Value of: Top 4 Defensemen that may be available at this years trade deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
The guy you really want is Edmunson. I think he is much better than Chiarrot and could be key for a long playoff run.
yeah we should be keeping edmundson. unless it's a sizeable over payment. he's the one defenseman who can play defense without cross checking

Reactions: malcb33

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Risto had a full year left and think JGP was just before deadline in February.
Maybe missing a piece but some GMs lose their minds in trades.
And Lindholm will be the premier D on the block along with Klingberg.

yes, the return for these two should be the results of a bidding war.... so expect a high return for both if they are shopped

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Well if the Habs keep going downhill.. Petry, Edmunson, Chiarot and Savard..
Chiarot , Kulak , Wideman all three unresticted after this season are the only defencman that Montreal might trade .

Last edited:

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
With Bob Murray no longer in charge, it’s easier to envision Manson getting moved if Anaheim doesn’t keep it up. He should command a good return; a physical Top 4 RHD is the type that GMs will pay the 1st round premium for (see David Savard).
If Ristolainen landed a mid-1st+, Manson could reasonably be the most valuable asset on the trade market.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd rather the Oilers go after Klingberg and deal Barrie elsewhere.
I don't know if we can afford Klingberg to be honest. Maybe if he is the only big fish we go at this year, but I'm still hoping we can go for an upgrade in net. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes down. With the Ducks playing well, Gibson isn't going to be available. If teams like the Islanders struggles continue, then we may see someone shake loose that we weren't expecting and need to pay for that player.

I like him Klingberg too though.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't know if we can afford Klingberg to be honest. Maybe if he is the only big fish we go at this year, but I'm still hoping we can go for an upgrade in net. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes down. With the Ducks playing well, Gibson isn't going to be available. If teams like the Islanders struggles continue, then we may see someone shake loose that we weren't expecting and need to pay for that player.

I like him Klingberg too though.

yeah, money has to go out in any trade for literally any position. Looks like our top six is in good shape. Our 3C needs some improvement but so far the bottom six is much better than last year.

Goaltending and defense. That is where we are weakest.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
yeah, money has to go out in any trade for literally any position. Looks like our top six is in good shape. Our 3C needs some improvement but so far the bottom six is much better than last year.

Goaltending and defense. That is where we are weakest.
I was meaning in assets as well. If we use our 1st+ for a solution in net, then we don't have the horses to win the bid on Klingberg.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
With Bob Murray no longer in charge, it’s easier to envision Manson getting moved if Anaheim doesn’t keep it up. He should command a good return; a physical Top 4 RHD is the type that GMs will pay the 1st round premium for (see David Savard).

Fowler-Manson has been a very good pairing so far this season. I think the Ducks may keep them together for a few more seasons if Manson’s extension price is reasonable.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Drysdale is living with Lindholm and paired with him. I don’t think the Ducks want to mess with that. If Lindholm gets traded it will be on deadline day.

Ya the Ducks hot start has likely changed some of the UFAs/vets minds about leaving.

Not taking anything away from the current run for the Ducks but they have played some easier teams, in saying that, you play the teams on your schedule.

The next 6-7 games should tell us a lot more of where they really are.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Depending on how the Jackets season goes, Gavrikov could be available. UFA after next season with $2.8 million cap hit. Good defensive left D. He is the 2nd pair LD in Columbus behind Werenski. We’d love to keep him, but I expect he’ll want more money/term than the Jackets will be willing to offer and want to test free agency in 2023. The Jackets might think they could get the best return making him available this year since he is better than his cap hit. They would want a good return.

Reactions: TFHockey

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Depending on how the Jackets season goes, Gavrikov could be available. UFA after next season with $2.8 million cap hit. Good defensive left D. He is the 2nd pair LD in Columbus behind Werenski. We’d love to keep him, but I expect he’ll want more money/term than the Jackets will be willing to offer and want to test free agency in 2023. The Jackets might think they could get the best return making him available this year since he is better than his cap hit. They would want a good return.

What would CBJ want for him?
Picks and prospects?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad