Value of: Top 4 Defensemen that may be available at this years trade deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021
STL would have the following available:

It’s first 2022, it’s third and down 2022. All of 2023.

Could add one of three young goalies: Ville Husso, Joel Hofer, or Colton Ellis - all 3 have a positive development track record.

Could add one of three young center prospects: Zach Bolduc (2021 1st), Nikita Alexandrov (2019 2nd), Hugh McGing (208 5th). Admittedly in his short time @ AHL McGing has primarily been used on the wing.

Could add a roster player such as:

Klim Kostin (1 mil aav plus potential 400k in bonuses, final year, rfa)

Niko Mikkola (785k, final year, rfa)

Jake Walman (725AAV, final year, RFA) Admittedly a fringe NHL-er

We have no cap space. The following players would be needed to be considered included for cap reasons in some circumstances.

Robert Bortuzzo (final year of 1.375AAV)

Vladimir Tarasenko (2 years left at 7.5AAV, final year is only 5.5mil in cash to the player)

James Neal (final year of 750AAV)

Anybody have a left handed D and want some combination of that stuff above, and can make the cap work? I’m looking for a partner for Parayko, preferably under 30.

Could toss in higher valued assets for a younger, better than average defenseman.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lot of rumbling yesterday about Chiarot to Trona

Many teams have noticed what Chiarot did in the playoffs. He was a big part of the Habs physical D that won series against the Pens, Leafs, Jets, and Knights. It was not all Price!

Habs will likely move Chiarot to the highest bidder. Teams are most certainly interested but that 1st if probably not happening. But if you offered me two 2nd's today, I might pull the trigger well in advance of the deadline. I feel he will be a target by several teams and I'll let the fans fight about the deadline price. It's hard to nail down when it comes to a guy that is drawing interest from several teams.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How’s he been this season?

I don't think what Petry is doing this season matters that much. And if the Habs decide to trade him, we are certainly not going to listen to any devalue attempts cause he is struggling on a team that has many flaws (again). Habs are thin on RD and the best move (unless we get pry away trade offers), is to keep him and let him groom some of the younger ones coming.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Depending on how the Jackets season goes, Gavrikov could be available. UFA after next season with $2.8 million cap hit. Good defensive left D. He is the 2nd pair LD in Columbus behind Werenski. We’d love to keep him, but I expect he’ll want more money/term than the Jackets will be willing to offer and want to test free agency in 2023. The Jackets might think they could get the best return making him available this year since he is better than his cap hit. They would want a good return.
...so it's YOUR fault.
trouble.gif

No, Gav isn't going to be available this year. He's the only primarily defensive guy we have. The scenario you're talking about would apply to next season in a rental situation, not this year. Doing so preemptively is foolish - it'd be leaving too many of the kids we're developing out to dry.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
...so it's YOUR fault.
trouble.gif

No, Gav isn't going to be available this year. He's the only primarily defensive guy we have. The scenario you're talking about would apply to next season in a rental situation, not this year. Doing so preemptively is foolish - it'd be leaving too many of the kids we're developing out to dry.

Sell high. He won’t be higher than he is now. Holding assets too long when your team isn’t very good is what is foolish. I really like Gavrikov, but we are not a playoff team. I look at how we can be really good in a couple of seasons (when Gav will be long gone), not how we can do the best we can this season, which is maybe 9th in the East.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sell high. He won’t be higher than he is now.
Incorrect. Deadline rental prices are inevitably better. And you're presuming that there's zero chance of a quick bounceback; better to hold off and wait for the nicer price rather than preempt it based on a lack of optimism.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Incorrect. Deadline rental prices are inevitably better.

Possibly, but he has been playing really well lately. Much better than he played last year. It would be silly and shortsighted to outright dismiss the idea of trading him now. You don’t have to accept the offer, but you listen to it.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
At this point, not sure Detroit will move Leddy but with them needing spots as soon as next year for 2-3 young D, maybe they will.

He has been very solid for the Detroit and obviously the Isles miss him transitionally, as it’s been their weakest part of their team.

There will be a lot of interest if he’s available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad