• Top-4 Defenseman

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Top-6 Winger

Votes: 39 62.9%

• Total voters

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I'd rather have a top 4 stay at home defenseman (ideally RHD but I'm not picky about that) that can PK and do the dirty work to allow Dahlin/Power/Byram to roam. But there's no space unless they trade out a defenseman. Too many currently on the current roster that fill similar roles.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think a top 4 D made sense, but with players like Pesce, Roy and DeMelo gone, I just don't see any good options right now.

So I think a top 6 forward makes a lot of sense. Any injury to the top 6 leaves us thin, and we need more goals. Even now, we don't have another proven top 6 forward.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The way I see it...top 6 isnt a need right now. You bring one in that kicks someone out.

They could move Greenway and bring someone in to replace him
right now it looks like Krebs is a 13F who can sub ok nyo any spot on the 4 lines.
The youth in RRochestercan also replace players

I see RD as possibly being the hole that gets replaced. They could trade Joker/Clifton for something

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
We have young talent at each position. Defense takes longer and is harder. So the clear answer is defense.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What do I want to see them get? Given the choice? Top 4 RHD.

We've got the young talent to fill the top 6 "hole" internally, I see no reason to go out and get one. But a top 4 RHD? Preferably one that is defense-first? Those are 2/3 years away in our system. Gimme a top 4 RHD that can defend.
It just seems like there are no options on the market. DeMelo re-signed with the Jets. Pesce chose New Jersey. Roy chose the Caps. I don't see any good options in the trade.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It just seems like there are no options on the market. DeMelo re-signed with the Jets. Pesce chose New Jersey. Roy chose the Caps. I don't see any good options in the trade.
I'm saying nothing about realism here. I am simply answering -- given the choice, which would I prefer?

I full well know that if we're talking realism.......a top 6 forward is infinitely more likely.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Wing. For all his faults, Skinner's goal production needs to be replaced.

They've got some mix-and-match options to add a #4 to Dahlin, Byram, and Power. Counting on Ruff to find the synergy.

Reactions: Club

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I say top 6 because Adams would just add another Left handed puck moving dman

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Top 4 D. But I haven’t thought they needed a top 6 this entire time. I’d be riding with tuch, jj, quinn, and benson. Ive wanted an Ekholm for a decade now.

Reactions: Zman5778

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Defense...seems we have more prospects that could crack the top 6 rather than the top 4.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What about Kevin Shattenkirk as a depth vet right shot dman?
Hr I'd pure 6-8Dman. Hr isnt a top 4. I dont mind if they signed him to s $1M press box D who occasionally plays.

If like to have a bridge player to the youth coming up who is under contract for 3 yrs but who us mid 20s. Maybe someone entering yr 3 of an ELC who nay be nhl ready.

they have RD prospects in komorov. Strbek, McCarthy, Kieber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad