Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Bernier to Anaheim for conditional 2017 pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This one was sneaky, why don't you list all the selections made then.. This was a picks deal purely, Anaheim has a great scouting staff. It's not exactly proper to post the players traded instead of the picks fyi.. The Leafs never owned any of these players.

lol I was thinking it was odd for him to list the players we selected, and not the players Toronto selected. He's not a Ducks fan though. Maybe he just dislikes the Leafs or something.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
What's with our division rivals bringing in our former goaltending prospects? I'm glad we got Zatkoff back because he would have wound up in Alberta or Vancouver instead, apparently.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
This one was sneaky, why don't you list all the selections made then.. This was a picks deal purely, Anaheim has a great scouting staff. It's not exactly proper to post the players traded instead of the picks fyi.. The Leafs never owned any of these players.

I figured that most people knew that this one was a pick swap.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Bernier is a good goalie.. Anaheim fans will see that next year. Not sure how Andersen will look behind one of the worst blue lines in the league, lots of pressure to put on a guy with a little over 100 gp in the league

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Bernier will do well with the Ducks. Good for both sides.

If nothing else this could shape up to be a real eye opener. If Bernier shines in Anneheim and Anderson falters here, well it would be comical to hear the explanations how Bernier /Reimer weren't the problems afterall.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Doubt the conditions are any good. Maybe a 7th or 6th

If conditions are met

Ducks don't have a 6th or a 7th in 2017, so it'll be at least a 2017 5th, if the initial rumors of the return are true.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ducks don't have a 6th or a 7th in 2017, so it'll be at least a 2017 5th, if the initial rumors of the return are true.

I suppose it could be the Ducks worst 2017 7th rounder with the condition being they only trade the pick if they get a 7th rounder first(Obviously, can't trade a pick you don't have). In which case the Ducks never trade for a 7th rounder because they'd just have to give it to us.

Also known as us giving Bernier away.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I watch plenty, and as a goalie, I think I have a fair sense of understanding what good and bad goals do, and which are which. And what you and many other Leafs fans are selling is a bunch of stories to fit your narrative, nothing more. It's not new to me that people are terrible at evaluating goalies, but this is taking things to almost new levels.

Hes very poor mentally and breaks down easily. He is not prepared for the start of games.

Hes just not a good goalie. Theres no narrative. He'll never be a starter.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Anyone know what the condition is?

I remember the Raptors traded a player about 10 years ago. Maybe it was McGrady? Anyway it was a sign and trade the trade was future considerations. Raptors ended up getting offered an exhibition game. Talk about weird. So future considerations could be anything, tickets to Disneyland for the team maybe. :laugh:

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
The conditional pick i'm sure is trivial at best.
I understand the desire to move Bernier's contract, the writing was on the wall once Andersen's term was announced. I just wonder if this means Sparks gets another audition or if a cheap seasoned backup is on the radar.

All the best to Bernier, he's definitely headed to a better destination for re-establishing his standing around the league. His next contract is dependant on his performance with Anaheim so he'll bring it.

Mad Brills*

I'd predict a 4th that gets upgraded to a 3rd if something's met.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad