Value of: Top 4 Defensemen that may be available at this years trade deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just curious what Top 4 D may be available at the trade deadline this year?
I know some of these guys are RFAs who may not be available.

Here's the list for 2022-23 UFA Defensemen:

Screenshot_20211111-114005_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211111-114019_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211111-114034_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here's the list for the 2023-24 UFA Defensemen:

Screenshot_20211111-114056_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211111-114108_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211111-114121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
With Bob Murray no longer in charge, it’s easier to envision Manson getting moved if Anaheim doesn’t keep it up. He should command a good return; a physical Top 4 RHD is the type that GMs will pay the 1st round premium for (see David Savard).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The 2 big IFs for me are Lindholm and Klingberg being shopped and/or re-signing with their current teams?

DAL could definitely do it but will they? Not sure if they're headed for a re-tool?
Have some key vet UFAs this year and they just seem tired or wore out with not enough scoring depth up front?

ANA could get a big haul for Lindholm and he can still sign back in ANA if need be.
Thought I saw rumblings he did want to test free agency? Not sure if those who reported are connected with ANA though.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Dallas is in a weird spot, we may be on the cusp of a wholesale front office change, and we also may not be. If Nill and co are fired, I could see the selling of Klingberg. If Nill stays, it could still happen, but it is much less likely. I want to throw Lindell's name in there, but that's just wishful thinking on my part, and he's probably more of an offseason trade kind of player.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dallas is in a weird spot, we may be on the cusp of a wholesale front office change, and we also may not be. If Nill and co are fired, I could see the selling of Klingberg. If Nill stays, it could still happen, but it is much less likely. I want to throw Lindell's name in there, but that's just wishful thinking on my part, and he's probably more of an offseason trade kind of player.

Why's that? Has there been a major drop off in his game of late? Don't get to watch too many DAL games.

FLA should be interested but the cost of 4 yrs is maybe too rich for us at the moment

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Lindholm and Manson.

All Ducks fans want Lindholm resigned and if he is moved he would get a huge return. He is a let 1st pairing guy and those don't become available very often.
For Manson just look at Savard from last season and that is probably close to his return.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Lindholm and Manson.

All Ducks fans want Lindholm resigned and if he is moved he would get a huge return. He is a let 1st pairing guy and those don't become available very often.
For Manson just look at Savard from last season and that is probably close to his return.
Hampus would be a huge pickup for a team, can play against top lines and handle himself well

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I fully expect one of Manson or Lindholm to be traded. as a Ducks fan, my preference would be for it to be Manson going for a juicy futures package and Lindholm signing an extension. he’s an ideal partner/mentor for Drysdale, IMO and still has a lot of good hockey ahead of him *if* he can stay healthy, which admittedly has been a bit of a struggle for him recently.

but if he’s insistent on testing free agency, he’d definitely fetch the biggest return at the deadline, so hopefully Solomon pulls the trigger on a trade and avoids losing him for nothing.

Reactions: Arthuros

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Whats the deal with Lindell? Been seeing a lot of this sentiment lately.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lindholm and Manson.

If moved in late November/early December?

Lindholm:
2022/23 1st + teams top 3 C/D prospect + 2022/23 2nd + mid pick/mid level prospect?

Manson:
1st + 3rd + prospect?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Risto had a full year left and think JGP was just before deadline in February.
Maybe missing a piece but some GMs lose their minds in trades.
And Lindholm will be the premier D on the block along with Klingberg.

View attachment 479131 View attachment 479132
FWIW, the Pageau trade was basically a sign and trade. His contract was announced right after the Islanders acquired him. Without the extension, I don’t think Ottawa gets that much of a return.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
With Bob Murray no longer in charge, it’s easier to envision Manson getting moved if Anaheim doesn’t keep it up. He should command a good return; a physical Top 4 RHD is the type that GMs will pay the 1st round premium for (see David Savard).
Hasn't he been pretty lackluster the past few years?

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Ghost :) he is having a great year on a really really bad Yotes team. Keeps playing like this will get a late first round pick :)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FWIW, the Pageau trade was basically a sign and trade. His contract was announced right after the Islanders acquired him. Without the extension, I don’t think Ottawa gets that much of a return.

For sure, good point.

Has it be released why conditional picks based on re-signing with new team was taken out or not allowed anymore?

Have always wondered how it wasn't considered tampering and the selling GM actually asking for more asset capital if knowing the player would sign with new team.
Used to see posters on here always asking for more with extension in place which never made sense to me

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
At Dallas's current pace Klingberg should be available. Tho hopefully we can Bowness and Nill first and see if we can workout a better system

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Whats the deal with Lindell? Been seeing a lot of this sentiment lately.

He's mostly fine in his own end, but the guy is paid like a dman who should do more than just defend and yet that's all he's capable of doing. Unacceptable on a team that struggles as much as Dallas to score goals.

Horrible puck mover. I mean horrible. Lot of times he will make the safe and frustrating play which is avoid passing to anyone and just launch the puck over everyone on his own team and over to the other team.

You might think I'm just talking about clearing the zone, but he does this when he has time with the puck and the team is trying to break out too without pressure lmao.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad