Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I like the trade for the leafs but man I'm going to miss the hell out of Naz. I wish him all the best in Colorado

He and Mitch played with the most heart during the playoffs.

I wish him luck in Colorado. Hopefully he continues to lay guys flat on their bums from time-to-time, draws penalties, and scores timely goals on the PP.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I don’t really care much about highlight packages; Ceci’s not terrible because he’s made a few atrocious gaffs, he’s terrible because his performance has been terrible

Has it really been all that terrible, though?

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017
Has it really been all that terrible, though?

Yes, it’s been atrocious.

He’s played very difficult minutes, but there’s no guarantee his performance improves in easier minutes; Ceci’s going to have to be sheltered. Frankly, the only way I can see him having any semblance of success is if he plays on the third pairing and babs deploys said pairing in the same manner he did 2 years ago.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
well, i know people like throwing the word "plug" around these parts - I just personally feel, Marleau is not one. Even if Father Time smacked him in the fact (like it tends to do), it doesn't make him a plug.

thank you

i don't know if he'll be better, like again I think a good chunk of it was time, not working well w/Matthews, and probably being overworked. (some of it his own doing). but again calling him a "Plug." i feel is rather harsh.
You’re right. He was just overplayed for his skill set at this point. Hed be a Reliable’s fourth liner. Some people just need someone to blame

Reactions: Menzinger

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Most are thinking this type of video can be made with any defender in the NHL.
Like shots he tried to block and went off him in the net is his fault? Or an attempted rush that got stood up on the redline? Half of that was routine plays for every player in the league lol

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
When's the last time we've had a right shot defenseman who could make a clean first pass? Feels like forever

So excited to see Barrie in a leafs uniform!

Reactions: qqaz and SAMCRO44

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Its expected Thornton and Marleau will sign 1 year deals with the Sharks soon.

They needed to sort out Meier and Labanc to see how much money they could give them

It would be really annoying if Sharks gave him significantly more than league minimum after we paid a premium to clear out his full salary.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
When's the last time we've had a right shot defenseman who could make a clean first pass? Feels like forever

So excited to see Barrie in a leafs uniform!
I think the last one was Cody Franson(and he wasn’t very good at anything else). It’s amazing it’s been half a decade since he wore the Blue and White.

I’m most excited about our power play. By eliminating Marleau and adding Barrie it just got worlds better.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I can't speak for all Avs fans, but I'm hoping Sakic signs Ferland in which case I see our lines being:
Ferland-MacKinnon-Rantenen
Landeskog-Kadri-Jost
Burakovsky-Compher-Donskoi
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

But that's a high hope. I feel Kadri will be playing with Jost and Donskoi when it all shapes up

Pretty sure Avs will be no.2 favorite team for a lot of Leafs fans now. I'll definitely be tuning in.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I can't speak for all Avs fans, but I'm hoping Sakic signs Ferland in which case I see our lines being:
Ferland-MacKinnon-Rantenen
Landeskog-Kadri-Jost
Burakovsky-Compher-Donskoi
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

But that's a high hope. I feel Kadri will be playing with Jost and Donskoi when it all shapes up

Nah, keep Landy with Mack and Rantanen. Ferland-Kadri-Jost is more than good enough.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Not sure why should we bother

I meant if Sharks end up giving him, say, $3M, then that would mean we could have waited till after July 1, paid 1.5M bonus, and traded him to Carolina to retain 50% and send him to the Sharks. That way, Carolina is covering $3M of cap and ~$1.4M of real dollars, and maybe we only give up a second, or give up a first but get a second back.

Obviously, Sharks weren't ready to commit to Marleau at the time because they were still hoping to sign Pavelski, and Dubas was smart not to take the chance that there would be a way to move him post-buyout period. So it makes sense, just bugs me how thins worked out even if it shouldn't.

(And probably also bothers me that a guy who has made about 100M and played at replacement level last year can walk into another (hypothetical at this point) 3M contract, while a guy like Trevor Moore maybe makes that in his whole career.)

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
I don't get why people think Barrie can't defend just because he is an offensive d man. He is such a good skater he can defend just by moving his feet. Also, if you watched any west coast playoff hockey he was the best d man in both the series he played. (I live in the west coast and actually watch).

Can't wait to see him snapping pucks tape to tape. Im so excited :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad