Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Someone should tell Nate thinking isn't his strong suite, Kadri has been given ample opportunity and last season was his only one not in the top 6.

Not really, he was given 1 season of good usage in the top-6. All his other seasons were either super-tough usage (shut-down role), or out of the top-6.

IMO Kadri will thrive in normal top-6 usage and fast/skilled line-mates. However, his last season was pretty bad, looked like a real decline.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Not really, he was given 1 season of good usage in the top-6. All his other seasons were either super-tough usage (shut-down role), or out of the top-6.

IMO Kadri will thrive in normal top-6 usage and fast/skilled line-mates. However, his last season was pretty bad, looked like a real decline.

He'll struggle if he's stuck with Jost and Donskoi and doesn't trust them anymore than he did with Marleau and Kapanen/Moore enough to pass the puck to them once in a while.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

He was a good top 6 guy, a really good 2nd line C with good players. I think the heavier his wings the better, not slower, just more aggressive. Too bad how it came to an end here, you know with the obvious fixed officiating in the Boston series leading to a boil over and suspension.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Funny, when I was younger it was always the norm to root against the guy you just traded, but Im seriously cheering for Kadri. He gave it all when he was here, and as controversial of a take as it is, was the only guy who stepped up in that terrible game against the Bruins.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Funny, when I was younger it was always the norm to root against the guy you just traded, but Im seriously cheering for Kadri. He gave it all when he was here, and as controversial of a take as it is, was the only guy who stepped up in that terrible game against the Bruins.

On the radio this morning they were saying that the last time it was so strange seeing a former Leaf in another uniform was Sundin.

He's an emotional guy, I'd say that's his strength and also his weakness. Getting traded always has the potential to be a motivating factor and if he's given a key role again with the Avs, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he played with that emotion again and had a couple of great years there. On the negative side of the emotion ... well, we all know what that led to, hopefully that won't happen with the Avs.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Kadri having any kind of defensive roll is something that's developed over the last couple seasons. Babcock spoke about giving him that kind of responsibility, the media asked him about getting that kind of responsibility, and then we saw him cover McDavid that one time, prior to that it was non-existent. And prior to last season you would have to go back to his 44 game rookie season, to the first part of the year where he played as a 3rd line wing to find him out of the top 6.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
He was a good top 6 guy, a really good 2nd line C with good players. I think the heavier his wings the better, not slower, just more aggressive. Too bad how it came to an end here, you know with the obvious fixed officiating in the Boston series leading to a boil over and suspension.
Fixed officiating? Lol good god. How are you still crying about something so petty. Boston won, it sucks, time to move on

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
He'll struggle if he's stuck with Jost and Donskoi and doesn't trust them anymore than he did with Marleau and Kapanen/Moore enough to pass the puck to them once in a while.

Well tbh I can see why he didn't trust Marleau and Kapanen. Kadri a setup guy, he doesn't put the puck on the platter for someone to shoot and score. Jost and Donskoi don't need him to do that, they like to play a possession gsme too once they're in the offensive ice zone.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Well tbh I can see why he didn't trust Marleau and Kapanen. Kadri a setup guy, he doesn't put the puck on the platter for someone to shoot and score. Jost and Donskoi don't need him to do that, they like to play a possession gsme too once they're in the offensive ice zone.

Cool. Then probably another 40-50pt year for Kadri on a line with 2 guys who's career best NHL points are 26 and 37. That is, however, good enough for a 2nd line on the Avalanche.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Given the need for defense it was a necessary trade but i would have liked to see kadri on tavares lw

Hyman. Matthews. Nylander
Kadri. Tavares. Marner
Johnsson. Spezza. Kapanen
Moore. Goat. Xxxxx

Rielly. Ceci
Muzzin. Dermott
Sandin. Lily

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
We could have actually made the Barrie for Kadri deal and signed Jake Gardiner for less than Cody Ceci.
I value your opinion more than most in this forum.

I don't understand how you're confused about this though.
As mentioned as nauseam, Gardiner wasn't in the long term plans on the left side and he wasn't going to sign a 1 year deal. Heck, he wasn't in the even in the short term plans on the left side either as they already have MR, JM and TD.

If anything, Muzzin is the reason that Jake is gone. The writing was on the wall when we traded for him IMO

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Given the need for defense it was a necessary trade but i would have liked to see kadri on tavares lw

Hyman. Matthews. Nylander
Kadri. Tavares. Marner
Johnsson. Spezza. Kapanen
Moore. Goat. Xxxxx

Rielly. Ceci
Muzzin. Dermott
Sandin. Lily

That would mean Hyman won't be playing on the top line. Babcock does not like change lol

Reactions: hotpaws

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
not only that, he did not waive his no trade clause hoping he could stay in Toronto. He bleeds blue.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
We could have actually made the Barrie for Kadri deal and signed Jake Gardiner for less than Cody Ceci.

Gardiner would surely come with some term though, and we would be better off having that money to go towards resigning Muzzin or Barrie next season.

It would also have us 4-guys deep on the left side(Rielly, Muzzin, Gardiner, Dermott) and basically only Barrie for the right side.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I ant cheer against Naz. Kid grew up in front of our eyes and gave it everything he had.

Still pissed at him for getting his stupid self suspended twice when we needed him, but can’t hate on him and I wish him success.

Our team lost it’s spark plug when he was traded.

Last edited:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I thought Kerfoot and Mikheyev looked good together tonight and could build some very decent chemistry, but they need a better 3rd wheel on that line, perhaps Moore or Agostino would be good options to try out?

Reactions: stickty111

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I thought Kerfoot and Mikheyev looked good together tonight and could build some very decent chemistry, but they need a better 3rd wheel on that line, perhaps Moore or Agostino would be good options to try out?
I thought Kerfoot looked totally lost on the third Sens' goal.

We'll see. That was one play.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

That we knew would happen. Management once again put that roll on his shoulders and got the same result. Boston still laughing at Dubas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad