Proposal: TOR - CHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The Leafs problems for years has been GK. Full stop. That needs to be addressed if they are to win a round let alone a cup. Each team overvalues their players and that is understood. But if the Hawks are eating that shit Mrazek contract for 2 years it is a 1st +. Don’t care what Leaf’s fans say because Flower walks after this year and we still don’t have to pay that shit contract for 2 years. And a bottom 1st round pick is a crapshoot anyhow.

Riversidesouth Ryan

Dec 23, 2021
Leafs have a major concern in net. We all know Matthews contract is expiring and the Leafs need to make the most of it. Tavares' is only getting older and will decline, I feel like our window to really contend is right now. We cannot afford to waste any more prime years of Matthews/Marner without giving them a good chance to compete/contend for a cup and Matthews is also having a career year. We will most likely be playing Florida/Tampa in the first round and I don't think this current roster, especially goal tending is good enough to get it done against either one. We need to address the blue line as well, but that is pointless without stability in net first.

Proposal is for Fleury, please make counter offers if this does not address Chicago's needs. Dubas needs get a deal for MAF done, we desperately need a goaltender and I'm really not confident going into the playoffs with this tandem.

To Toronto

Fleury with 50% retention (3.5M)

To Chicago

1st rounder (2022 or 2023 CHI choice), 3rd rounder 2024, Mrazek (3.8M)

Is that enough for MAF ? He's 37 and most likely will not re-sign here, pure rental but a good one at that. We'd have to send Mrazek for cap purposes.

I'd have a lot more confidence in a tandem of Fleury/Campbell

EDIT: Changed the 3rd round from 2023 to 2024, as Arizona has the choice between 2023 3rd or 2025 2nd.

If I’m Chicago I want both firsts and the third, they know toronto is not confident with their goaltending. Also winning a Stanley cup is more important then two first round picks in Toronto.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
What about the following? Fleury is a rental, Hagel is on a steal of a contract for this season and the next two. Murphy would be a long term add but could swap for De Haan if you don’t want to add long term cap (obviously would swap Knies for someone else in that case)

:leafs
Fleury (retained)
Murphy
Hagel

:hawks
2022 1st
2023 2nd
Knies
Mrazek
No way Man ! 3 1st rders plus better be heading Hawks way

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Not so sure about that.

Chicago is going to have to get somebody to play goal for them next year. They aren't going to be high on Darcy Kuemper, Pavel Francouz', or even Marc Andre Fleury's list.

There aren't really any goalies out there today on the UFA market that a team like Chicago should be building around... and if all of the mediocre guys on the market want 3+ year deals to go to Chicago, then Mrazek could be an ideal option given that he doesn't have 3 years worth of commitment.

I'm not saying Mrazek has any sort of material value, but he's probably a better option than shopping in UFA for the Hawks.
Let Dubas deal with Dummies like Coyotes. He is screwed If you fail AGAIN in 1st rd

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Honestly, I don't think it's a factor at all -- I think Mrazek might actually be slightly appealing to Chicago.

I don't think anyone on the UFA market this year (other than maybe Campbell) is somebody you want to "hitch onto" for a 3+ year deal. Getting Mrazek for the next 2 and removing the pressure to get a guy with a large quantity of NHL experience before UFA may be appealing.

It's not like they're near the cap, if the Hawks can line up a trade for their future / long term #1 goalie, Mrazek doesn't get in the way of doing that.
Okay a bigger ,better deal Justin Holl Carl Dahlstrom Petr Mrazek 2nd rd pick 1st rd pick Roni Hirvonen and a HUG for Connor Murphy (Hawks pay 50% this yr ) Andrew Shaw (3.9 cap LTR) Marc Andre Fleury (Hawks pay 50%) .

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Okay a bigger ,better deal Justin Holl Carl Dahlstrom Petr Mrazek 2nd rd pick 1st rd pick Roni Hirvonen and a HUG for Connor Murphy (Hawks pay 50% this yr ) Andrew Shaw (3.9 cap LTR) Marc Andre Fleury (Hawks pay 50%) .
Lol….

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The Leafs problems for years has been GK. Full stop. That needs to be addressed if they are to win a round let alone a cup. Each team overvalues their players and that is understood. But if the Hawks are eating that shit Mrazek contract for 2 years it is a 1st +. Don’t care what Leaf’s fans say because Flower walks after this year and we still don’t have to pay that shit contract for 2 years. And a bottom 1st round pick is a crapshoot anyhow.

Who do you think the Hawks are going to get to play goal for them for the next 2 years?

How does this carry any weight if Chicago isn't expecting to contend?

Even rebuilding teams need a goalie.

If the next best alternative is signing Mikko Koskinen to a 3+ year deal, then I think you can make the case that the Hawks are certainly better off with Mrazek.

Maybe the Hawks see Soderblom as an NHL goaltender... he's going to need a tandem partner. If not, and they go shopping for somebody else's younger tandem guy (Georgiev?? Vanecek or Samsonov??), that guy is still going to need a 1B.

Last edited:

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
This proposal is their only option?

Not neccessarily, but taking Mrazek on (even if you value him at Nil) may be the Hawks best option.

Would love to get your insight as to what better options exist for Chicago to get a goalie (or two) for next year?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Not neccessarily, but taking Mrazek on (even if you value him at Nil) may be the Hawks best option.

Would love to get your insight as to what better options exist for Chicago to get a goalie (or two) for next year?

Not necessary. If Chicago is anticipating a re-build, it’s an extremely weak selling point.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Not necessary. If Chicago is anticipating a re-build, it’s an extremely weak selling point.

Mrazek isn't meant to be a "selling point"; at least not one of any material substance... but to pretend like he's a "problem" in the deal doesn't really make much sense.

They need 2 goalies for next year, unless you believe that Soderblom is ready.

If you threw Mrazek into this year's UFA pool, with an ask of 2 years @ $3.8m; it seems to me that he'd be a really, really strong consideration for the Hawks.

I'd ask you again, what better options do you think exist for the Hawks in goal next year?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Mrazek isn't meant to be a "selling point"; at least not one of any material substance... but to pretend like he's a "problem" in the deal doesn't really make much sense.

If you threw Mrazek into this year's UFA pool, with an ask of 2 years @ $3.8m; it seems to me that he'd be a really, really strong consideration for the Hawks.

I'd ask you again, what better options do you think exist for the Hawks in goal next year?

Once again, if they’re anticipating a rebuild, they wouldn’t necessarily be focused on a “better” goalie.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
What about the following? Fleury is a rental, Hagel is on a steal of a contract for this season and the next two. Murphy would be a long term add but could swap for De Haan if you don’t want to add long term cap (obviously would swap Knies for someone else in that case)

:leafs
Fleury (retained)
Murphy
Hagel

:hawks
2022 1st
2023 2nd
Knies
Mrazek
I’d need more if I’m Chicago. MAF retained and taking Mrazek back is worth a 1st.
We would have to hope Knies becomes Hagel.
Murphy is worth more than a 2nd at his age/term.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Then trade him elsewhere and send the pick to the Hawks.
You claim he will have some (alleged) value in the off season. Are you saying you prefer to keep him and soup and exit in round 1 again?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s the deal I’d like to see the Leafs make after creating this disaster in net. The problem is, does he want to put up with all TO brings? Especially after all the craziness he’s been through.

As for the compensation, it’ll probably be something like 2 2nds. He holds all the cards and if he agrees to only TO, it’ll be up to Chicago to accept what’s offered.

Hope it happens cause it could end up a great story, but someone will screw something up trying to get a goaltender. At this point I’d take Greiss out of Detroit over the two they have now. I’m not even sure what other goaltenders are available. Maybe Varlamov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad