Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Kovalenko to 2-year deal

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
who.wants to be in Denver during beach weather
I do. Beach is overrated. Humidity, sun burn, disgusting bodies, sharks etc…
IMG_2934.png

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
who.wants to be in Denver during beach weather
Unfortunately, summer is no longer beach weather in southern Florida. Don't think you could pay me enough money to hit the beach in June, July or August. Maybe in January or February, but south Florida since the early 80s has become a coast-to-coast concrete lined conduction oven. It's an unnatural and pretty deadly type of heat these days.

Reactions: landstuhltaylor

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
it's
Unfortunately, summer is no longer beach weather in southern Florida. Don't think you could pay me enough money to hit the beach in June, July or August. Maybe in January or February, but south Florida since the early 80s has become a coast-to-coast concrete lined conduction oven. It's an unnatural and pretty deadly type of heat these days.
hotter here in NS than Florida right now and the beach is fabulous

Edit: I'm certain Nate Dog isn't leaving here for Denver

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Miami is where all the Russian NHL guys train.

He’ll probably get back to Denver quicker than others though. No need to really be in Denver right now. Nobody else really is. Ritchie was asked to stay a few extra days after dev camp and he’s probably gone back.
Nonsense. What this team needs is some classic Rocky Balboa training at the highest levels of altitude. Every opponent is Drago.

There is no tomorrow.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nonsense. What this team needs is some classic Rocky Balboa training at the highest levels of altitude. Every opponent is Drago.

There is no tomorrow.
I mean, there is no doubt that Rocky's IV's Burning Heart montage was the absolute best use of a montage in cinematic history. It stood as champ until 2004 when Trey Parker and Matt Stone figured out the only way to improve on Rocky was to make a montage that was actually self-aware with Team America: World Police's You Need a Montage... but that's beside the point.

What specifically about Survivor's 1985 masterpiece makes it the cream of the crop for you? :popcorn:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, there is no doubt that Rocky's IV's Burning Heart montage was the absolute best use of a montage in cinematic history. It stood as champ until 2004 when Trey Parker and Matt Stone figured out the only way to improve on Rocky was to make a montage that was actually self-aware with Team America: World Police's You Need a Montage... but that's beside the point.

What specifically about Survivor's 1985 masterpiece makes it the cream of the crop for you? :popcorn:
The fact that he beats Drago is what makes it the GOAT.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Florida is Satan’s jockstrap this time of year even if you don’t get a hurricane.

I live in SW Florida and the day to day life this time of year is "the floor is lava" as you jump from AC interior place to AC interior place. Outside = death and this works for me because I just like to play keyboard warrior with you fine folk. I also live like 5 minutes from the beach but will only go at around sunset. It's not happening during daytime hours.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I remember when my parents lived in Houston for a while, how blown away I was by the fact that a load of the buildings in the financial district were connected by underground tunnels with shops and cafes in.

It makes sense though, because Texas f***ing sucks. It had nothing to do with the heat.

#nooffensetotexans

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I remember when my parents lived in Houston for a while, how blown away I was by the fact that a load of the buildings in the financial district were connected by underground tunnels with shops and cafes in.

It makes sense though, because Texas f***ing sucks. It had nothing to do with the heat.

#nooffensetotexans
#nonetaken

Just kidding, I haven't even visited Texas since the late 90s. I thought Atlanta also had an underground city that was supposedly much larger than Houston's maze of corridors and shops. The problem with Houston doing it is that so much of the area is prone to flooding. Last place I want to be during a flooding event is trapped in an underground tunnel.

I think it would make a lot of sense if it could be done out in the desert though. Think Pheonix/Scotsdale. Could probably even work in Alaska (to combat the extreme winter cold) but the cost would be prohibitive as the population is too small to warrant that kind of investment.

I believe Atlanta's underground city is actually larger than Houston's. There was a guy from Georgia on my boat that used to rave about how awesome it was.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
#nonetaken

Just kidding, I haven't even visited Texas since the late 90s. I thought Atlanta also had an underground city that was supposedly much larger than Houston's maze of corridors and shops. The problem with Houston doing it is that so much of the area is prone to flooding. Last place I want to be during a flooding event is trapped in an underground tunnel.

I think it would make a lot of sense if it could be done out in the desert though. Think Pheonix/Scotsdale. Could probably even work in Alaska (to combat the extreme winter cold) but the cost would be prohibitive as the population is too small to warrant that kind of investment.

I believe Atlanta's underground city is actually larger than Houston's. There was a guy from Georgia on my boat that used to rave about how awesome it was.
Toronto has that too

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
#nonetaken

What decade this stems from gives VERY different vibes to what this means. :laugh:

• Haha

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
take a trip north east and stay at a cottage you might change your mind.

I will.day the humidity.is 38C here in NS today but it's beautiful at the beach. Water is lush
Nope. f*** humidity. Colorado weather beats that shit every time. I prefer someplace where I can get in the shade and it actually feels cooler. Or step out at night and not have it still feel like it's 90-plus degrees.

Funny thing is, my sister-in-law grew up in Nebraska and has lived in the deep south (LA, MS, AL) since she was 18 and thinks it's dry as hell in places like Lake of the Ozarks, MO. She'd probably shrivel up and disintegrate if she stepped foot in CO now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad