Value of: Top-6 LW to Washington

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
At least Ehlers isn’t a Rental but the Capitals cannot afford him and likely wouldn’t make this trade anyway. Caps cannot afford to exchange ELCs for Vets on term contracts at this stage.

Fehervary is a Top 4D TODAY (currently a great 3D with easy Top Pairing upside), McMichael is a Top 9 F (with easy Top 6 upside). I don’t think there’s a team in the League that will trade equivalent position players on ELCs for Nikolaj Ehlers.
Ok but I do believe it was a Caps fan asking for a top 6 scoring LW. Ehlers is locked up at 6.6 mil I believe which is very team friendly as well as for the length of OV’s contract. Has speed to burn and a shot to match and is just 25yrs old. Gotta give to get man. And with Ehlers the Caps would be getting a hell of a lot.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Ok but I do believe it was a Caps fan asking for a top 6 scoring LW. Ehlers is locked up at 6.6 mil I believe which is very team friendly as well as for the length of OV’s contract. Has speed to burn and a shot to match and is just 25yrs old. Gotta give to get man. And with Ehlers the Caps would be getting a hell of a lot.
Therein lies the Rub, if they’re GIVING that much they can easily GET more. Given Team Construction I doubt the Capitals would even consider trading Fehervary for Ehlers (or any other similar W) straight up.

$6.6M for a 65PT Player is also Decent Value it’s not exactly what I’d call Team-Friendly.

Last edited:
Reactions: txpd

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
IM sure someone has said this but one JT Miller is 5.25 mill cap hit

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Therein lies the Rub, if they’re GIVING that much they can easily GET more. Given Team Construction I doubt the Capitals would even consider trading Fehervary for Ehlers (or any other similar W) straight up.

$6.6M for a 65PT Player is also Decent Value it’s not exactly what I’d call Team-Friendly.
If you were to play Ehlers on the 1st line like he should be he would be way more than a 65pt player. He gets the raw deal by Maurice in the Peg. He is a game breaker but to each their own.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
If you were to play Ehlers on the 1st line like he should be he would be way more than a 65pt player. He gets the raw deal by Maurice in the Peg. He is a game breaker but to each their own.
Would Ehlers be a Top Line LW on the Capitals? I don’t think that spot is open.

Reactions: ujju2

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Would Ehlers be a Top Line LW on the Capitals? I don’t think that spot is open.
Of course he would. At the very least he would give the Caps 2 1st lines Are you sure you’ve watched him play more than a few times? It kind of seems your just looking at the points totals to me.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Of course he would. At the very least he would give the Caps 2 1st lines Are you sure you’ve watched him play more than a few times? It kind of seems your just looking at the points totals to me.
The Capitals have a LW that is ~2X the player Ehlers is so they don’t need him.

There’s only one puck and the Caps don’t lack scoring. Ehlers defense isn’t up to par. The Caps, like every other franchise, want to continue to be competitive. They cannot afford offense-first Ehlers and he’s a luxury they shouldn’t be willing to part with their future to acquire. No good team seeking to compete trades a Top 4D for a luxury F especially when said Top 4D makes considerably less than the same F. Ehlers is the wrong fit and the trade isn’t appealing, it’s not hard to understand.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I see you missed the joke.
I’ll help.
The only guy who would trade Lapierre today for Forsberg from the Capitals is George McPhee.

In case you missed it he’s the President of Hockey Operations in Vegas now. No one on the Capitals is lining up to repeat his career-defining Desperation.
I did miss it my bad

Reactions: StephenPeat

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Wrong level of top 6 forward. The Caps are trying to replace Mantha if he cant return this season from shoulder surgery. The Caps dont need a player worth McMichael and Fehervary. They have those players already. How much would you pay for Conor Sheary?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

This is the Capitals we are talking about. Did you mean to write that??

The Capitals do have 2 first lines. Their "2nd" line has is Mantha Backstrom Oshie. Mantha is out with an injury

Reactions: ujju2

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ehlers for McMichael and Fahervary?
I'm a big fan of Ehlers and would love to see him on the Capitals, but the Caps can't afford this trade. This subtracts two young roster mainstays from the current roster, and two of the key reasons the Capitals are able to be underneath the salary cap is their affordable salaries. Not to mention Fehervary is a fixture of the Caps Top 4 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad