Proposal: TOR - CHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
3 cups, how many playoff series have the leafs won while the hawks were winning 3 cups?
Not hard to figure out. The Leafs have not been out of the first round since 2004 and the Hawks won their Cups in 2010, 2013 and 2015

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Not hard to figure out. The Leafs have not been out of the first round since 2004 and the Hawks won their Cups in 2010, 2013 and 2015
And while Bowman wasn’t perfect (hardly). I’m fine with selling assets to add cups 2 and 3. That’s some of the reason why the hawks are in this position.
You folks are all claiming top prospects aren’t available. That’s not how winning happens.

Reactions: Pertti

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
And while Bowman wasn’t perfect (hardly). I’m fine with selling assets to add cups 2 and 3. That’s some of the reason why the hawks are in this position.
You folks are all claiming top prospects aren’t available. That’s not how winning happens.
I am not claiming anything about prospects.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
As a stop gap place holder?

Pavel Francouz
Vitek Vanecek
Joonas Korpisalo
Casey DeSmith
Braden Holtby
Mikko Koskinen
Martin Jones
Jack Campbell
David Rittich
Brian Elliott
Anton Forsberg
Anton Khudobin
Jaro Halak

As a longer term solution?

Darcy Kuemper
Ville Husso

Plenty of options and plenty of better ways to spend $3.8 million of their cap and less of an injury track record on pretty much all of them.

And which one of those are you signing/ for how much?

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I'm not saying the Leafs should go after Fleury but why is their over-reaction to their 1st rounder being traded for a known commodity? it's going to be a very late 1st rounder (probably mid to late 20's) and hardly a guarantee of ever even being an NHL regular. We aren't talking a top 10 pick here.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Seems fair.

The only issue is that Chicago would obviously prefer a deal where they don't have to take a player like Mrazek back.

This offer could be beaten by a team that doesn't saddle Chicago with a player like Mrazek.
No team is going to give up a first for fleury without some sort of sweetener added ( considerable) or a bad contract going the other way.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I'm not saying the Leafs should go after Fleury but why is their over-reaction to their 1st rounder being traded for a known commodity? it's going to be a very late 1st rounder (probably mid to late 20's) and hardly a guarantee of ever even being an NHL regular. We aren't talking a top 10 pick here.

They draft once in the first 4th round last season and still have only 2 pick this season. So probably toronto will look to keep his 1st and trade back at the draft to add more pick.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Dubas stated the 1st will only be traded for a player with term, probably a smart move after the Foligno debacle....

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Dubas stated the 1st will only be traded for a player with term, probably a smart move after the Foligno debacle....
that makes sense if he stated that. Sometimes people just overate the value of a last first rounder which could easily be considered a second rounder depending on the strength of a draft.

Reactions: Just a Fan

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Funny how all of these fans of other teams think their teams histories are squeaky clean.
Maple Leaf's present Boss a Classy guy Brendan Shanty Town Shanahan !!! How can anyone take the Leafs serious when this POS is in charge ? KARMA when the boss is such a rotten human being.

Attachments

• shanny.jpg
    shanny.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I would think Fleury at 50 % retention for an expiring contract to make it work for a team like TO, Colorado or Edmonton should return a late 1st

Reactions: Sinbad

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
No team is going to give up a first for fleury without some sort of sweetener added ( considerable) or a bad contract going the other way.

That's why I suggested adding Mrazek. We'd have to move a goalie, Mrazek has 2 more years at 3.8M beyond this season. Late 1st + Mrazek + a late future pick. I don't think it's necessarily a "bad contract" it's about fair value for the level of goaltender he is but we live in a cap world.

Reactions: ER89 and Mrfenn92

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
That's why I suggested adding Mrazek. We'd have to move a goalie, Mrazek has 2 more years at 3.8M beyond this season. Late 1st + Mrazek + a late future pick. I don't think it's necessarily a "bad contract" it's about fair value for the level of goaltender he is but we live in a cap world.
Oh for sure was replying to another poster.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Funny how closely your thoughts align with his.

Have you seen enough of Campbell yet ? Another sub .900 svp game, another loss. Leafs have the worst goaltending percentage in the entire league since January 9th. Do you understand why we desperately need a goaltender, otherwise we're just pissing away another prime year of Matthews for nothing ? Has nothing to do with Simmons and everything to do with using my own eyes to watch games. We have absolute dog shit goaltending and this team will probably get swept if we go into the playoffs with these 2 clowns in net. As I mentioned earlier, doesn't take a genius to figure out this team has the worst goaltending in the league and despite that are still top 3 in the Atlantic.

Acquire a goalie or prepare to get absolutely humiliated once again in the playoffs. This is not a recipe for success. If we have even an average goalie in net, we probably have another 8-10 points and a much stronger team overall. Even if it's not for MAF, goaltending is unquestionably a need.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Fleury would pick where he goes. That’s clear. The idea that Chicago would get themselves in a new scandal by shipping a hof against his will is silly.
He was had for nothing this year. I don’t see how he gets a first as a rental if all it is is retention. Kinda nuts.

Not sure where he would go?

In the east.
Mayyybe Pitt? If that wouldn’t mess with jarry?
Toronto if they could dump mrazek
He said no to Washington

In the west
I don’t see him waiving for Edmonton personally. They aren’t even in a locked in spot. Maybe if that changed.
Minny? Talbot looks bad statistically and they have to go for it.
Vegas? Would he go back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad