Value of: Top 4 Defensemen that may be available at this years trade deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
honestly asking, what pending UFA/rental has returned what is proposed for Lindholm?
He’ll be 28 years old, and if he reestablishes himself as a top-pair defenseman, after getting derailed in 2019-20 and only playing 18 games last season, he should have a ton of trade value.

Teams trading for him likely would be interested interested in signing him. It’s similar to Hertl, assuming he makes it the UFA market. Not a lot of these guys even make it to the open market.

I don’t think there’s a set formula price with a 1st/2nd + prospect because it depends on what picks and prospects specific teams have to offer. The quality of the prospect matters a lot.

The Risto trade isn’t exactly an example of that either since Hagg is 26 and will be a UFA next off-season.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
How off am I with Blues 2022 1st, Kostin/Neighbors, +cap dump(Clifford?) for Lindholm.

And if that's a good base what would it take for retention?

Reactions: Arthuros

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
For sure, good point.

Has it be released why conditional picks based on re-signing with new team was taken out or not allowed anymore?

Have always wondered how it wasn't considered tampering and the selling GM actually asking for more asset capital if knowing the player would sign with new team.
Used to see posters on here always asking for more with extension in place which never made sense to me
thx for the info btw!
wasn't Hagg, like... terrible?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
thx for the info btw!
wasn't Hagg, like... terrible?

Yes most PHI fans would likely pay to move him but surprisingly off to a decent start in BUF, a goal and 4pts in 12 games, well on pace to best his career high of 20. Was on pace for around 20pts last year.

He'd likely be the mid pick value in my quoted Lindholm value, more just $$/counted contract going the other way.

But in saying this, Lindholm with 60 games left in regular season + playoffs is worth a lot, definitely more than a full year of Risto and 40ish (20 reg. Season + playoffs) games of JGP.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Yes most PHI fans would likely pay to move him but surprisingly off to a decent start in BUF, a goal and 4pts in 12 games, well on pace to best his career high of 20. Was on pace for around 20pts last year.

He'd likely be the mid pick value in my quoted Lindholm value, more just $$/counted contract going the other way.

But in saying this, Lindholm with 60 games left in regular season + playoffs is worth a lot, definitely more than a full year of Risto and 40ish (20 reg. Season + playoffs) games of JGP.
dunno how Risto is doing in Philly (he ended up there right? ) but always thought he could be a lot better away from BUF

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
No idea, any Habs fans want to chime in? I'm an Oilers fan and would love him on our third pair, but I don't know if it would be a trade we can afford to make given our need for a goalie.
The guy you really want is Edmunson. I think he is much better than Chiarrot and could be key for a long playoff run.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The guy you really want is Edmunson. I think he is much better than Chiarrot and could be key for a long playoff run.
I like Chairot's versatility in being able to play either side but I think Edmunson would be fine as a 3LD pickup if he is more affordable. Edmunson to Edmonton. I can hear Gene Principe salivating at the thought.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I imagine the price starts at a 1st for any legit top-4 guy and then add from there depending on the player.

Someone like Lindholm will likely take another piece (like a 2nd or B prospect) and of course even more if it comes with an extension.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
How off am I with Blues 2022 1st, Kostin/Neighbors, +cap dump(Clifford?) for Lindholm.

And if that's a good base what would it take for retention?

As much as I do NOT want to trade Vladi, I’d be intrigued by a Vladi+ package to Anaheim that involves getting Lindholm+Rakell(w/ retention depending on package) back.

Both technically rentals, but we could let Rakell walk and use that money to extend Lindholm.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I like Chairot's versatility in being able to play either side but I think Edmunson would be fine as a 3LD pickup if he is more affordable. Edmunson to Edmonton. I can hear Gene Principe salivating at the thought.
Our season has been a disaster so far for two main reasons: Price and Weber. But missing Edmunson was also one of the main reason. He is the main contributor to stabilize our defense and missing him really hurt us. A little bit less physical compare to Chiarrot but making much less mistake than Chiarrot.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Our season has been a disaster so far for two main reasons: Price and Weber. But missing Edmunson was also one of the main reason. He is the main contributor to stabilize our defense and missing him really hurt us. A little bit less physical compare to Chiarrot but making much less mistake than Chiarrot.

Phyiscality is just a bonus, I just want someone steady to help balance Barrie's inconsistency on our 3rd pair.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
34b5021d36cb2a789c284ef90ea3570d.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad