Confirmed with Link: Tony DeAngelo on unconditional waivers in second buyout window.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
In honour of TDA finally being the hell off this roster, let's take a moment to remember our favourite moments from this piece of trash that was Tony.

Mine was when that one twitter account that defended him at every turn, turned out to have the same birthday as our beloved Anthony. What are the odds of that?!
1/365

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ewww. The TDA fiasco has to be one of the worst in franchise history. Giving up so much for a player with well documented issues then signing him to a relatively large, albeit short, contract and then having to buy him out all within basically 365 days. Chuck Fletcher should be imprisoned for what he did here. :eek2::(

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
vUVRaaJ.gif

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Ewww. The TDA fiasco has to be one of the worst in franchise history. Giving up so much for a player with well documented issues then signing him to a relatively large, albeit short, contract and then having to buy him out all within basically 365 days. Chuck Fletcher should be imprisoned for what he did here. :eek2::(
That signing was a disaster in the making. He should go back to Carolina. Seems to be the only place where they can keep him relatively in check.

We still don't know what actually happened right? He was just gone basically overnight.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
i wish i knew what happened between tda and torts.
I told you guys on here earlier , Tort's calls out players in the dressing room in front of the team trying to embarrass them . It turned into a F U back and forth between the two and the next thing he was benched for the rest of the year .

Saw a couple Flyers on the golf course a few months back and got lots of tidbits like Tort's firing the team psychologist , the TDA incident and a few others as well .

ps they also said there were some players asking for trades out and said next years team could look real different .

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
This message board is funny. I get the Fletcher criticism, because he was truly awful and it was the worst kept secret in the NHL, so on and so forth. But buyout TDA, trade for pennies on the dollar, waive and exile to the AHL - it just didn’t matter for this front office. The die was cast. The Rubicon was crossed. The fat lady was done singing. There was no “winning” to be had. At this point, “winning” was getting TDA off the roster. If Waddell was so hot to pick up the TDA trade after the year passed, then he’d have been up with the roosters to made the deal happen on the anniversary. I can only imagine what kind of fanciful dreams half this board had for what Briere was going to be able to extract out of this abomination of a transaction left for him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Peole post Jfresh showing TDA was in the bottom 1% on defense, then complain they couldn't trade him for anything.
I mean the league has film on him, right now he's where Gustaffson was two years ago, he'll have to work for minimum wage to rebuild his career.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Peole post Jfresh showing TDA was in the bottom 1% on defense, then complain they couldn't trade him for anything.
I mean the league has film on him, right now he's where Gustaffson was two years ago, he'll have to work for minimum wage to rebuild his career.

He wasn't much better than that defensively before this year.

The point isn't that no one wanted him. It's that the reason they couldn't find a taker is their own ineptitude. It's that his last few seasons stand as an exemplary standard for how orgs go about their business. You've got a one line flow chart that shows you the haves (Carolina) and the have nots (here) with clear, inarguable lines of distinction.

Again, I've been on record as preferring the buyout to a retained trade for nothing. Different issues.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He wasn't much better than that defensively before this year.

The point isn't that no one wanted him. It's that the reason they couldn't find a taker is their own ineptitude. It's that his last few seasons stand as an exemplary standard for how orgs go about their business. You've got the haves (Carolina) and the have nots (here) with clear, inarguable lines of distinction.
Carolina has a well thought out strategy, including letting veterans walk rather than overpay.
Scott was setting policy for the Flyers with Barber whispering in his ear, "aggressive reload."
I think Fletcher knew it was a lost cause by last spring, but placating his boss bought him one more season.

His moves reeked of a GM willing to draw to an inside straight b/c he was screwed in any case - had he traded Risto, Sanheim he would be declaring that they were starting a full scale rebuild, but that probably would have got him fired. It took the team imploding to finally convince the PTB that a rebuild was in order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad