Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
lol

states terrible opinion

accuses another team of being terrible fans

Meh.

If you don’t think the leafs were heavy favourites if they won that Bruins series you don’t know much about hockey.

Home ice the entire way.

All of the remaining teams were trash.

None of them could match Matthews, Tavares and Kadri down the middle.

Last year was their year.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Meh.

If you don’t think the leafs were heavy favourites if they won that Bruins series you don’t know much about hockey.

Home ice the entire way.

All of the remaining teams were trash.

None of them could match Matthews, Tavares and Kadri down the middle.

Last year was their year.

I'm confident we'd have made the Finals. There I think St. Louis might've taken the whole thing. Could've used the experience though. But hey, it was more important to keep Matthews, Tavares, et al rested and fresh for... off-season training I guess.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'm confident we'd have made the Finals. There I think St. Louis might've taken the whole thing. Could've used the experience though. But hey, it was more important to keep Matthews, Tavares, et al rested and fresh for... off-season training I guess.

That’s another good point, because of the suspension there’s still that cloud over the leafs of not being able to beat Boston or advancing etc, all unnecessary.

If people go back and watch Boston this year, they weren’t even that good in the series against us, but the combination of the Kadri suspension, penalty kill and game 7 Andersen was enough for them to punch through.

They weren’t playing that great from that round onwards either, just played some crap teams.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Kerfoot has looked like expected so far. Good playmaker, very smart, kind of soft, and good defensively.

I think people equate good defense to breaking up plays in the defensive zone way, way too much. Defense starts from the moment the opposing team gains control of the puck in their zone. Kerfoot has been very good at killing space in the neutral zone, which has resulted in more than a few turnovers right around their blueline. As I've said before, the best defenders aren't the ones that do good things when the puck gets to dangerous areas of the ice, they are the ones that make sure the puck never gets there to begin with. Neutral zone defense is a key there, but something as simple as good stick positioning can turn a dangerous pass into nothing as it takes away the option.

The latter was always a big part of Gardiner's defense. He could keep up with anyone while maintaining good stick positioning, cutting off dangerous passing lanes and funneling play into areas that benefited us.

The former is the basis of what has made Bergeron so effective all these years. He's the best defensive forward of the era because whatever the puck carrier does, Bergeron takes away his most dangerous option first and foremost, and he does this basically all the time.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Kerfoot was really good. Better than I'd expected. Very nifty with the puck. Barrie was both really good and had some really bad moments.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He says he used his 'no trade' when the Leafs said they had a deal to trade him to Calgary, but still didn't realize they were trying to trade him until he was told he'd been traded to the AVS.

There's a difference between being in one trade and being in two. The chance to get younger, more cap efficient and have better contract control, along with an upgrade on the blueline in one deal, was an opportunity difficult to pass on. He would of course also address a need for Calgary and Colorado.

Reactions: kb

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He says he used his 'no trade' when the Leafs said they had a deal to trade him to Calgary, but still didn't realize they were trying to trade him until he was told he'd been traded to the AVS.

Yea and that he almost accepted the Calgary one. Had he known that the leafs had him line up for Colorado too, I wonder if he had accepted the Calgary trade.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
There's a difference between being in one trade and being in two. The chance to get younger, more cap efficient and have better contract control, along with an upgrade on the blueline in one deal, was an opportunity difficult to pass on. He would of course also address a need for Calgary and Colorado.
I'd take the Colorado deal from leafs prospective.

Reactions: Buds17 and kb

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think you missed my point. He was told he'd been traded (to Calgary) and nixed it. Then when he was traded to Colorado, he said he didn't know the Leafs were trying to trade him.

Reactions: Buds17

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Well, give Kerfoot kudos for scoring his first goal as a Maple Leafs.

That happened because his positioning was sound, being in the right place at the right time. Moore did all the grunt work and got it to him.

Guess that is this player's strength to be in the right position always.

His weaknesses are kind of obvious too, but hey, he scored his first goal as a Leafs. So let him have that.

:deadhorse

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON

That happened because his positioning was sound, being in the right place at the right time. Moore did all the grunt work and got it to him.

His weaknesses are kind of obvious too, but hey, he scored his first goal as a Leafs. So let him have that.

Quite possibly the worst 'compliment' ever written. I guess he did good things, but he's bad at other things, maybe he's lucky at doing some good things, congrats on being mostly bad but also doing one good thing.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

You're becoming the new Pookie.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Quite possibly the worst 'compliment' ever written. I guess he did good things, but he's bad at other things, maybe he's lucky at doing some good things, congrats on being mostly bad but also doing one good thing.

What on earth did the "beating a dead horse" gif have to do with anything?

Odd post for sure.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Lol. Someday you'll realize you are beating the wrong dead horse.

Reactions: kb and Kurtz

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Yea and that he almost accepted the Calgary one. Had he known that the leafs had him line up for Colorado too, I wonder if he had accepted the Calgary trade.
He had Calgary on his no trade list. At what time do players have to put forward which teams they want on their list?

Because from Leafs perspective (needing a RD) both Calgary and Colorado were decent trading partners.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
So far this year:

Kerfoot 3g 1g 2a 4sh 5h +1
Kadri 2g 0g 0a 4sh 5h +0
What’s their corsi etc comparable, I’ve really liked kerfoots defensive game as well.

Add in Barrie and wow it’s not even close. Hopefully we can resign him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad