Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
What’s their corsi etc comparable, I’ve really liked kerfoots defensive game as well.

Add in Barrie and wow it’s not even close. Hopefully we can resign him

It is early yet but:

Advanced stats look about the same, but I haven't seen tonight's games added yet. Kadri got a lot more PP time though in his first game.

Reactions: Eye Test

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Quite possibly the worst 'compliment' ever written. I guess he did good things, but he's bad at other things, maybe he's lucky at doing some good things, congrats on being mostly bad but also doing one good thing.
Well, what do you want me to talk about this player?

That he took a really dumb penalty in the offensive zone that turned the game around?

That he is not the type of player the coach likes, but pretty obvious the coach has to play him above others on the team who may be more deserving, simply because the GM sure went out of his way to bring him to Toronto.

That the player has great advanced stats because he's always on the perimeter? Cannot make a move with the puck to beat anybody.

To be honest, I never heard of this player Kerfoot, apparently he's been in the league for years. Only heard about him because Kadri is out and he's in to replace him.

The Leafs used to have 3 legitimate scoring lines, now they got only two.

This is not Kerfoot's fault. He is what he is.

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

Reactions: Leafling

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
That poster is the weirdest poster on our board, I dont remember the last time I actually understood what they were trying to get across. The weird emojis don't help.
Well, I am of not the type who would suggest how others should choose to travel through their time on earth. Live and let live.

However, trying to deconstruct the meaning of a little picture at the end of a post, that is really taking this place too seriously.

:dunce:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Lol our 3rd line is better than last years. Kadri is the most overrated player which is why I wanted him traded.
1. Kerfoot has been pretty underwhelming so far.

2. Kerfoot was expected to be pretty underwhelming.

3. Does this mean Dubas won the trade? I think if Mr. Ballard was still with us, he would say 'yes'.

:dunno:

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017

That he took a really dumb penalty in the offensive zone that turned the game around?

That he is not the type of player the coach likes, but pretty obvious the coach has to play him above others on the team who may be more deserving, simply because the GM sure went out of his way to bring him to Toronto.

That the player has great advanced stats because he's always on the perimeter? Cannot make a move with the puck to beat anybody.

To be honest, I never heard of this player Kerfoot, apparently he's been in the league for years. Only heard about him because Kadri is out and he's in to replace him.

Only 2 legitimate scoring lines?

How many points did the 3rd line get last night?

What an awful take.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

3. Does this mean Dubas won the trade? I think if Mr. Ballard was still with us, he would say 'yes'.

Top 3 lines scoring so far this year:

The Matthews Line: 6g 2a 8pts +3
The Tavares Line: 2g 6a 8pts -6
The Kerfoot Line: 4g 5a 9pts +5

PS the game had already turned around before Petry's dive. And it wasn't Kerfoot who threw his stick at Petry to give Petry the penalty shot that tied the game.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Only 2 legitimate scoring lines?

How many points did the 3rd line get last night?

What an awful take.
Don't expect any take to be anything but this.....the capacity to see and understand hockey isn't there. But he does emojis well!!

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Sign Brian Boyle and get rid of this smurf. Watching him with the Avs in the playoffs last year was painful. Nothing has changed.

Grossly undersized, perimeter player, who doesn’t understand situational hockey and makes poor decisions with the puck. He is a fringe NHLer. He can’t fill Kadris role.

Reactions: Koolboss

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Sign Brian Boyle and get rid of this smurf. Watching him with the Avs in the playoffs last year was painful. Nothing has changed.

Grossly undersized, perimeter player, who doesn’t understand situational hockey and makes poor decisions with the puck. He is a fringe NHLer. He can’t fill Kadris role.

Kadri’s role was being under-utilized so ya, he probably won’t fill that role. I don’t agree about him being a perimeter player though, I think he’s a tough smaller dude from what I’ve seen so far.

I don’t really watch the Avs closely so I’m not going to comment on any of his play with them. Fresh start as far as I’m concerned and in those 3 games I’m happy.

edit: not sure you understand what fringe NHL player means...

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

Well now it all makes sense. You’re just willfully ignorant

Reactions: kb

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

Why are you purposefully ignoring the 1st pair RHD we got along with Kerfoot? You realize it was 2 nhl players for one in that trade so of course there is going to be some kind of drop off in talent level at one position. Imagine that trade doesn’t happen and now Rosen is in our line up vs Barrie, woof

Reactions: kb and supermann_98

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Kadri's play last year is extremely easy to replace. It's early but so far Kerfoot is an upgrade

Reactions: Eye Test and kb

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka

Lol, he 'd get 60 points if he played LW on either of our top 2 lines.

He is a very smart, two way center who can fly!

Undersized a bit, but in the rights spots in both zones.

Good hands, more of a play maker... Bozak 2.0 as a center...

We may have the best 3rd line in hockey right now!

Reactions: kb and supermann_98

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
In a cap world Kadri was a luxury we couldn’t afford.

If we can extend Barrie, we win this trade.

When we are healthy, I am really interested to se what a 3rd line of Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen does. They would be tenacious, with speed to burn and able to bury more than their fair share of chances.

Right now, all of our top 3 forward lines are in limbo until Hyman comes back and I think it’s only a matter of time until Mikheyev is put up in the lineup for his Hyman-esque qualities.

Reactions: kb and Leafling

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Why are you purposefully ignoring the 1st pair RHD we got along with Kerfoot? You realize it was 2 nhl players for one in that trade so of course there is going to be some kind of drop off in talent level at one position. Imagine that trade doesn’t happen and now Rosen is in our line up vs Barrie, woof

Of course he is. And, even more hilariouly, the Av fans are trying to pretend that the trade was straight Barrie for Kadri. This is what one of them says in order for the leafs to win the trade is:

"The Leafs either need to re-sign him (Barrie) or win the Cup this year."

One can only imagine that some think that getting a 3rd line center as well who is (at least at this point in the season) has proven more value than Kadri is equal to Rosen, who couldn't even crack the Avs defense (which is without both Barrie and Ian Cole.) at 25.

Reactions: kb

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Is our fanbase still comparing both players? The key trade pieces were Barrie 1yr 50% retained for Kadri 3yrs.

Kerfoot is never going to have the upside of playing as our 2nd line when required. He is a decent player and we should just treat him as such. Kadri on the other hand will be forming the very imp 2nd line for Avs.
In other words, Kadri having a bad season for Avs will matter much more than if Kerfoot has a bad season for us. Same for Barrie and Rosen.

I hope we can sign Barrie next year cause otherwise this deal might look really bad with Calle Rosen and Kadri both easily playing for the Avs next few years while we would only have Kerfoot at only 1 mil saved in cap space.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Lol, he 'd get 60 points if he played LW on either of our top 2 lines.

He is a very smart, two way center who can fly!

Undersized a bit, but in the rights spots in both zones.

Good hands, more of a play maker... Bozak 2.0 as a center...

We may have the best 3rd line in hockey right now!

Took us 3 games to get a comparison to the current Stanley cup champs! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad