than what you guys needed

I think it's a good trade for everybody, Kadri is going to be great for you guys, he's a bloody good player and is really going to make you guys deeper offensively with a bit of an edge

Yeah, Kadri feels like a real good fit there.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Kadri on time with Leafs: 'I wouldn't change that experience for anything' - TSN.ca
Nazem Kadri knew for a while he might get caught in the trade winds swirling around the salary cap-squeezed Maple Leafs.

That doesn't make his departure any easier.

The veteran centre was dealt by Toronto to the Colorado Avalanche on Monday night in a four-player deal that saw defenceman Tyson Barrie go the other way.

"It's tough," Kadri said on a conference call Tuesday. "Toronto's been home. I've experienced a lot of great experiences and some not so good, and battled a lot of adversity.

"The fans have been amazing to me ... it's hard."

The 28-year-old said what he's most proud of when reflecting on his decade with the Leafs is how the team grew from bottom-feeder to contender.

"Just watching the evolution, it was amazing," he said. "I was there when we were one of the worst teams in the league. To transition to one of the best, it's been a long process. "

Kadri's disappointment at leaving the franchise that drafted him seventh overall in 2009, nurtured him during tough times, and one he helped get back to respectability and beyond shouldn't be taken as a slight against his new team.

Quite the opposite.

"It wasn't really my first choice," he said of being traded. "But at the end of the day the Colorado Avalanche are going to be contenders for many, many years to come."

"That makes this a lot easier."

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
You'll probably enjoy Kadri quite a bit. He can disappear sometimes in terms of production and effectiveness but when he's on --- he's on.

As for Kerfoot, I wouldn't expect him to a Maple Leaf for a long time, so we're fine with the added depth for the year or two he'll give us.

I think you might be surprised with Kerfoot, I could see him fitting in very well on our 3rd line with his speed and IQ with guys like Kapanen to pass the puck to

Yeah, Kadri feels like a real good fit there.

He's going to make them a genuine cup threat imo

A McKinnon Kadri one two punch up the middle is going to be tough sledding for anybody playing them

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Totally agree, I think putting a winger like Kap with him would do a lot of favors for his confidence and really help him shine, but I wouldn't want to rely on him in playoffs as he tends to go completely invisible at times and often can be disengaged.

Reactions: Kiwi

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Whichever one of them is on the weak side?

You talk about them like they've never defended a 2-on-1 in their lives, and run around the defensive end like Atom AA players.

You talk like you've never played a game of hockey in your life, you can't have to offensively minded defenceman on the same pair and not get burned consistently.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
in game 6 ...

• 24 shifts - 17:59TOI - Bergeron
  • ~
  • 28 shifts - 20:07TOI - Matthews
  • 24 shifts - 21:06TOI - Tavares
  • 29 shifts - 21:17TOI - Mitch
  • 26 shifts - 18:45TOI - Willie
  • 25shifts - 17:25TOI - Kappy

You're presenting a limited sample size. And really, it goes beyond ice time. I think most people that watched the entire series would agree that Babcock did not deploy his lineup accordingly, especially in crunch time. Individual errors were obviously part of it, but I don't believe Babcock adapted enough to give the team the best chance to win.

I used to defend him, but last season proved to me that Babs is too rigid for his own good. When it gets to the point that most fans can point out the obvious flaws in his game plan and he still refuses to adjust, there's a problem.

Reactions: dsred

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
well, i know people like throwing the word "plug" around these parts - I just personally feel, Marleau is not one. Even if Father Time smacked him in the fact (like it tends to do), it doesn't make him a plug.

thank you

i don't know if he'll be better, like again I think a good chunk of it was time, not working well w/Matthews, and probably being overworked. (some of it his own doing). but again calling him a "Plug." i feel is rather harsh.

While I agree with you, I think it is just semantics. We all know he wasnt worth his contract and most posters would consider him close to a replacement level player at this point in his career.

The word plug is probably too strong according to my take of what a plug is, but some people might just mean a plug to be a replaceable player.

The only way we would miss Marleau is if our locker room went to shit. His play was almost never noticeable this year and he needs to be with a good playmaker to be anything decent offensive wise IMO.

As for this trade, I dont know enough about kerfoot to talk about his value, but I am excited we picked up a guy who is a legit top pairing RHD in Barrie. I love Kadri as a player and think he would still be here if he had not lost his cool this year and got suspended again. He is a great player though and gives COL some much needed C depth. Give him a playmaking winger and decent PP minutes and he can be a 60pt 2 way player. COL gets their ROR replacement a few years later.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Totally agree, I think putting a winger like Kap with him would do a lot of favors for his confidence and really help him shine, but I wouldn't want to rely on him in playoffs as he tends to go completely invisible at times and often can be disengaged.

Hopefully we shouldn't have to, he should be on the 3rd line unless something unforseen happens, just chip in, don't suck and give the puck to the wings

You guys better look after Kadri, he's a real heart and soul guy and will give you guys a great 1 2 punch up the middle
The Av's are going to be one scary ass team

Reactions: kb and Perratrooper

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Who is Kadri likely to play with? Any chance you guys break up the big line, and he gets to play with Landeskog or Rantenen?

Landeskog and Kadri seems like it would be an awful line to play against.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Who is Kadri likely to play with? Any chance you guys break up the big line, and he gets to play with Landeskog or Rantenen?

I can't speak for all Avs fans, but I'm hoping Sakic signs Ferland in which case I see our lines being:
Ferland-MacKinnon-Rantenen
Landeskog-Kadri-Jost
Burakovsky-Compher-Donskoi
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

But that's a high hope. I feel Kadri will be playing with Jost and Donskoi when it all shapes up

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I can't speak for all Avs fans, but I'm hoping Sakic signs Ferland in which case I see our lines being:
Ferland-MacKinnon-Rantenen
Landeskog-Kadri-Jost
Burakovsky-Compher-Donskoi
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

But that's a high hope. I feel Kadri will be playing with Jost and Donskoi when it all shapes up

Damn that's a nice top six. I wouldn't trade ours for it, but that'll do ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad